Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

lightbane

Arcane
Well damn, I better hurry up and finish Beautiful Desolation, as the Brothers have not stood idle.

In before brutal death animations and bittersweet ending/s.

lightbane

Arcane
Looks like the hyper-competent super-heroine protagonist of the 2nd game (CAYNE) didn't make it. Understandable. If she was that great while being pregnant, without a baby slowing her down her power-level would be too high for an adventure game. Unless the character here is the same, a bit hard to tell.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Looks like the hyper-competent super-heroine protagonist of the 2nd game (CAYNE) didn't make it. Understandable. If she was that great while being pregnant, without a baby slowing her down her power-level would be too high for an adventure game. Unless the character here is the same, a bit hard to tell.

Different character. We will show off more - but the game will have 3 playable characters working simultaneously together. Think Day Of The Tentacle - but with more blood.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Chris just promise you'll make all kinds of weird robotics sounds, machines, noices, I loved the ambience and feel of STASIS, it felt so right!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Chris just promise you'll make all kinds of weird robotics sounds, machines, noices, I loved the ambience and feel of STASIS, it felt so right!

The sound framework we are using is the one Nic wrote for Beautiful Desolation - and man, its SO cool. There is a BIG chunk of the game that we are gonna go balls to the wall crazy with the sound. Its actually one of the main reasons I wanted to do this specific story!

4r14dn3

Literate
Heya, Pyke, could you tell us if this will be kickstarted or crowdfunded?

agris

Arcane
Patron

The sound framework we are using is the one Nic wrote for Beautiful Desolation - and man, its SO cool. There is a BIG chunk of the game that we are gonna go balls to the wall crazy with the sound. Its actually one of the main reasons I wanted to do this specific story!

many chance of real 5.1+ support?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

many chance of real 5.1+ support?

Full surround sound is difficult with a 2D Isometric sound engine (cos its hard to determine what is 'behind' you, and what is 'in front' of you) - but the engine does do things like distance, panning sounds, 3D spacial sound - so the 5.1 would pick that up. Its actually a pretty good point... I must do some research into any top down/isometric games that have made 5.1 really work, and see how they did it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom