Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm using three mods now. Strongly recommend them.
  • "Flags: Emblems and Backgrounds" and "48 Empire Colors" for empire creation (many excellent emblem options there in particular)
  • "Separate Human Phenotypes" to remove non-whites from your empire (this one is unlikely to be removed)

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Colonisation is more of a space control. Tile blockers are a minor obstracle, borders is what matters. You get virtually all minerals from offworld mining facilities and a good chunk of research and energy. As ship production is not related to planet's mineral production and population, but solely to shipyard, planet's surface is used mostly for energy and research. I never had issues with colonisation because I planned which planets to colonise and future sector long before they appear.
Latest beta patch allow sectors to be sustainable, given you provide them with initial minerals and energy to maintain starting facilities.

There is a planet ledger that shows, among other things, the races that are at each planet. There is also a species ledger that easily shows at a glance what species you have in your empire and their preferences/traits. I agree that this games UI could use a lot of work. It doesn't present some information very well, and some important information isn't presented at all. But some of the complaints people are making in this thread are cases of just not knowing where things are in the UI.

If you scroll through every planet, yeah. Have fun going through a huge list.

The species ledger is useless in the situation I described, if you click on the "go to" button for a race in your empire it will point out the capital of the empire they came from. It effectively only works if you've full annexed a race.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
mEBEjMi.png

8455361.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Lambchop19, I wouldn't be surprised if they remove your mod too because that description is literally asking for a banhammer.
Firstly, that's not how you tag someone in a post. I wouldn't have noticed it at all if someone hadn't brofisted my old posts.

Secondly, no, it isn't asking for the ban hammer. The description may cause butthurt among snowflakes, but there is nothing in there that will actually cause or incite harm to anyone. There's not even any racism or sexism, but then again, you're the racism expert, not me.
I couldn't write a more aggressively baiting description if I tried.
You also couldn't figure out how to tag me despite your being a forum member for 8 years, so I'm not really surprised.
Considering that the guy who did the white people only mod also replaced the original description with a whole sermon of the retarded Eurabia shit
Why don't you prove that? Oh, right, you can't. Because it isn't true. He said two words - as a description of the mod - and Paradox said that was a political statement. Paradox also later waffled again and said that the ban was actually more to do with the comments than his description and they recently emailed the guy and said that now that he is moderating the comments, they are not going to bother him any more. However, if it was the comments, we why did they no simply contact the author and ask him to moderate it? Why did they not contact me?
and links to his youtube channel that apparently was nothing but conspiracy theory videos of the same.
His video of the mod was incidentally hosted on his channel. He didn't advertise his channel the way you are suggesting.

edit: btw, someone reuploaded my mod and got banned despite not having included any politics in the description.

Last edited by a moderator:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, your mod wasn't banned yet when I wrote that, just under review. And now it seems it is banned, so I don't know what you're raging about. I correctly predicted it. Hiding behind technicalities isn't going to help you, especially when the Steam Workshop rules and Pdox own rules are loosely written. I have nothing against you, so don't get personally butthurt because you've spent too much time on the Codex and forget how rest of the so-called civilized Internet works.

GSz6CMb.png

Seriously? You think that's just fine & dandy?

Newsflash - linking to a non-workshop download for a Steam-only game is probably also against their rules.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
How do you beat ancient empire if it just teleports around map ignoring all rules for movement including my battleships with FTL jammers and gets 1% victory points by destroying my little farms and raping my planets with gen engineered troops? (suddenly in the center of my empire 10 troop transports appear and 5 seconds later my planet is seized lol) I beat them in spehhs easily and already got most of their own techs but not sure how to proceed - just rush into their system and try and bait their fleets, or spam my 200 hp troops 3-4x numbers to their 600 hp murdering genocybers and try and invade their worlds too?
Second way (zerging their planets with my own troops) just seems incredibly boring.

Fucking space mongols :argh:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've found that Fallen Empires are best dealt by simply going on the offense with full force, they'll eventually come to try and drive you out of their home systems.

Also, Jump Drive is essentially Warp without travel time and a somewhat longer maximum distance per jump, so it can be predicted but yes it's a huge strategic advantage that makes trying to fight defensively (unless you just hole up in one system, but that's not much of an option more often than not) not much of an option. I suppose the only counter to its advantage would be very careful use of Wormhole jumps since that's the closest default equivalent to Jump Drive but you need to be very fast and perceptive to use this effectively (I think Jump Drive still shows a destination marker if you have sensor range to the destination system, like other FTL modes do) because Wormhole has limitations on fleet-per-jump.

My own experience with my UN campaign was that Fallen Empires will lay off you if you're either far enough or too strong (Federation counted in), and the key there is Federations because Fallen Empires do not into diplomacy they will be massively outnumbered if you have a strong posse and will simply be overpowered by the tide.

Is it just me or do all of the bird species in Stellaris have a cuntish look to them that begs to be purged off the face of the galaxy?

How do you beat ancient empire if it just teleports around map ignoring all rules for movement including my battleships with FTL jammers and gets 1% victory points by destroying my little farms and raping my planets with gen engineered troops? (suddenly in the center of my empire 10 troop transports appear and 5 seconds later my planet is seized lol) I beat them in spehhs easily and already got most of their own techs but not sure how to proceed - just rush into their system and try and bait their fleets, or spam my 200 hp troops 3-4x numbers to their 600 hp murdering genocybers and try and invade their worlds too?
Second way (zerging their planets with my own troops) just seems incredibly boring.

Fucking space mongols :argh:

In my experience the best option is to just be much stronger than them, at which point the AI gets scared and just hides on its homeworlds while you start eating up worlds.

Well, your mod wasn't banned yet when I wrote that, just under review.
Never saw it being under review. Only banned.
And now it seems it is banned
Look, Nostradamus, my point is that it wasn't violating any steam rules, hence not blatantly "asking for a ban" as you suggested. Also, you were telling lies about why the other guy got banned.

And my mod was banned the same time the other mod was. Or at least, it was banned when I noticed the other mod was banned.
I correctly predicted it.
I see no evidence of that. It was banned before you made the comment. You even just now linked to the screenshot I posted of it and right above that I had posted a screenshot of the message telling me it was banned.

Lambchop19 Did they remove your Mod too? Do you have a Screenshots of the Steam page?
Yeah, I can still take a screen cap now. I am blocked from editing it, so this is how it looked at the time of deletion:

ScnUxtl.png

GSz6CMb.png

Because not liking feminism = hate speech.[/QUOTE]
My post with the ban screenshot was on May 24, 2016.
Your "prediction" was on May 25, 2016.

6d4RuEl.jpg

Hiding behind technicalities isn't going to help you,
I'm not.
especially when the Steam Workshop rules and Pdox own rules are loosely written.
Right. So saying the mod is "asking for a ban" is ridiculous. There were no rules broken because there were no rules in place against it.

The steam rules state they can remove the mod for ANY reason they see fit. They removed it because they didn't like it. Case closed. It's not the same as freaking throwing rocks at the police, as you said, when your dumb ass knows it's against the law AND knows the police won't like it. If that were actually what I was doing, I would have named the mod "FUCK SWEDEN - THE ANTI-NIGGER MOD" and included an incitement to violence.
I have nothing against you, so don't get personally butthurt because you've spent too much time on the Codex and forget how rest of the so-called civilized Internet works.
And I have nothing personally against you either, but shut your talky hole and quit implying that I was asking for it like a white teen in Harlem wearing a skimpy dress, you victim blamer you.
Seriously? You think that's just fine & dandy?
Again, who does it hurt and how? And no, triggering doesn't count.

linking to a non-workshop download for a Steam-only game is probably also against their rules.
It isn't. Some people don't like using Steam's stupid subscription feature and some mods require more done to the base game files than the subscription feature can handle. Besides, if that were all that was wrong with my mod, I think they would have just removed the link and told me not to use it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Patch notes

##############################################################
######################## VERSION 1.1.0 #######################
##############################################################

###################
# Features
###################

* Strike Craft attack behavior was changed
* It is no longer necessary to control planets to demand them in war, but controlling planets that are set as wargoals now generates more warscore
* It is now possible to set a custom ruler/heir title for your custom empires
* It is now possible to write a biography for your custom empire
* Added an Influence reward for establishing communications, or conversely being contacted
* Collection of strategic resources on planet tiles is no longer suppressed by buildings
* Added settings for AI aggressiveness in the galaxy setup screen
* "Shipwright" mandate for democractic empires has been reworked
* Added resource reward to Raid on Smugglers event
* Individualist empires will no longer generate election candidates with slaver mandates, and Individualist Pops are less likely to vote for candidates with slaver mandates
* Slaver mandate no longer possible if slavery is outlawed
* It is now possible to set difficulty in multiplayer
* Symbols of Domination is now available for everyone
* Platypus species portrait and Paradox empire flag is now available for everyone

###################
# Balance
###################

# Technology
* Technology costs now increase by +10% per owned planet (up from +0%) and by +1% per Pop (down from +2%)
* Unlocking Spaceport technologies now makes you more likely to get research options for new reactor techs
* Spiritualists and Materialists now get tech progress towards Frequency Tuning for researching Space Whales

# Ethics
Fanatic Individualist
* Pops are now more unhappy in collectivist empires
* No longer have increased ethics divergence

Individualist
* Pops are now more unhappy in collectivist empires
* No longer have increased ethics divergence

Fanatic Xenophobe
* Rivalries now provide 50% more Influence

Xenophobe
* Rivalries now provide 25% more Influence

Fanatic Xenophile
* Alliance Influence cost reduced by 100%
* Maximum number of embassies increased by 2

Xenophile
* Alliance Influence cost reduced by 50%
* Maximum number of embassies increased by 1

Fanatic Militarist
* No longer gains additional Influence from rivalries
* No longer have an increased Influence cost for being in an Alliance

Militarist
* No longer gains additional Influence from rivalries
* No longer have an increased Influence cost for being in an Alliance

Fanatic Pacifist
* Pops are now more unhappy in militarist empires
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 30%

Pacifist
* Pops are now more unhappy in militarist empires
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 15%

# Components
* Strike Craft engagement range was significantly increased
* Strike Craft launch time reduced from 5 to 3 days
* Fighter movement speed increased from ~2 to 3.5
* Bomber movement speed increased from 1.5 to 3
* Chemical Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +10 to +5
* Ion Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +20 to +10
* Plasma Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +30 to +15
* Impulse Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +40 to +20

# Buildings
* Research Institute modifier to research speed reduced from +10% to +5%
* Colony Shelter modifier to ethics divergence reduced from +20% to +10%
* Empire Capital-Complex can now only be built on a capital world

# Government forms
Theocratic Republic
* Additional Core Planets reduced from +2 to +1

Transcendent Republic
* Additional Core Planets reduced from +4 to +2

# Traits
* Aggressive - fire rate bonus reduced from +20% to +10%
* Butcher - army damage bonus reduced from +20% to +10%
* Glory Seeker - army morale damage bonus reduced from +10% to +5%

# Modifiers
* Youthful Elite modifier effect on leader lifespan reduced from +50 to +25 years

###################
# AI
###################

# Misc.
* Computer-controlled Empires will start outlawing AI over time during a certain Crisis
* Increased negative opinion scaling for relative power of subjects
* AI will now colonize far away systems if COLONIZE_NON_ADJACENT define is enabled
* Fixed a bug where the AI would not use planetary edicts due to too small stockpile cap
* Empires that were previously controlled by a player (for example if said player drops in multiplayer) will now refrain from making any major changes to the country for a period of 10 years
* Fixed a bug where AI was modifying their species with bad traits, effectively giving them lots of traits
* Fixed a bug where military focused sectors would not build military stations
* Fixed an issue where the AI would not enslave any Pops

# Diplomacy
* AI will no longer accept a white peace when they are winning in warscore
* AI is now more open to trading access, migration rights and (for some personalities) research treaties
* Fixed a bug where AI would offer peace deals that gave allies' war goals to the player
* Fixed AI spamming the player with military access offers
* AI is now more aggressive against easily defeated targets

# Economy
* Fixed an issue where the AI would not disband ships even when running a heavy energy credit deficit

# Sector
* Respect Tile Resources setting will now prevent sector from building the wrong type of building for a tile regardless of special circumstances
* Improved the way sectors determine which resources the country needs when constructing buildings
* Fixed a bug where sector AI would move Pops back and forth
* Fixed budget issues that were preventing sectors from properly managing spaceports and construction ships

# Warfare
* Improved military tactics and handling of units
* Improved handling of military fleets vs. transport fleets
* AI now fights Crises
* Fixed issues where military fleets would not move
* AI should be better at trying to regain control of occupied planets
* AI should be better at trying to invade planets taken by ""AI uprisings"

###################
# User Interface
###################

* Diplomatic notifications and pop-ups have been improved
* End of combat UI has been improved
* Colony Ships now show which Pop it is carrying
* Localization of armor/shield penetration updated
* If a weapon has both shield penetration and a corresponding reduced damage to shields the two effects are replaced by a single line: "Ignores X% Shields"
* Habitability icons in galaxy map and systems view have been improved
* (BETA) Added a new experimental option for GUI-scaling in the options menu

###################
# User modding
###################

* Ported system for weights/triggers on songs from HoI4/EU4
* Fixed so that effect set_name can use localization system
* Moved Domination victory condition into defines
* Added NOR operator
* Species Appearance screen is now moddable
* Species City Appearance screen is now moddable
* Ship Appearance screen is now moddable
* Added num_energy trigger
* Reading a single on_action entry from multiple files will now append the events to the list entry rather than overwriting it. This should allow more mods to be compatible
* Prescripted countries can now set the attribute "disallow_editing = yes" to disable the edit button in the Empire selection view before game start
* Added an alert to tell the player that a research field is missing a Scientist

###################
# Performance
###################

* Optimized daily AI calculations
* Fixed frame rate drop when having one or more fleets selected

###################
# Graphics
###################
* Lighting for ship preview images has been improved
* 8 new event images added to the game
* Textures for Massive Reptilians have been improved
* Improved textures for space event assets
* Optimized textures for event assets
* Increased texture resolution for ancient drone station
* Optimized textures for pirate ships
* Updated textures for generic station
* Increased texture resolution for AI Core
* Optimized textures for AI ships
* Improved texture for Arthropoid colony ship
* Added cover art for Digital OST

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
* Military Station maintenance is now correctly discounted by 25% instead of increased by 75%
* Fixed negative opinion modifiers being applied to owners of planets that the Prethoryn Scourge is purging
* Extradimensional Invaders should no longer spawn inside Fallen Empire borders
* Reduced chance of generating the Improbable Orbit anomaly
* Fixed the Master's Teachings edicts "Philosophical Mindset" and "Warring States" not being applied after event project finished
* Fixed "Colonial Failure" anomaly event handing out a Colonization tech you already had
* Fixed an issue with the VO not triggering for the mining station tutorial mission
* Researched robot Pops are now always listed, but are not buildable if AI policy is set to Outlawed
* Injured Queen project is now properly cancelled and visual asset removed when another Empire researches it first
* Species Procurement event chain descriptions now correctly refer to planet names
* Various localization bugs have been fixed
* Fixed outdated Avian name list titles in Brazilian Portuguese, French, Polish and Spanish
* Fixed some faction events not printing planet names properly
* Loyalist-affiliated candidates now display proper faction names in Election view
* Fixed observation post events sometimes not printing planet name correctly
* Changed the way native reservations are placed for colony event related to colonizing planets that have primitive natives
* Fixed a bug where missiles could appear on the galaxy map
* Ring World habitability-trait now has proper localization
* Fixed a bug where Destroyer Assembly Yard didn't require the correct Spaceport level to build
* Fixed an issue where trait randomization didn't respect opposing traits
* Fallen Empires are now able to build armies
* Fixed an exploit where you could reduce the cost of resettlement by moving pops around on the same planet
* Newly enlightened countries should no longer be despicable neutrals
* Fixed right click not working to give additional orders while in FTL transit
* Fixed an issue where embassies and rivalries could remain after an empire was annexed
* Fixed an issue where you could always enable edicts
* Fixed Swarm Infestors and Constructors sometimes not reinforcing properly
* Robot Pops should no longer get shuffled ethics from divergence
* Heirs now keep the dynasty name of the ruler in monarchies
* Added missing localization strings for leaders who gained the arrested development trait
* Fixed Power Overwhelming achievement
* Fixed Domo Arigato achievement
* Fixed Elixir of Life anomaly potentially spawning multiple times if not researched
* Fixed Living Metal deposits not being minable
* Fixed Sublight Probe event chain sometimes breaking after combat with the Salvage Skippers
* Fixed being unable to change speed with (-) and (+) on American keyboard
* Fixed bugs related to Ethics Divergence. Pops should no longer drift to "neutral" ethics. Drift towards empire ethics is slower than drifting away from
* Fixed a bug where Frontier Outposts in sectors would cost no influence maintenance
* Fixed a bug where ship_accuracy_add was not being calculated correctly
* Fixed a bug where assigning ethics to newly generated pops would cause incorrect ethics divergence.
* Custom ruler and heir titles will now be properly saved and loaded.
* Fixed armies being stuck on planets
* Planets recaptured from the AI empire will no longer randomly become Tundra worlds
* Fixed the AI empire having highly self-destructive ideas about AI legality

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I have zero interested in "debating" you, Lambchop19 especially as nothing you say here will restore your mod or make either Valve nor Paradox change their policies. You're venting because you think your freedom of speech was infringed upon or something. I tried to be helpful in pointing out that if you write a mod description like that, in which you promote misogyny, homophobia and racism, and support a current-day political demagogue, you are asking for trouble. You know, in the case that you are an autistic sperglord who is alienated from reality and honestly cannot see why people might take offense - sufficiently for them to complain to the powers to be, who then proceeded to ban your account.

If you honestly think that you did nothing wrong and that your mod description was not offensive, you've spent too much time in GD and not enough in the real world.

I have zero interested in "debating" you
Good because you apparently suck at debating and it's kind of annoying that every time I catch you in a lie, you just ignore it and move on.
nothing you say here will restore your mod
So? My mod is still up on a number of other sites and if I wanted my mod restored on Steam, I wouldn't talk about it here, I'd just re-post it and moderate the comments "firmly" - as Paradox's latest line is that that is all it takes to keep such mods on Steam. (That's probably BS too though.)
You're venting because you think your freedom of speech was infringed upon or something.
Nah, maybe a bit when it was first banned, but right now I'm just disagreeing with your assertion that I was asking for it and refuting the lies you told about me and the other mod maker.
I tried to be helpful
Not really much help giving advice after the mod was already banned, but thanks.
you promote misogyny, homophobia and racism, and support a current-day political demagogue
More lies.

Nowhere in the mod or the description have I criticized a race or said that one race was superior to another. Nowhere in this mod or this description do I attack women - I merely criticize the prominence the game gives them, which is incongruent when compared to modern reality. Nowhere in the mod or the description do I say anything about homosexuals or promote the "fear" of them. Nowhere in the mod or the description do I support Trump, I merely include his name.

If you see a mod that's made for straight, white men and you automatically assume racism and sexism, then the real racist/sexist is you, heterophobe.
You know, in the case that you are an autistic sperglord who is alienated from reality and honestly cannot see why people might take offense
I know exactly why people would take offense. That's fine. They can be offended. I don't care.
sufficiently for them to complain to the powers to be
Paradox never said it was an issue of complaints. And just because someone complains, doesn't mean a mod will be taken down. The African race mod was complained about far more and yet is still up.
who then proceeded to ban your account.
Wrong again.

My account is fine. The mod was banned, and again, I could re-upload it if I wanted, but they will ban it again if I don't dedicate my every waking moment to policing it. Actually, even if I did, they would probably just ban it anyway eventually. The only reason they are being nice is because of the media coverage and all the backpedaling they've already had to do.
If you honestly think that you did nothing wrong and that your mod description was not offensive
Offensive is relative, but I understand what you are trying to say. My mod isn't politically correct. I don't care.

Again, it's not an issue with people being offended. People can and will be offended by anything. Every cute animal video on YouTube has at least a dozen morons crying animal abuse because the person filming the video did or didn't do something the way they wanted. Doesn't mean YouTube deletes the videos. And, again, other mods, like the Matriarchy mod and the African mod, have received tons of negative feedback and reports of sexism/racism and are still up.

The real issue has always been that Paradox didn't like the mod and was willing to censor it. Plain and simple. And that has a lot more to do with Paradox and their ideologies, fears and biases than me. I refuse to walk on eggshells just because some cuck might get triggered. If that means my mod gets banned and results in a ton of media coverage, so be it.

:troll:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You consider this a debate? Oh dear :D
Nah, maybe a bit when it was first banned, but right now I'm just disagreeing with your assertion that I was asking for it and refuting the lies you told about me and the other mod maker.
So the guy didn't link to his Youtube account? Or that his Youtube account didn't have Eurabia videos? Or that your mod description wasn't hostile and offensive? Oh lol.

Nowhere in the mod or the description have I criticized a race or said that one race was superior to another. Nowhere in this mod or this description do I attack women - I merely criticize the prominence the game gives them, which is incongruent when compared to modern reality. Nowhere in the mod or the description do I say anything about homosexuals or promote the "fear" of them. Nowhere in the mod or the description do I support Trump, I merely include his name.
See, again you go with this bullshit.

You claim that the fraction of countries that are run by women are done so "poorly". That is easily construed as misogynistic. You argue that PC games were used to be made for white, straight men, implying that such is the "correct" situation and any attempt to target other audiences is thus "feminism and progressivism shoved into all forms of media by their cultist adherents". That is easily both homophobic, racist and misogynistic. Because you're not being inclusive. You do support Trump by the simple act of using his name as the default leader name. Then you round it up with your aggressive "joke" about SJWs getting triggered. It's straight from a Lyric Suite rant-post. You could have avoided your mod getting banned by the simple act of not writing that stuff in there. That's why I used the riot police analogue. You were being overtly hostile to everyone who isn't a card carrying member of the Western Civilization Defence Squad, and their numbers outside of our GD and /pol/ and Stormfront are quite small.

If you see a mod that's made for straight, white men and you automatically assume racism and sexism, then the real racist/sexist is you, heterophobe.
But that's not what you wrote in your description. Your description is your wet fantasy of hitting back at the hated SJWs and their ilk.

Now take a deep breath and count to ten.

You consider this a debate?
Nope. You're the one who brought up the word.
So the guy didn't link to his Youtube account? Or that his Youtube account didn't have Eurabia videos? Or that your mod description wasn't hostile and offensive? Oh lol.
Wow, so now you're lying about what you said, Lyin' GarfunkeL? :lol:

Considering that the guy who did the white people only mod also replaced the original description with a whole sermon of the retarded Eurabia shit and links to his youtube channel

Again, no "sermon" on anything, the only link was to his video on the mod, which had nothing provocative in it and played without leaving Steam. Also, his description was unaltered from the time he originally uploaded it, save a note on version conflicts. Therefore, most of what you just said was lies.

And that's not even covering your other lies about "predicting" the ban, or about racism, sexism and homophobia.

You claim that the fraction of countries that are run by women are done so "poorly".
Yep. That's my opinion.
That is easily construed as misogynistic.
How you construe it is up to you. But misogyny is a hatred of women. I feel no hate toward women, so there's another lie.
You argue that PC games were used to be made for white, straight men
Which they were, largely. lol, marketing to a target demographic is so sexist. :roll:
implying that such is the "correct" situation
Eh? No, I didn't. I implied that I and the people who do miss that time might prefer games that are targeted toward them. Preference is not sexism.
and any attempt to target other audiences
Here's a bullshit strawman. Look, you don't see me complaining that Barbie's horse adventures is targeted at females, do you?
is thus "feminism and progressivism shoved into all forms of media by their cultist adherents".
No, it isn't necessarily. I was implying that in this case, it probably was. They didn't just make some of the leaders female, they made all of them female. It just annoyed me. I didn't have any proof that that was what they were doing, but it was my first thought and I saw others thinking it and were tired of this sort of crap in other games and media, so I put it in the description.

If you'll re-read it, you'll see I was building up to: "then this mod is for you". I was pre-qualifying my audience and telling everyone else that this was not the mod for them.
That is easily both homophobic, racist and misogynistic. Because you're not being inclusive.
:incloosive:

No, it isn't any of those things and I am under no obligation to be "inclusive".
You do support Trump by the simple act of using his name as the default leader name.
Satire.
MakeSpaceGreatAgain.jpg

Then you round it up with your aggressive "joke" about SJWs getting triggered.
Woah, watch out! I'm being "aggressive" with my jokes now.
You could have avoided your mod getting banned by the simple act of not writing that stuff in there.
I also could have avoided it by not making the mod.
That's why I used the riot police analogue.
Which, as I said, is an incorrect analogy. I was not breaking laws or attacking those in authority. I was, however, offending people. Sue me.
But that's not what you wrote in your description.
Eh?
Want your space game to feel like PC games used to - e.i., like they were designed for straight, white men?

Then this is the mod for you!
That's exactly what I wrote. That's also part of what you just criticized as sexist:
You argue that PC games were used to be made for white, straight men, implying that such is the "correct" situation and any attempt to target other audiences is thus "feminism and progressivism shoved into all forms of media by their cultist adherents". That is easily both homophobic, racist and misogynistic. Because you're not being inclusive.
You know, Lyin' GarfunkeL is worse than Lyin' Ted...wait a min...
Now take a deep breath and count to ten.

In fairness, that's pretty much what you should do with any game these days...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom