Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I see that you've learned your debating style at the school of VD. :D

Again, no "sermon" on anything, the only link was to his video on the mod, which had nothing provocative in it and played without leaving Steam. Also, his description was unaltered from the time he originally uploaded it, save a note on version conflicts. Therefore, most of what you just said was lies.
I was going on based on what was said in this thread and the Pdox forum posts that were quoted/linked to, also in this thread.

No, it isn't any of those things and I am under no obligation to be "inclusive".
I'm not taking sides here, which you seem unable to grasp, neither am I attacking you personally, which you seem to think I am doing. I tried to point out how a passive-aggressive description like yours will get people angry. You claimed that you don't want to walk on eggshells - that's fine but there is a line between that and wilfully acting like an asshole. You could have written:

This mod adds a new empire "human3" with a male default leader and uses only European names and white portraits.

See how easy it is? No need to blow your trumpet regarding your obsession of SJWs attacking your hobby or whatever other fantasy you've bought in.

But whatever, I give up - I thought you might have been just misunderstanding the issue and/or too young to realize how people (including any poor bastard that Pdox tasked with checking Workshop complaints) would react but it seems that no, you understand fully, you just want to be a dick about it. Or you have assburgers. In either case, it's futile to try to explain to you further. It's a shame to see a modder quit because of such petty thing, because Stellaris definitely could use more mods.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I see that you've learned your debating style at the school of VD. :D
So now you consider this a debate again. Oh, dear. :lol:
I was going on based on what was said in this thread and the Pdox forum posts that were quoted/linked to, also in this thread.
Not checking the facts yourself and repeating what you hear in the media with the rest of the mob. Nice. I've posted the real facts in this thread several times, including comments by the other author. Next time, before you accuse someone, listen to what they have to say.
I'm not taking sides here, which you seem unable to grasp, neither am I attacking you personally
Ok, so saying that I support racism, sexism and homophobia, while regurgitating Paradox talking points is totally not taking sides. Yeah, you're clearly Switzerland here - completely uninvolved.

Seriously? You type that and expect me to come back with, "Golly gee, GarfunkeL, I had no idea that I was being racist, sexist and homophobic. I really was asking for a ban. Thanks for telling me."? If anyone has assburgers here, it isn't me.
I tried to point out how a passive-aggressive description like yours will get people angry.
Gosh, had no idea it would do that.
This mod adds a new empire "human3" with a male default leader and uses only European names and white portraits.
Better yet, just include no description at all. Or just make no mod at all. "Just stay in line and keep your whore mouth shut, white boy."
See how easy it is?
Yep. Real easy to censor myself.

But screw that.

Look, even if I did everything you suggested, I would still be risking a ban. The other guy did everything you suggest - except for mentioning that there was no multiculturalism in his mod - and was still banned, according to Paradox, because of the comments other people made on his mod. Self-censorship isn't enough. He also had to censor other people. Only nowhere - in either Steams rules or the forum rules Paradox tried to link to as a justification - does it say to do that.
But whatever, I give up - I thought you might have been just misunderstanding the issue and/or too young to realize how people (including any poor bastard that Pdox tasked with checking Workshop complaints) would react but it seems that no, you understand fully, you just want to be a dick about it.
I knew how everyone could react to it. How many times do I have to say that before it sinks in?

I knew some people would be mad. I knew there was a chance I would be banned, but I also knew there was a chance that if I didn't cross the line into actual racism, sexism etc, (which I didn't) they would leave the mod up. I wasn't "asking for a ban", I was risking it - as I would have been regardless of what I wrote in the description. A mod with only white Europeans? You don't see how some SJW might want desperately to ban it no matter what the description says?

My thinking was that if they really hated it enough, they would remove it and expose themselves as pro-censorship and pro-political correctness at the cost of free speech, but if I censor myself out of fear, then they get off scot-free. I would still be censored, fewer people would download the mod because of the bland description, and Pardox would still ban it anyway using the comments or something as an excuse.

I chose to take the risk because I really had nothing to lose. I made the mod for myself anyway. I only shared it because I thought other people might want it. And they did.

It's not like the people who throw rocks at the police because, in that case, the laws are clearly defined and you are breaking them. There are no laws here. Only a bunch of people afraid to speak their minds because no one knows where the limits are or what they are.

It's more like the kid who points out that the emperor has no clothes while everyone else holds their tongue in silence. Maybe he will be arrested, or maybe everyone will burst out laughing at the fool emperor who would clothe himself in political correctness. Only one way to find out.
It's a shame to see a modder quit because of such petty thing, because Stellaris definitely could use more mods.
Who said I gave up because of this? Just bored with the game now. Make your own mods. It's easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beastro

Arcane
Interest in game tapers off, thread turns towards infighting.

So predicable.

Interest in game tapers off, thread turns towards infighting.

So predicable.
Eh, it's only been for the last page or so, and then only because the guy was spouting bullshit about the other mod creator and I.

Still, I have lost interest in the game. It's pretty basic. One or two playthroughs and you feel as if you're done with it.

Very moddable, but most modders are still doing simple things like adding more colors or flags. There are a few mods that do cool things like adding bigger and better classes of ships though.

Like the man said, wait for DLC - and the more complex mods that will probably come in time.

baturinsky

Arcane
Also, about Paradox and nazi mods. I don't know what else they expect from their fans. Seeing how all kind of supremacists and assholes on this forum flock to Paradox game topics.

Also, about Paradox and nazi mods.
Again, it wasn't a nazi mod. You could use it to play a space nazi if you were some kind of raycist tho. :M

Anyway, in a vain effort to get the thread back to the game itself, here is the mod I talked about earlier that lets you build larger classes of capital ships:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683230077
NEW SHIP CLASSES & MORE
This mod adds new ship classes to the game and makes a few other tweaks and additions as well. These changes affect all playable races in the game.

LATEST UPDATE: 06/02/2016
- Fixed the flight speed of Carriers, Dreadnoughts, and Flagships. They can now keep pace with the rest of the fleet.
- Russian translation added (Special Thanks to Cyber_Kotleta)

WHAT THIS MOD ADDS & CHANGES
- Battlecruiser - Larger version of the cruiser with the same stats as a cruiser but more weapons.
- Light Carrier - A cruiser-sized carrier featuring a 4-hangar central section.
- Carrier - Featuring an 8-hangar central section and a few extra weapons.
- Dreadnought - Massive ship with a huge weapons arsenal amd optional hangar section.
- Flagship - Largest ship type with very heavy weapons and armor and a very high cost (See below).
- Battle Fortress - A larger and more powerful version of the Fortress, for heavier enemy fleets.
- Advanced Zero Point Reactor - More power at double the cost of the regular zero point reactor.
- New research projects added for the Carrier, Dreadnought, and Flagship class ships.
- All military stations now include an optional 6-hangar section.
- All ships are scaled realistically.
- All strike craft squads now have 8 fighters each instead of 4.

LANGUAGES:
- English
- Russian (Special Thanks to Cyber_Kotleta)

THE FLAGSHIP
The Flagship is an extremely large ship featuring a massive weapons arsenal and some impressive bonuses, but it costs 3 Influence per month to maintain, takes 3 years to build (Spaceport modules do not decrease this time), and building more than one results in a Furious Population, in which all citizen happiness drops to 0% for as long as there is more than one Flagship in service. If the ship is destroyed, you will be able to build another one without penalty. The Flagship can be custom designed in the ship designer.

Flagship Bonuses: (The "Fleetwide" bonuses affect ALL ships operated by your empire.)

- Fleetwide armor increased by 10%
- Fleetwide weapon damage increased by 10%
- Fleetwide hitpoints increased by 10%
- Fleetwide shields increased by 10%
- Fleetwide fire rate increased by 10%
- Fleetwide repair rate increased by 10%
- Fleetwide sensor range increased by 50%
- Leaders gain experience 20% faster
- Population happiness increased by 10%
- Population war happiness increased by 30%

FILE CHANGES
This mod was designed on version 1.1.0. It changes the following files (other mods changing these files may be incompatible):

- common\component_templates\00_strike_craft.txt

Any mod that doesn't change these files should be fully compatible.

SPECIAL NOTES

The Dreadnought class features a much larger number of turrets, but because it is using the battleship model, the turrets "stack" on top of one another. Basically, you'll only see 1 turret per spot in the game, but there can be multiple turrets in the same spot and they can fire separately.

If you would like to translate this mod into another language, it will be added to the mod with appropriate credit.

The lack of new ships is one of the reasons the mid to late game is so boring. Most experienced players have all the ship types researched within the first 100 years. Frankly, even these additions aren't enough, but they do help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime Junta

I don't see a need for new ships. I don't even use destroyers, and only build Battleships for AOE bonuses.

That just means that they need to :balance: it better. If only corvettes and battleships are useful, then that's a problem and needs to change.

(That's the least of the game's problems with wars ATM though)

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
mEBEjMi.png

8455361.jpg

Is it just me or do all of the bird species in Stellaris have a cuntish look to them that begs to be purged off the face of the galaxy?

Definitely not just you. These fucking birds are so smug and mouthy.

3jfggfPHOCmbjlsJasOQy7W-eoNF8DwFKiyuVe6epJo.jpg

whatevername

Arcane
Is this worth spending money on at the moment or should I just not spend anything and keep playing my STELLAE IMPERIUM ROMANUM game of Aurora?
This game is like Warlords 2 in space with 3GB of GRAFIKZ, 23 years too late, and has much much worse combat, AI and mechanics than some 1985 games that fit into 42KB.

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
At this point in time Gaben is as worse as Notch. What he did to the PC gaming industry with uncontrolled/ auto greenlight might be the final nail in the coffin for non triple A games, if it continues like this. So fuck Gaben and his lazy ass and those fucking shity Mobas.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I wanted to ask for a quick synopsis of the nerd war extending in this thread: Is this game shit or not? Give reasons why.

Is this game shit or not?
Only thing that separates it from most alpha version games is stability. Wait until final release.

Give reasons why.
Look at the amount of mods in the workshop fixing even the most simple and obvious things. Then multiply that by kindergarten-level diplomacy, gameplay variety approaching zero, all races being completely symmetrical and AI that's a funny misnomer.

wjw

Augur
The game feels pretty empty. My main complaint is that I always forget the name of my neighbouring empires. And I never really care about what they do. (apart from small stuff, like accidentally spreading influence over a strategic resource that I wanted and ofcourse they neglect to mine it afterwards)

Prime Junta

I wanted to ask for a quick synopsis of the nerd war extending in this thread: Is this game shit or not? Give reasons why.

ATM... yeah kinda. Most of the "whys" are pretty easy to address though and I'm fairly certain they will be addressed:

* Combat is shit, and it gets worse as the game progresses. This is mostly due to the boneheaded UI, which makes it incredibly tedious to win battles tactically, so by the midgame you just build Stalin-style doomstacks and steamroll (or lose). F.ex. you can't bail out ships in a fleet one by one as they're getting beat up, which means that if you want to avoid attrition you have to treat ships individually, which means an unholy amount of micro.
* Nothing much happens in the midgame. It's just tedious and repetitive mechanical clicking on things to optimise production.
* Technology and ship types are seriously out of balance. ATM the best strategy is to build a big-ass battleship to soak damage and do point defence, and then clouds and clouds of disposable corvettes to do the actual fighting. The intermediate ship types are kind of useless.
* Way too few ship types. It doesn't take long to get to battleships, and then it's just upgrading each slot from level I to II to III to IV to V.

The game has a lot of interesting systems underneath to play with, but it will take a fair few iterations to get the game rich and balanced enough for them to come into their own. There are lots of fun early-game event series, the exploration is pretty cool, and the endgame crises are fairly neat. Give it a year or two and it'll be a fine game. But right now... eh, not really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom