Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Steam Autumn Game Festival: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from October 7th to 13th

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Anshar Studios; Black Legend; Croteam; Fabled Lands; Gamedec; Prime Games; Room-C Games; Sleepy Sentry; Slitherine; Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Stirring Abyss; Tactical Adventures; Team ADOM; The Hand of Merlin; Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos; Warcave

Following the success of the Steam Game Festival in June, during which hundreds of demos for upcoming games were made available to the general public, Valve announced that they'd decided to make it a recurring event, with at least three additional festivals planned. The first of those events is the Steam Autumn Game Festival, which begins today and will last until October 13th. This time, familiar titles such as Solasta and Gamedec are joined by newcomers Black Legend (which got a new gameplay trailer today), Stirring Abyss (which we learned yesterday will be out on October 29th), and Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos.

According to the rules, any game participating in this festival will not be able to participate in the next two ones, so this might be the final appearance of some of these demos. As usual, there are various developer livestreams and Q&A sessions scheduled for the duration of the event, with details available on each game's Steam page. Enjoy!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    So, the demos are back in favor, big time. What a strange time to live in :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, Steam is getting thumbs up from me for doing its part in this.

• incline incline x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    There's also steady trickle of demos on GOG too.
    They released 3 new ones during last day or so; nothing RPG-ish, but still.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    Stirring abyss is def nice. Graphics catches interest and you are just curious what else there is to offer. Stopping my demo, I just want to wait for final product.

its actually big deal for gog. They dont offer refunds because you just didnt like the game, as such there are no try outs

^ Top  
  6. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Technically neither does Steam, but in practice they seem to approve almost all refund requests regardless of reason. I assume they don't think it's worth reviewing unless someone seems to be abusing the system.

Guess I will try the demo for this.

^ Top  
  7. Van-d-all Arbiter

Van-d-all
    More like demos became so fucking outlandish & rare, that the very fact of having them is worthy of a Steam event. 3rd in a row at that, even despite most of them being the exact same demos ever since. Sure it's nice to have them, but how did it became such a big deal is beyond me. Even more so, that they actually disable downloads for those demos in-between those events. I literally had to pirate the Ghostrunner demo last week just to see what the fuss was about. It's nuts.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    as far as i remember steam provides options during refunds like "didnt like it/title not for me/not what i expected".

^ Top  
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Steam explicitly states that reason for refunds does not constitute eligibility as long as you meet the time period and playtime requirements (or you show some signs of abusing the system, I guess). Providing reason is more of feedback to the game's developer and Steam.

^ Top  
  10. dawcio Learned

dawcio
    I love demos. I used to play them in the past. I'll check out the Ultimate ADOM for sure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I enjoy the fact others will play and report bugs hopefully. I'll wait. Adom looks a bit weird to me. Fabled lands combat icons and overmap party icon looks a little stiff and like a flash game animation. The background looks nice though.

^ Top  
  12. Marcello Barely Literate

Marcello
    Black Legend doesn't look so bad and looking forward to Solasta. I tried also the Protagonist, it has an interesting combo system but it didn't convince me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020
    ^ Top  
  13. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Fallout's demo was probably the best demo ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    Ahhhh, the Fools. I remember the first time one of the leaders whipped out a minigun

• Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mordru Novice Patron

Mordru
    I was excited to play ADOM: Caverns of Chaos, so I downloaded the demo. Went to the character screen and the first choice is a they/them non-binary elf.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Rage Rage x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Fucking pronouns, making the life even harder for non-native english speakers like myself. When I read "they pursue", I'm wondering which people is this talking about, because in my mind "they" is a plural pronoun, meaning several people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    There's also "tentacled" as a gender-option.

• incline incline x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They also seem to have removed diagonal movement?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13
    Solasta seems like it's going to be pretty good. Did anyone try the demo for Gamedec?

^ Top  
  21. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    last time i tried, demo was timed which is rly odd choice for text heavy game. Its good though

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Fenix Prophet Vatnik

Fenix
    For the reason of this supporting transgenderism bullshit in ADOM, which I have notuiced like year ago, where there was video with new ADOM gmeplay, I won't touch it ever, and for sure won't paid for it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.