Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steelrising - Soulslike from Spiders set in clockpunk 18th century France

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steelrising.org

https://af.gog.com/game/steelrising?as=1649904300

A possible sequel to be announced in 5 days? They seem to be happy with Greedfall.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/gre...-games-to-announce-new-title-at-nacon-connect

Edit: Teaser image that I missed.
Spiders-Games_07-02-20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverfish

Arbiter
We know the ultimate outcome, but not how everything went down. That could be a pretty decent premise for a side story in the Mars series.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We know the ultimate outcome, but not how everything went down. That could be a pretty decent premise for a side story in the Mars series.

First, they would have to abandon the characteristic Mars aesthetics from the previous games, because the cataclysm that destroyed much of the Solar System did not originate on Mars. The Red Planet was merely touched by it and the event still seriously damaged the whole civilization, reverting it centuries back in terms of knowledge and technology.

Second, prequel on Earth would be much more costly. Cities would have to be huge to be believable. Martian desert/postapo setting seems authentic with less effort.

Third, do we really need an explanation, what happened? Seems to me whatever solution devs come up with it won't be as attractive as a big unsolved Mystery.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
An image? How about an animation:

WTA: Earthblood and VTM: Swansong will be there too. Nacon the new RPG powerhouse.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Huh, missed this thread somehow. Doesn't look like any of their existing products.
Had trouble making sense of the image at first, pretty sure the chainmail part is a left arm and the rest will make sense. Looks like a weird blend of Technomancer/Greedfall/Bound by Flame's design TBH.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WTF?

More action focused than previous games.

Fucking crazy premise.

More vertical moment.

Robo-Paris-Action-Wtf is this shit game?

It still has side quests, unique items and gear.

But where was the gameplay?

RepHope

Savant
Greedfall felt like a significant improvement over previous games so hopefully this will continue that trend. I’m curious what their budget is going to be like now that they’re under Nacon though.

Readher

Savant

King Louis XVI's automata army is terrorising the citizens of Paris. Join the Revolution as Aegis, fight against this reign of terror and try to change the course of history!

MFW yet another game where you play as a rebel/revolutionary
1593283110041.jpg

wahrk

Learned
What is it with Spiders and these game titles? Do they use a random NOUN+ADJECTIVE generator or something?

JDR13

Arcane
It sounds like they're drifting towards more of an action title with this one. If that's the case, I doubt I'll be interested.

I'm already a little disappointed to begin with because I was hoping for another Mars sequel.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It sounds like they're drifting towards more of an action title with this one. If that's the case, I doubt I'll be interested.

I'm already a little disappointed to begin with because I was hoping for another Mars sequel.
What do you mean??? They have always done action RPGs? I doubt that it will be FPS,most likely something like greedfall. To be honest they are the most original dev in last decade or two. All of their games have unique setting or point of view. I have enjoyed all of their rpgs,fuck still remember "Faery: Legends of Avalon",really depressing game :(.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
They said in the stream that is more action focused than anything else they have done, with more fluid and vertical movement. I guess it will be like a character action game, combined with rpg elements.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They said in the stream that is more action focused than anything else they have done, with more fluid and vertical movement. I guess it will be like a character action game, combined with rpg elements.
Haven't watched the stream,will hold of me hype till there is more info. Tho i don't mind action if the game is interesting,the setting seems pretty unique and interesting. The french revolution with puppet robots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom