Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Steam is (NO LONGER) charging for mods now lmao

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the shit, this for real?

Edit:

Another reason to move away from steam

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here we go:
Starting now with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Workshop is also a great place for community content creators to earn money by selling their greatest works.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...ion=readytouseitems&requiredflags[]=paiditems

Now, what happens when this gets extended to Shadowrun, Divinity and other RPGs with campaign creation tools
Can't you technically make quests in Skyrim?

Yeah. Might be harder to stand out there though, among all the cosmetic mods.

Some pioneering indie modder team needs to put together a good campaign for some RPG and prove there's a business model here. If that ever happens, it could make things very interesting.

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
No, it's going to be absolute shit. Further popamolization and dlc-ification of PC games. Decline, no other way to look at it. Stop trying to make everything look so positive, this isn't IGN.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Here we go:
Starting now with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Workshop is also a great place for community content creators to earn money by selling their greatest works.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...ion=readytouseitems&requiredflags[]=paiditems

Now, what happens when this gets extended to Shadowrun, Divinity and other RPGs with campaign creation tools
Can't you technically make quests in Skyrim?

Yeah. Might be harder to stand out there though, among all the cosmetic mods.

Some pioneering indie modder team needs to put together a good campaign for some RPG and prove there's a business model here. If that ever happens, it could make things very interesting.
You mean like the Nehrim guys? They're making one for Skyrim called Enderal, it checks every tickbox.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Don Peste

Arcane
Quickly, start downloading all your favourite mods! Soon you'll have to pay $0'99 for the Premium™ versions!!!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Lol, just saw "wet and cold" going for 4.99
Thanks gabeN, you fat fuck.
It and some other mods I looked at have "pay what you want price", 4.99 is the recommended price but you can pay as low as 0.92. I doubt that many will choose a set price for their mods.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
1401708580210.jpg

Instead of fixing some real issues with Steam like finally getting real Quality Control, they, Valve, are more concerned with coming up with new ways to squeeze us out of our money. If you didn't think the Steam library was already bad, it's only going to get worse. People are gonna throw a shitload of crap mods with small price tags in hopes that people will buiy at least a few of them so they can start making some money. This is gonna be Appstore 2.0.

Don Peste

Arcane
Remember how many hours you had to lose to gather, install and configure properly that thousand Skyrim mods? NEVERMIND! They're all paid mods now!

Khorne

Arbiter
Can't wait to see old mods repackaged by thieves so they can make a quick $

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
MWAHAHAHA! Now I can cash in on all you ungrateful little faggots and get a real reward.
Just kidding, pure :decline: of course. As a modder It would have been nice to be paid some fucking money for years of hard work and dedication bringing the incline, I'm not getting any richer here despite pouring untold hours into modding, but I still oppose the concept because modding is the only place I can confidently & consistently look to for incline these days as there is no business decisions to conflict with quality. Modding with the right people behind it is pure unhindered incline. Fuck...The gaming industry is run by a bunch of cunts.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom