Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Steam Approval at 69.999%, Be The Legendary Codexian Who Defeated The SJW Horde

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The STEAM recommendations largely use the TAGs that the games receive, both from the STEAM itself and from the community. It is not uncommon for you to receive completely unrelated game recommendations. If you don't like it, the ideal thing is for you to do is to use the blocking option of certain TAGs that it offers, this prevents you from seeing too much garbage. Otherwise:

"Oh, you played ATOM? This game has an "RPG" tag. I also see that you played Gothic 1, which has the "Open World" tag. I see, DOOM 2? You certainly like "first-person" games. I know! You're wanting to buy some BORDERLANDS 3!"

Yeah, Steam recommendations suck. Totally unworthy of such a big company as Valve in the current year. They should totally use a vector-based model. Users should be able to rate games 1-5, then you compute the distance between users' rating-vectors and extrapolate scores of unrated games from rating-vectors of your closest neighbours. This would also introduce a natural black-box notion of genre, as well as a cool friend-finding feature.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Checks his Steam recommendations.

Hehehe, wow, that's... okay... we'll just make sure nobody ever sees this.

Proceeds to eat monitor whole.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
GandDork should be held under containment as not to endanger the general public with his heavily mutated strain of oral gonorrhea

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Says the guy with Twitcher III in the background as recommendation ...

Steam keep recommending ni no kuni to me. And i have a total of ZERO similar jrpg's on steam... Unless you count Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma as one. Witcher is extremely popular on Poland and steam takes your country into account on recommendations.

Hate to tell you but both of those games are JRPG's.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I own it on GOG so why would i care what steam says? (Albeit i do have a steam account and games i can't get elsewhere unless i pirate them)

wasn't there a party blobber with lots of anime art and titties and shit. Even has a second game that was never finished. So many ripped off assets. God thats bad. Not sure how it plays.

Codex Year of the Donut

Steam keep recommending ni no kuni to me. And i have a total of ZERO similar jrpg's on steam... Unless you count Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma as one. Witcher is extremely popular on Poland and steam takes your country into account on recommendations.

Dork souls is as much of an RPG as Zelda games

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Dude you are a Bethesdafag that shovels shit in your mouth and thinks it is RPG goodness, so your opinion on what is a RPG is a bit pointless.

For one Zelda has no character progression whatsoever. I don't need to go further than that. Most JRPG's released today would not qualify as RPG's to the Codex Elite anyway.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Completely wrong. Link is Link regardless of player choice. The chosen undead can be anything. A Paladin, a Viking, a Sorcerer, a Pyromancer Pyromaniac, can choose to side with the Gods or the primordial serpents. Is just a ACTION ROLE PLAYING game. In the true meaning of ARPG, not a glorified barbie dressing / slot machine simulators(d3 for eg)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom