Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steelrising - Soulslike from Spiders set in clockpunk 18th century France

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The last questions about modding were interesting. If they make tools that makes modding easier, that's a good thing.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Screenshot 2021-08-30 09.14.21.png

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I filled that they should forget their multiplayer plans and never bring them up again and i'm not interested at all in any multiplayer mode they might add.

Just FYI about a potential question and answer.

Codex Year of the Donut
that was an interesting survey, don't really think it's related to steelrising tho
I've liked all of Spiders games so far but steelrising doesn't interest me in the least from what I've seen tbh

Codex Year of the Donut
I filled that they should forget their multiplayer plans and never bring them up again and i'm not interested at all in any multiplayer mode they might add.

Just FYI about a potential question and answer.
I simply don't find multiplayer cRPGs to be fun. They're only good for murderhoboing.
I don't like being rushed in RPGs, I'll spend hours walking around town talking to every single person I can find, browse all the shops, explore all the public areas, etc., The few times I've tried to coop various RPGs it was a mess.

Some MMORPGs have had success in this but by going the other way: they detach the story part from the multiplayer part such that story parts become more of a natural singleplayer experience.

Tsubutai

Educated
Looks like someone basically said "so what if the clockwork mansion from Dishonored 2 was a whole game?", but Greedfall was passable so I guess I'll buy it at some point.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Spiders never blew my mind but never exactly disappointed either. All their games were p. good for what they were. We'll see.

Mauman

Learned
So, Dishonored the rpg?

That....doesn't sound horrible.

And I do like games that have a "sword and musket" kind of feel. Sci-fi "sword and musket" then?

Ok, yeah, this sounds interesting.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wish they would simply make an RPG set in the French revolution period instead of this "clockpunk" BS. Honestly I liked Mars Warlogs/Technomancer and bought Greedfall too, but this doesnt look interesting at all...

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, they're so few historical rpgs that one on the French revolution setting could be really be something special. I know it's considered to be a risky choice but the financial success of Kingdom Come (not to mention countless Assassin's Creed episodes) seem to prove that audience today is ready for such a game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yet another hippety-hop rolling simulator from Spiders?

How about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom