Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
AWSUM

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Sewer2.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'd prefer alligators.

...mutated alligators...

...mutated, bionic alligators... yeah that's it.

Listen to your backers !

:outrage:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Why would there be mutated alligators on a space ship?
Huh ? Do you even have to ask ? Because they're awesome.

Make that mutated, bionic alligator-men with machetes. I'm on a roll.

And if you really want a lore-friendly answer mr.serious, they are escaped experiments from the biomechanical research division of the facility. And before you ask why would someone make such a creature, I say to you... why the hell not ?!
I'm definitely on a roll.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Alligators on a space ship? That would be like taking snakes on a plane one step ahead!

I'm sold. Plz listen to your backers right now.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Just wanted to let you guys know that this little conversation inspired a pretty damned cool part in the game. I started it last night and just finished it up. Ill let you know WHICH part when the game is released....but yeah - my brother even asked if we are perhaps pushing the envelope a little with this scene... :D

No alligators though.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Two of the most worthy 'name drops' in his portfolio are Konami and most recently Irrational with work on Bioshock Infinite. Honestly, while his portfolio did peak our interest it was more the sample writing from the short 'test' we gave him that really won us over.

I would love to expand to an additional 1 or 2 writers in the future (to get a different flavour and feel for the writing of different characters), but currently the work that we have received is top notch!

I am still doing all of the dialogue in the game and most of the heavily 'story specific' writing, with him taking up much of the additional 'world building'. Its a very new experience for me to open up elements of the game to someone else, but so far I'm quite pleased with the results!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'd really be interested how you do the "character walks through water" model in the game - is it an entire different character model or do you use some shader that makes half the body "disappear"?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Its an entirely different model...you'll notice his hands move to holding above the water. In motion there are also some neat things like when he opens his inventory he takes it out differently and little splashes of water fall off of it.

The water costume only has 8 directions (normal one has 16), and has less frames because I don't have to swing 2 legs and arms back and forth - so it works out quite well! I think that the entire walking and idling batch has as many frames as 2 idling directions of the normal animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom