Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
God that game broke my mind.

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
DEEP: https://wccftech.com/starfield-comp...-you-another-perspective-on-your-whole-being/

Starfield Composer Says the Game Is Huge and Will Give You Another Perspective on Your Whole Being​

Starfield was notably missing at both Bethesda's own QuakeCon and Cologne's Gamescom events, so fans have to scrounge up every tidbit of info they can.

Luckily, renowned Israeli-American composer Inon Zur appeared in a lengthy video interview on the YouTube channel Nikhil Hogan Show. Zur has done a lot of critically acclaimed work for videogames, ever since Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and all the way down to more recent titles like Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Dragon Age II, Dragon's Dogma, Fallout 76, and of course Starfield itself.

When the interviewer questioned him about the upcoming Bethesda Game Studios title, Zur thoroughly explained why he believes Starfield will be a remarkable game.

Starfield is a deep game, it's a philosophical game. It's a game that will consume a lot of... if you want to play Starfield it'll consume a lot of your being. I believe that after Starfield, you will be a bit of... I wouldn't say changed person, but it will definitely give you another perspective. Maybe a deeper perspective to your whole being.

In terms of size, Starfield is a huge game, at least twice as big as the biggest game Bethesda ever did, really. So it's huge. But it's not only that. The premise of Starfield and the courage to ask questions and try to answer them is actually standing in the core of Starfield. It's more than just another shooter or another RPG game. Starfield really takes a very courageous step into a realm that is more philosophical.

It's not about how it looks, it's not about how the gameplay is, although they're also incredible, but it's not about that. It's about the story and the ability to write your own story within the story that Starfield really is. In your ability to ask questions, seek for their answers, and maybe get them.

Starfield, the first new IP conceived by Bethesda Game Studios in over 25 years, is targeting a launch on PC and Xbox Series S|X at some point in the first half of 2023. You can check out all of the known info in our roundup post.

average woke fagstation player is not really capable of new perspective. as Ned said, gay guy has a very limited perspective. like a pair of sweaty balls in front of his face or bed headboard. that paired with decades of planned ridicule and trivialization of concept of (hostile) alien interference idea by jew media, jewsney cartoons, pedowood movies etc will kill any impact.

at end it does not matter how profound and potentially far reaching idea is, if its not contemplated due to desensitization, its toothless as its shock inducing/attention grabbing power has been stripped away.
https://youtu.be/V6Z4fkq3Zfc
on bright side, if banking cartel (interplanetary corporate conglomerate infiltrated by aliens) decides to use its illegal space program "ufo" crafts it will also be less effective distraction from hyperinflation, coming up election fraud evidence and famine they engineered to cull population.

its cool thing about propaganda. just like fiat ponzi it gives less and less return on investment, untill it implodes. unless they manage to vax entire population with brain control nanobots ofc.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
Let's kill biggest mystery of gaming industry: Why big budget games are incresingly buggy, frequently delayed and non-innovative? Zero senior programmers who can cleverly code on board. Bunch of low cost, diversity, woke and "all I know is Creation Engine" oldtimer devs. 5-6-7 year development cycles and 11+ years gaps between installments in major multi billion $ worth franchise like Elder Scrolls are result of complete failure by management to set good course for the ship and complete failure of crew to spot icebergs

Not having spin-off RTS, grand-strategy, city-builder, isometric cRPG, dungeon crawler, action-adventure or even point&click adventure set in Elder Scrolls universe in parallel by all the micro-transaction ridden mobile crap they put out has left BILLION+ $ laying on the floor in span of last 11 years since Skyrim's release. Not to mention that it proves lvl of dickpain for the franchise

Keep in mind: these people are rich af morons. That should be inspirational to morons and non-morons alike
That would be great but all they need to do is release one game. The TES VI teaser was released over four years ago! And that was after Skyrim had already been out for over six years! These retards have no business creating a 3rd IP.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Let's kill biggest mystery of gaming industry: Why big budget games are incresingly buggy, frequently delayed and non-innovative? Zero senior programmers who can cleverly code on board. Bunch of low cost, diversity, woke and "all I know is Creation Engine" oldtimer devs. 5-6-7 year development cycles and 11+ years gaps between installments in major multi billion $ worth franchise like Elder Scrolls are result of complete failure by management to set good course for the ship and complete failure of crew to spot icebergs

Not having spin-off RTS, grand-strategy, city-builder, isometric cRPG, dungeon crawler, action-adventure or even point&click adventure set in Elder Scrolls universe in parallel by all the micro-transaction ridden mobile crap they put out has left BILLION+ $ laying on the floor in span of last 11 years since Skyrim's release. Not to mention that it proves lvl of dickpain for the franchise

Keep in mind: these people are rich af morons. That should be inspirational to morons and non-morons alike
That would be great but all they need to do is release one game. The TES VI teaser was released over four years ago! And that was after Skyrim had already been out for over six years! These retards have no business creating a 3rd IP.
Much less an original one that isn't able to ride on the coattails of their predecessors

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Indeed:

endwfe.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Multiple award-winning composer Inon Zur, Composer on Starfield, brings his distinctive sound and style to Starfield’s soundtrack. Watch Zur as he plays the “Starfield Theme” from Bethesda Games Studios’ upcoming next generation role-playing game, Starfield.

Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC in 2023. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

Red7

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
that lqbt flag on the left tho... makes me wonder how many vaginas and trans fags that spend more time on haircut than coding is in their team. when wokepunk was developed i knew it will be garbage way before anyone else just by amount of female "employees" (that and that fat nigger who was talking how much he cares about lore while it weas clear he cares about polish gov funded triple big mac the most.)

here it likely means it will take more time to mod into usable state.

KateMicucci

Arcane

Multiple award-winning composer Inon Zur, Composer on Starfield, brings his distinctive sound and style to Starfield’s soundtrack. Watch Zur as he plays the “Starfield Theme” from Bethesda Games Studios’ upcoming next generation role-playing game, Starfield.

Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC in 2023. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

The theme is pretty meh.

Gameplay footage looks like a Fallout 4 mod, which I guess we should expect. Usual slighty-off Bethesda animations.

I wonder how the spaceship will work. Is it just going to be a travel hub that only "lands" in specific locations with a take-off cutscene when you use it? That would be best, because the other alternative means empty, randomly generated worlds.

Codex Year of the Donut
I wonder how the spaceship will work. Is it just going to be a travel hub that only "lands" in specific locations with a take-off cutscene when you use it? That would be best, because the other alternative means empty, randomly generated worlds.
they already showed footage of piloting in space + ship combat iirc

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected

Everything about that game screams painfully mediocre, even the main theme. Skyrim wasn't an awesome game or something, but at least it had a cool Fus Ro Dah music with rehashed Morrowind theme.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Not meh at all. I loved it. :salute:

Ulysa

Scholar
I just remembered why I played F4 with an alternative soundtrack mod.

This theme is sleep inducing and only makes me think that Bioware did at least something good with Mass Effect.

Oh fuck, just to think of Soule's TES OSTs. WTF.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
If any of you buy this I hate you - you are Decline Enablers and should be lined up in the street and shot. This has been a post.

Start to stock some 7.62 NATO calibers then my friend. Fallout 4 thread has 6,986 entries; Skyrim modding thread has 6,092 entries. Either Todd Howard has a natural 18 Charisma + CHA buffing items; or people have a fetish on bad video games.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Bethesda games are shit but it's hard not to play them in the vain hope that some day they'll accidentally release a good one

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Nah it's not that hard to ignore them since most of the time you spend playing them is modding them anyway.

Gargaune

Magister
In light of the new commandments by our lord and savior, here is your daily reminder that Todd has literally never lied in his whole life.
Todd Howard is an executive. He delegates all his lying to Pete Hines.
Todd does not lie, neither personally nor by proxy. It's not his fault we all mistook "it just works" to mean "it works hassle-free" instead of what he really meant - "it barely works."

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If any of you buy this I hate you - you are Decline Enablers and should be lined up in the street and shot. This has been a post.
Start to stock some 7.62 NATO calibers then my friend. Fallout 4 thread has 6,986 entries; Skyrim modding thread has 6,092 entries. Either Todd Howard has a natural 18 Charisma + CHA buffing items; or people have a fetish on bad video games.
Todd-Howard-same-game.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom