Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Koplin

Educated
Lyric Suite said:
Koplin said:
Looks like they are getting a ton on inspiration from Dead Space. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

No, that IS a bad thing. Burning Bridges is right. Why does every sci-fi has to be about horror this days? Still, those visuals are truly beautiful :graphic whore:

From what I've read, this doesn't seem like a horror game. I believe the description was 'survival sci-fi drama'. Perhaps the setting, and a few blood stains makes it look like a horror-but in the 'science gone amok' setting, blood stains and creepy breathing aren't necessarily out of place.

I suppose being an indie game, they have the opportunity to not follow cliche'd plots. Lets hope they use that opportunity!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Koplin said:
There is a new screenshot posted on the blog. Looks like they are getting a ton on inspiration from Dead Space. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Not really. This game is not Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed. Enter room, get ambushed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I saw Dead Space 2 at a friends house a couple of days ago. When i saw that the game tells you where to go with a light trail i went on a rant against modern games and why they are so shitty. My friend hasn't called me since.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be fair, Dead Space 1 has a quest compass, BUT it does not show up unless you press the quest compass button.

Koplin

Educated
Jaesun said:
Koplin said:
There is a new screenshot posted on the blog. Looks like they are getting a ton on inspiration from Dead Space. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Not really. This game is not Enter room, get ambushed.

I was more talking about the design of the game-not the game play. Obviously, this being an adventure game the focus will be (should be?) more on story than action.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
DraQ said:
Jaesun said:
To be fair, Dead Space 1 has a quest compass, BUT it does not show up unless you press the quest compass button.
Quest compass justified by the setting is much easier to stomach than the one that isn't.

Don't you two be embracing the decline now! It starts with 'to be fair' and 'easier to stomach' and ends in genuine appreciation of health regen and Dragon Age 2 combat!

Koplin

Educated
GL-RTS-Platform.jpg

Fap fap.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
My goodness. It looks absolutely stunning. If I wasn't completely broke at the moment, I think I'd donate some money to that guy. Never thought I'd see such beautiful graphics ever again :salute: .

Now let's just hope that gameplay goes on a par with eye-candy.

Koplin

Educated
barker_s said:
My goodness. It looks absolutely stunning. If I wasn't completely broke at the moment, I think I'd donate some money to that guy. Never thought I'd see such beautiful graphics ever again :salute: .

Now let's just hope that gameplay goes on a par with eye-candy.

Ive tooked for a kickstarter page, but seems this is going the completely self funded route.

The gameplay videos seems that this plays as a straight adventure game (move, use, look at, etc), with combinations of inventory objects. There is one video which shows the main guy filling a found bottle with water.

I suppose it comes down to awesome puzzles, and a cool story-which while we obviously cant comment on the quality of the puzzles, the story really seems fantastically interesting!

I cant imagine someone going through all this trouble though, and producing boring/illogical puzzles.

Koplin

Educated
I think thats what Im looking forward to the most...the feel of an RPG with the gameplay of an AG.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently it will be finally released this year.

First 5 minutes of gameplay:

Trailer:

I'm DEFINITELY getting this! :bounce:

Nattvardsvin

Learned
From what I've heard, the VA so far seems pretty decent. It doesn't seem to be anything terrible.
Everything else just seems fine and dandy. Going to keep my eye on this.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
The visuals are brilliant, here's hoping that the rest of the game will reach the same levels of awesome.
:bounce:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pyke said:
dont want to get too heavily into some of the more awesome game mechanics, but....

There are 2 types of Injuries currently in STASIS. 1 kind is an escape from a 'near death' experience. It doesn't slow you down at all, but you have a limited amount of these before you WILL die. For example, sticking your finger in an electrical outlet will cause damage. These will either recharge over time, or require some form of medical treatment to get 'back' to 100%.
The system is currently set up, but needs tweaking, which will happen with the beta testing period. There are certain degrees of injury that will negate these smaller injuries (climbing into a meat grinder for example).

The second type is the story specific ones. I don't want to give too much away, but lets just say John is going to be HURT. A LOT. He is going to go through MAJOR physical trauma in the game. You know that scene in The Dig, where you have to lop off a hand? Yeah... that's got nothing on poor Maracheck. ;)

Interesting.......

Oh man! Could be great as an adventure, but it could be truly glorious as an rpg... :smug: Ah, maybe some day, I can dream... ;)

Anyway, can it be preordered and where, and how much do they ask? It looks superb!

Can't believe I didn't notice it earlier, as it reminds me of like a sci-fi Sanitarium like game, and Sanitarium is one of my favorite adventure games!

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is one of the best-looking games I've ever seen, holy shit! I really hope the gameplay's up to par, 'cause I really want to try this out.

kaizoku

Arcane
I don't think I ever posted on this thread, but this is definitely one of the games I'm mostly looking forward to. I even posted on his blog a couple of times some months ago.
But we just have to be patient, after all this is one man's job.

Maybe I'm expecting too much... but the thought of a sci-fi Sanitarium... [homer]gahhhh[/homer]. Do want!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom