Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kangaxx

Arbiter
Todd Howard sounds like he's constantly inhaling helium.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
dunno about that but i despise anything sport related. not because sports are funded by jew banking cartel to distract plebs, but because they mutiliate/distort idea of war by absurd of its arbitrary restrictions and lack of application in real conflict where those restrictions are not enforced.

war is everything, its purpose of existence of every self directing/developed consciousness (i dont consider vagina developed consciousness ofc); u live to be better soldier and excel in all aspects of warfare and u do it firstly by not limiting yourself by any bs restriction (like morality/religions developed to make plebs non competetive) other than those that are immutable/external like laws of physics(and even those are more reactive than jew stream media wants u to believe).

peace (or something close to it) is only achived when all participants are masters at war as there is no easy prey left.

reflexes and basic patter cognition and like 0/negro level warfare where your opponents play 5th and 6th gen warfare (which btw includes time travel technology aka save scumming).
https://youtu.be/0p10G1m3ZfU

Is it just me, or are newfags getting dumber by the day?
Goddamn, for a few moments I was in genuine awe of your stupidity.
If you're not trolling, then good job sir.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What happens to culture and high art when everyone is channeling Conan the barbarian?

Most of what's today considered high art was in its time low art, but with time and continued success it got recontextualised into high art.
I suspect that by the 100th anniversary of Tolkien's death, his Mythopoeia will generally be considered high art.

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
I suspect that by the 100th anniversary of Tolkien's death, his Mythopoeia will be considered high art.
academics have always hated tolkien's work
Fortunately for us, when it comes to the Humanities, academics don't decide shit.
They might influence the consensus, but they don't decide it.
lol wasnt academic whores deciding about shutdown of global economy and forced bio weapon on plebs? academic is new priesthood, link between jew slave owner and plebs.

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
btw is this forum moderated? some of my and some of cum guzzlers posts are missing. wtf vituperation is vital part of exchange, how can free speech tard not get it.

Codex Year of the Donut
btw is this forum moderated? some of my and some of cum guzzlers posts are missing. wtf vituperation is vital part of exchange, how can free speech tard not get it.
an AI sometimes shuffles posts around that its program decides are in the incorrect topic.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally got around reading the Gaystar preview of this game. Probably already mentioned here and no new infos, as it was apparently based on some 15 min showcase on a console and lots of hot air by Todd.
I just wanted to point out how surprised I was how little standing Bethesda seems to have left among journalists. The entire article was riddled with jabs, as the author had obviously been burned before by Toddspeak.

NPCs commenting on your background? "Happened in the beginning of Lolblivion, never came up again."

Basebuilding
"The most unliked feature of FO4 returns even bigger."

"Only 4 visitable cities in the entire galaxy"

"Most of the planets are just random gen to grind for resources"

"They call it 'Creashun Engshin 2' now. Still the same engine, wins no price for visuals. Same weird facial expressions, animations. Struggles to keep 30fps during presentation."

The lockpicking game is apparently the more time consuming ESO version.

TLDR: Bethesda. Bethesda never changes. Same playbook, same "tricks" during press demos. They really need to step up their hype game to make people bite.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
TLDR: Bethesda. Bethesda never changes. Same playbook, same "tricks" during press demos. They really need to step up their hype game to make people bite.

They could just make a good game. But no, Todd and the other executives just want to party with Snoop Dogg.

thesecret1

Arcane
Whatever. You'll still buy it. So will I...
Sure, buy...
2yWqVqd.png

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
Basebuilding
"The most unliked feature of FO4 returns even bigger."
i guess unliked by same niggers that were too stupid and impatient to build anything with legos.

strongest part of morrowind and later beth games are the world with memory (daggerfall enviroments are so generic and repetetive im not sure if it counts even if it has no time limit persistency for player items). lack of memory kills immersion/makes your existence pointless as u dont have fucking impact on world. gta5, red dead 2; trash, u turn around world resets, utterly pointless cardboard. fallout 4 basebuilding gave good pretense fo actual game loop, shame all the building parts were trash without mods and its not really usable without extensive console use for tweaking, but its mostly console peasants woe and they dont build anyway and even if they do, it sucks, just like soy filled woke "game journos".

Codex Year of the Donut
FO4 basebuilding felt pointless, the attacks on your base were lame as shit.
I'd imagine if FO4/etc had a Terraria-like system where you could attract certain NPCs with certain designs or buildings it would be a lot more interesting.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Only 4 visitable cities in the entire galaxy"

This is not a bad thing neither gameplay or lore wise.

It can make sense that at start of era of space colonization humanity will concentrate in its population on few major colonies and have a bunch of smaller work related settlements.

Also its better to have 4 handmade cities filled with interesting quests, factions and characters then bunch of generated ones with generic npc and quests.

Problem is that there is little hope that Bethesda can create interesting quests, characters and factions or just lore.

Codex Year of the Donut

It can make sense that at start of era of space colonization humanity will concentrate in its population on few major colonies and have a bunch of smaller work related settlements.
There's a tendency for producers and consumers alike of sci-fi to greatly overestimate the percentage of habitable worlds in the galaxy, simply because the overall number is so great.
Odds are planetary colonization won't even be desirable, it's too difficult to get out of a planet's gravity compared to an artificial construct.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

There's a tendency for producers and consumers alike of sci-fi to greatly overestimate the percentage of habitable worlds in the galaxy, simply because the overall number is so great.
Odds are planetary colonization won't even be desirable, it's too difficult to get out of a planet's gravity compared to an artificial construct.
True but we are talking about fiction here and you can make a reasoning for both large and small number of colonies.

That said, I find it more realistic to have a game universe with very few colonies and vast majority of planets being just uninhabitable places which at best can be used as mining location.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

It becomes desirable when colonization is depicted on a more realistic timescale, where a colonizing ship is sent with the understanding that those people will almost certainly spend the rest of their lives on that same planet.

That said, I find it more realistic to have a game universe with very few colonies and vast majority of planets being just uninhabitable places which at best can be used as mining location.

The real issue here is that at this point anybody and everybody with experience with Bethesda and the famous Todd Howard hype-man knows that 'four visitable cities!' is likely four collections of ~25 NPCs.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just out of curiosity: what other games/engines are this moddable? And have as many console commands? Because honestly these are among the only aspects that I play these games for.

Caim

Arcane
Just out of curiosity: what other games/engines are this moddable? And have as many console commands? Because honestly these are among the only aspects that I play these games for.
id Tech 3, I guess? Poeple used it for all sorts of shooters back in the day and I have many fond memories of messing around in the console in Jedi Outcast.

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
FO4 basebuilding felt pointless, the attacks on your base were lame as shit.
I'd imagine if FO4/etc had a Terraria-like system where you could attract certain NPCs with certain designs or buildings it would be a lot more interesting.
why would u think base attacks were point of base building. thats like thinking false rape accusations and alimonies are point of vagina existence.

the base attacks when u are out of space are broken anyway, they may succedd no matter defenses, i modded em out so only happens when im in place.
it aint the point; the guy who buys 150 mln usd mansion dont buys it to have mini games with niggers trying to break mutfruit tree in his garden. he buys it as monument of his opulence and also to have place to keep his fuckmeats. and gun collection. and vertibird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom