Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Steam Approval at 69.999%, Be The Legendary Codexian Who Defeated The SJW Horde

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by Cleveland Mark Blakemore, Apr 22, 2020.

1. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    How is asking people who bought the game to leave it a review any different than the games that nag me to leave a review when I open them?

• Agree x 6
    • Disagree x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • what? x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The difference is Cleve is staging a positive review request in Steam spesifically to increase its rating in Steam.

There is a wide difference between:

"Hey gimme honest review of the game in the game page. Would be useful feedback for us, the dev"

and

"HEY GUYS, WE ARE GOING TO REACH VERY POSITIVE SOON. GIVE ME YOUR POSITIVE REVIEW SO WE CAN DEFEAT SJW HORDE (Read: So my game get better reviews score and get better exposure on Steam)"

But I digress. I am just giving Cleve advice to avoid his game getting in trouble. If it is you or any other guy posting this but Cleve I wouldn't bat an eye because it is not a grey area. But if you think this is fine then this fine, not really my fight either way.

• butthurt x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • No x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    his honesty is refreshing.
    would you prefer sponsored videos and click bait articles?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Gunnar Savant

Gunnar
    You should release an enhanced/remastered/definitive edition so you can start over with the reviews.

• Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    I suggest the OP to change the text of this thread to something like

"please, buy an leave a HONEST review of my game, more honest reviews means that the reviewbomb that my game received will lose importance"

Not because someone here would report you to steam, but the same guys that organized a reviewbomb can do it.

My POSITIVE review where 16 people considered helpful https://steamcommunity.com/id/Arquero_del_infierno/recommended/650670?snr=1_5_9__402

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Indeed, I am stupid, aren't I?

But when an outsider is judging whether something (staging good reviews) actually happen or not, these small things make differences between your defense holding or not.

But as I said, I digress. I doubt Grimoire garner enough attention to make a controversy (or to make people trying to dig skeletons about it) so it might be fine. Besides my off comment regarding conservatives double standard, my initial comment here was to chime in that trying to stage a good review is not really a good idea.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    IF YOU SNITCH ON CLEVE I WILL FIND YOU

THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU GET ALL SMARMY AND SNIDE AGAINST THE GOLDEN BABY OF INCLINE

GRIMOIRE IS BIGGER THAN YOU, IT'S BIGGER THAN ALL OF YOU, LEARN YOUR PLACE HAHAHAHAHA

• Salute x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    No, but I'd rather he didn't run the risk of having the game taken out of STEAM.

Let's not kid ourselves, STEAM is extremely susceptible to "SJW groups", as you guys might describe them here. If Cleve is really being targeted by a "conspiracy" or something, this topic may be all they need to make a complaint there. And STEAM, which despite having a "hands off" posture in most cases, has already bent the external pressure before. It wouldn't be the first game they'd take out of their catalog. But hey, if that's a risk Cleve wants to take, I'm not the one to complain. I already have the game, so it doesn't make that much difference to me. And he can always sell his game directly from inside his bunker with his own server.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    ^ Top  
  9. HarveyBirdman Savant

HarveyBirdman
    You ought to hope for just enough negative reviews to come in at 69% flat, and then meticulously shave new reviews so that it stays there forever.
    Getting 69% is like a secret effect. Sure the stats may say a mere 69, but there's also a 100% kill rate under the hood.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    You're a funny guy, do you really think : "give us a honest review means a HONEST review ?" They just want a positive review to increase their sales and it's quite natural, wouldn't you if it was your game ?

Same for the devs thanking the trashy negative reviews, they're not saying "thank you", they're actually saying : " Shut the fuck up and fuck off you fucking moron!"

I know i used that tactic at work a couple of time when for some reason i could keep my cool in front of a guy so furious i was expecting him to explode.
    Usually, it makes him even more furious but you didn't do anything wrong, did you ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Funposter Arbiter

Funposter
    That's right.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    There is no difference between an honest review of Grimoire and a positive review of Grimoire.

• Brofist x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Salute x 3
    • Balanced x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Diggfinger Cipher

Diggfinger
    Duty is done:
    bought the game twice and reviewed on GOG/Steam :salute::salute:

Now just need to properly play the dangthing :oops::obviously:

Neanderthal burn-out is no joke, dear friends. This means Cleve has peaked into the Black Hole of the Universe and tasted the Magma of the Center of the Earth. His work ethics has literally driven his body-heat to near-combustion levels to bring us this masterpiece.
    We were nano-seconds away from the disaster below happening....long live Grimoire!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    I guarantee 2 of those negative reviews was definitely done by Zep Zepo and GandGolf

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Vityaz Scholar

Vityaz
    Yeah, sure why not. Can't say I care much about the dev and his antics, but the game itself was pretty enjoyable to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing more and if a review helps that, then so be it.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DarKPenguiN Arcane

DarKPenguiN
    Those dirty bastards.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    You are in for a long journey...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    Also, hit Grimoire (or grimoire) on steam and here's what you get : (It works with Heralds though)

[​IMG]

• Rage x 4
    • incline x 3
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Steam probably just predicts results based on the shit you play.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • nice nice x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Citizen Arcane

Citizen
    you're right lol

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    I don't think so, I wasn't even logged in (and in private firefox navigation mode), you probably have it on your search list because you already have it in your library or follow it.
    Meaning it doesn't appear when you need it too as in, you didn't buy it on steam already and do not follow it either.

Says the guy with Twitcher III in the background as recommendation ...

• butthurt x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. AdvancedHero Arbiter

AdvancedHero
    the witchur three hee hee hee

• decline decline x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • coof coof x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Steam keep recommending ni no kuni to me. And i have a total of ZERO similar jrpg's on steam... Unless you count Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma as one. Witcher is extremely popular on Poland and steam takes your country into account on recommendations.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    The STEAM recommendations largely use the TAGs that the games receive, both from the STEAM itself and from the community. It is not uncommon for you to receive completely unrelated game recommendations. If you don't like it, the ideal thing is for you to do is to use the blocking option of certain TAGs that it offers, this prevents you from seeing too much garbage. Otherwise:

"Oh, you played ATOM? This game has an "RPG" tag. I also see that you played Gothic 1, which has the "Open World" tag. I see, DOOM 2? You certainly like "first-person" games. I know! You're wanting to buy some BORDERLANDS 3!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. GandGolf Savant

GandGolf
    For that to be true I would have had to buy a copy from Steam, and they would get suspicious if I ask for a refund after just a few minutes.

• butthurt butthurt x 3
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.