Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Status of actually promising (and once-promising) RPGs

Which game are you the most hyped for?

• Realms Beyond

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Sigil

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Space Wreck

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • Colony Ship

Votes: 59 60.8%
  • Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams)

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • KotC II / KotC II campaigns

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • KotOR remake/reboot/whatever

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Kenshi 2

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Cleve's games

Votes: 17 17.5%

• Total voters

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Realms Beyond - dead until further notice, may not ever see the light of day
Sigil (obscure Russian grimdark RPG) - working on a mobile game called Sheol set in the same universe to raise funds for the game
Space Wreck - looks great
Colony Ship - looking good
MechaJammer - looks good but who knows if final shape
KotC II - needs to be on GoG + have more campaigns
That KotOR remake? - Aspyr guys are doing it, but there's 0 info
Kenshi 2 - allegedly in development
Cleve's games - look like mobile games, high chance he will never make anything good again. Hopefully at least 1 of them will turn out good (but will probably have to wait 10 years)

So I'm guessing it's really between Colony Ship, Space Wreck, MechaJammer and Kenshi 2.

JarlFrank anything to add?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
tons of great games are on the horizon like Encased, Trudograd, Elex II, and Black Geyser.

Encased was never promising, it is an epitome of banal and boring.

Albeit good Trudograd is an expansion, it's like one third of a game.

Elex is a janky console ARPG, it doesn't belong with tactical isometric goodness.

Black Geyser is a meme and PoE clone (a clone of shit).

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

Yeah, it's a piece of shit.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some more suggestions here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-list-of-incline-2021-edition.136643/

rating_agenda.png

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Space Wreck is my #1 upcoming game from that list.
You can also add The Jovian System to the list, luj1. IIRC you're not a big fan of Titan Outpost due to its lack of combat, but the sequel introduces turn based combat in zero gravity, and it's already in development.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
From that list, KotC2 looks most promising. We need evidence of Realms Beyond and Cleve games coming out this decade before I can get hyped for them.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Damn, crpgs have it rough right now. There is not a single game on that list I would say I am 100% optimistic for, everything has a high potential to go before the dogs or is already dead. Others like Kenshi 2 will take a literal decade to finish.

I would add Expeditions Rome, since all Expeditions games are at least decent, although Vikings was arguably worse than Conquistador and Skald Against the Black Priory since I really want a modern take on the Ultima genes of the genre.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Could you imagine making this list a decade ago and not having Baldur's Gate 3 on the list?

If there was any clearer indication of a franchise going mainstream.

dacencora

Damn, crpgs have it rough right now. There is not a single game on that list I would say I am 100% optimistic for, everything has a high potential to go before the dogs or is already dead. Others like Kenshi 2 will take a literal decade to finish.

I would add Expeditions Rome, since all Expeditions games are at least decent, although Vikings was arguably worse than Conquistador and Skald Against the Black Priory since I really want a modern take on the Ultima genes of the genre.
Have you played KOTC2? Admittedly the Augury of Chaos module is just masochistic, but it’s a great tactical engine at the very least. I still believe in Pierre! KOTC1’s campaign was great, and I think Pierre will do it right with the next module. I’m not convinced that Augury of Chaos will ever be especially playable lol.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This thread is a reminder to never support Kickstarter games. Ever.

Eh, if you want to throw some money at things and don't expect to get a return, it's fine. Let us not forget that codex favorites such as Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Pathfinder are kickstarted.

I think of all crowdfunding as Patreon. Support devs you like because they cater to your specific fetishes RPGees.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Could you imagine making this list a decade ago and not having Baldur's Gate 3 on the list?

If there was any clearer indication of a franchise going mainstream.
The Baldur's Gate franchise has always been mainstream.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom