Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Steam curators

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Atelier Rorona?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
well, didn't take long for the list to be ruined with dao and warband.
still my reviews are better than your crappy copypasta.
do you believe that dao and warband should be on a list of supposedly hardcore oldschoolish non-popamole rpgs?
no, I don't.
the criteria for what games to recommend were not established until now. I thought it would be cool to have our top 70 in there, but I guess it wasn't.
I think all the games on our top 70 list should be there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nah. I have decreed - no post-NWN Bioware stuff or post-Morrowind Bethesda stuff.

It's not that I necessarily think those games are the SPAWN OF SATAN, but I think ignoring them is part of our image. Remember, these games are showing up in people's recommended purchases lists. Let's focus on showing them stuff they might not know about.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
well, didn't take long for the list to be ruined with dao and warband.
still my reviews are better than your crappy copypasta.
do you believe that dao and warband should be on a list of supposedly hardcore oldschoolish non-popamole rpgs?
no, I don't.
the criteria for what games to recommend were not established until now. I thought it would be cool to have our top 70 in there, but I guess it wasn't.

i think we should stick to the hard core old school stuff

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
so no fnv, no gothics, no risen, no vtm bloodlines, no morrowind, technically no system shock 2, and dos could be argued both for and against.... i think it might be better to really just parse the top rpgs list, even if it has shit like dao on it, and then include notables like elminage or underrail....

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just make it all turn-based, problem solved (thus we can include D:OS and Wasetland 2) and ignore ALL of the BioWare/Betheda/CDProjekt action game faggotry.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nah. I have decreed - no post-NWN Bioware stuff or post-Morrowind Bethesda stuff.

It's not that I necessarily think those games are the SPAWN OF SATAN, but I think ignoring them is part of our image. Remember, these games are showing up in people's recommended purchases lists. Let's focus on showing them stuff they might not know about.
Well I thought if the list is supposed to represent us, it should have the games that the readers actually voted for rather than some ideal image that was probably never true anyways. I mean really the only game should be Fallout 1 if we want to project an image.

If the idea is to introduce people to games they might not otherwise play or buy, then having comfortable games they're familiar with around them would probably work better.

Who decides what's hardkor auldskul? Underrail and AoD are not old by any means, but I doubt anyone has a problem them being included. Plenty of the games are not difficult at all.

It just seems like we're trying to hide who we really are. Sorry that plenty of posters think DA:O is a good RPG, but this is the forum we have.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think you guys are making this seem harder than it actually is. The Codex Consensus(tm) really isn't that hard to identify and enunciate.

Furthermore, there are currently still plenty of games left of which there is no doubt that they belong on the list, so go curate those before worrying about Dragon Age and the Witcher.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This was such a terrible idea. I'm glad it was made.

What's the matter? It's just a silly list that appears on your Steam front page if you follow the group. The Codex will argue about anything, but it's not like we're ruining anything. You could also say Felipe's survey was a terrible idea.

Might as well see some good RPGs on your front page instead of stuff recommended to you by Total Biscuit or Valve's dumb algorithm.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think you guys are making this seem harder than it actually is. The Codex Consensus(tm) really isn't that hard to identify and enunciate.

Furthermore, there are currently still plenty of games left of which there is no doubt that they belong on the list, so go curate those before worrying about Dragon Age and the Witcher.

I see you're still up to your old schemes of trying to dictate what the codex is allowed to like and dislike. The codex top 70 is a better indicator of what the codex likes than your prejudices.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
The Codex will argue about anything

My point exactly, expect a 40 pages thread about what should or shouldn't be on the RPG Codex steam list.

You could also say Felipe's survey was a terrible idea.

Uh, no? How can you even compare a list where everyone had the right to vote to another one where only a few people (with very different tastes) have the right to choose what should be there.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just make it all turn-based, problem solved (thus we can include D:OS and Wasetland 2) and ignore ALL of the BioWare/Betheda/CDProjekt action game faggotry.
works for me, as long as we actually decide on something...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
probably won't be any bioware games on the list.
the only good ones are offered as enhanced editions and I can't recommend those. the original bgs are listed but not in the shop, so they're all buggy. so...
I guess it would be mass effect 2 if any game, but no way that gets a recommendation if da: o doesn't get one.

no problem not recommending cdprojects rolling-around-simulators-with-sex-cards.

morrowind is too fucking good to not recommend.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Curator doesn't have Deus Ex or Jagged Alliance 2. It is shit. :rpgcodex:

Also Baldur's Gate 2, Dark Souls, Kotor 2, Alpha Brotocol, Desu Ex: Hr, Divine Divinity...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I'm also okay with the Witcher games not being on the list for now.

Curator doesn't have Deus Ex or Jagged Alliance 2. It is shit. :rpgcodex:

Also Baldur's Gate 2, Dark Souls, Kotor 2, Alpha Brotocol...

Yes, this also needs to be taken care of. Baldur's Gate 2 is there, though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom