Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Lemming42

Arcane
Oh CHRIST I can't decide whether or not to start a playthrough now or wait for Shittered Space to actually release, because knowing Bethesda, the DLC itself will fix and overhaul half of the base game's systems.

Gargaune

Arcane
Oh CHRIST I can't decide whether or not to start a playthrough now or wait for Shittered Space to actually release, because knowing Bethesda, the DLC itself will fix and overhaul half of the base game's systems.
I'm not sure what Bethesda you know, but the ones I'm familiar with ain't in the business of fixing things. They might change things, they sure as hell break loads of things, but fixing, eh... not so much. And it makes sense, if they started fixing things, what would be left for the player to do?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's critical that I play the most up-to-date, most recently broken version.
I wish I waited a month for the rover update because hopping all over those stupid planets on foot was beyond retarded. IMO the rover update is the most critical they've ever released.

Got another two major complaints - constant loading screens and 60% of the game content being totally optional (translation: fucking pointless) - and I can't see how could they fix those without scrapping the game and starting from scratch.

If I were you I'd jump into it rn. My best guess is the DLC is just a glorified side quest.

Lemming42

Arcane
This post from a few pages back is the one thing giving me pause:
Alleged leaker says dice-roll combat is returning from Morrowind but via weapon modes like setting phasers to stun and all NPCs after Shattered Space will be killable again in addition to romancing any NPC
Which is almost definitely bullshit but I'd feel like a complete dipshit if I did a full playthrough only to have such huge changes introduced right as I reach the endgame.

jon-tron-i-have-several-questions.gif

Caim

Arcane
So if you run into an NPC they just go ragdolling like they got hit with a shield charge?

Because that's more than what I expected from Bethesda.

Lemming42

Arcane
It's hugely variable, sometimes they get knocked over, sometimes they just drop to the ground as if shot, sometimes your buggy makes a loud slamming sound and takes the brunt of the hit, flying into the air while the NPC remains standing upright.

ind33d

Learned
Something interesting is that now whenever a sci-fi property comes out, modders can just cannibalize its ideas for Starfield mods. The user interface and spaceship design from Concord would be good in SF. User interface can't be trademarked, right?

Losus4

Educated
Bethesda have no idea whatsoever why people like their games. People want more interactivity, mechanics and life sim elements in order to create their own narratives using all the systems the game offers. That trailer basically offers none of that, but just another storyline that will play out in the same script-heavy questlines in all their other games.

FrostRaven

Literate
A new planet with decent old style content can't save procedural slop with too few different encounter types, quest hooks and "dungeons" to explore. Yeah, it's gonna be good having finally a decent questing area, but 75% of the time you will be bored of doing the same areas with the same enemies in the same exact position with the same environmental loot.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Lol. Unless this things gets modded to hell, Skyrim style, it seems absolutely worthless
Unless someone borrows the engine from Star Scammizen and takes about 20 years to remake the entire game into a seamless universe... it's not gonna be like Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom