Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Steam Game Festival, Autumn Edition: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from October 7th to 13th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Anshar Studios; Black Legend; Croteam; Fabled Lands; Gamedec; Prime Games; Room-C Games; Sleepy Sentry; Slitherine; Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Steam Next Fest; Stirring Abyss; Tactical Adventures; Team ADOM; The Hand of Merlin; Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos; Warcave

Following the success of the Steam Game Festival in June, during which hundreds of demos for upcoming games were made available to the general public, Valve announced that they'd decided to make it a recurring event, with at least three additional festivals planned. The first of those events is the Steam Autumn Game Festival, which begins today and will last until October 13th. This time, familiar titles such as Solasta and Gamedec are joined by newcomers Black Legend (which got a new gameplay trailer today), Stirring Abyss (which we learned yesterday will be out on October 29th), and Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos.

According to the rules, any game participating in this festival will not be able to participate in the next two ones, so this might be the final appearance of some of these demos. As usual, there are various developer livestreams and Q&A sessions scheduled for the duration of the event, with details available on each game's Steam page. Enjoy!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
its actually big deal for gog. They dont offer refunds because you just didnt like the game, as such there are no try outs
Technically neither does Steam, but in practice they seem to approve almost all refund requests regardless of reason. I assume they don't think it's worth reviewing unless someone seems to be abusing the system.

Stirring abyss is def nice.
Guess I will try the demo for this.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
So, the demos are back in favor, big time. What a strange time to live in :)
More like demos became so fucking outlandish & rare, that the very fact of having them is worthy of a Steam event. 3rd in a row at that, even despite most of them being the exact same demos ever since. Sure it's nice to have them, but how did it became such a big deal is beyond me. Even more so, that they actually disable downloads for those demos in-between those events. I literally had to pirate the Ghostrunner demo last week just to see what the fuss was about. It's nuts.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam explicitly states that reason for refunds does not constitute eligibility as long as you meet the time period and playtime requirements (or you show some signs of abusing the system, I guess). Providing reason is more of feedback to the game's developer and Steam.

Farewell into the night

I love demos. I used to play them in the past. I'll check out the Ultimate ADOM for sure.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I enjoy the fact others will play and report bugs hopefully. I'll wait. Adom looks a bit weird to me. Fabled lands combat icons and overmap party icon looks a little stiff and like a flash game animation. The background looks nice though.

Marcello

Barely Literate
Black Legend doesn't look so bad and looking forward to Solasta. I tried also the Protagonist, it has an interesting combo system but it didn't convince me.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyDeadman

I was excited to play ADOM: Caverns of Chaos, so I downloaded the demo. Went to the character screen and the first choice is a they/them non-binary elf.
yaRAOrg.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was excited to play ADOM: Caverns of Chaos, so I downloaded the demo. Went to the character screen and the first choice is a they/them non-binary elf.
yaRAOrg.png
"Strong of will they single mindedly pursue the agents of Chaos."
Fucking pronouns, making the life even harder for non-native english speakers like myself. When I read "they pursue", I'm wondering which people is this talking about, because in my mind "they" is a plural pronoun, meaning several people.

JDR13

Arcane
Solasta seems like it's going to be pretty good. Did anyone try the demo for Gamedec?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
For the reason of this supporting transgenderism bullshit in ADOM, which I have notuiced like year ago, where there was video with new ADOM gmeplay, I won't touch it ever, and for sure won't paid for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom