Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Ravielsk

Magister
Look, you can't just have a big overlord AI empire like that. It might be unbalanced in multiplayer.
honkhonk.png
The retarded policy of prioritizing multiplayer over singleplayer in grand strategy games is retarded. If it's uNbAlAnCeD, then just fucking set house rules for your MP games. But no, Paradox has to do even fucking bug (& feature) testing with MP in mind.

It feels like they're making games for themselves and not anyone else.
Won't stop them from sucking people dry with all their DLCs.

And speaking of DLCs, another retarded design choice by Paradox is to keep a lot of mechanics self-contained by DLC. And in EU IV in particular you can see how this leads to a disjointed mess of half-assed mechanics since they can't be bothered to significantly improve them down the line.
There is no need to go the EU IV to see it. Stellaris is already at a point where it has a bunch of DLC mechanics that can never go beyond pretending they have some sort of depth. Just from the top of my head: Necroids, megacorps, espionage, archeology, L-gates are all DLC mechanics that only pretend to have depth but are usually just collections of nothing that went through 0 changes since the moment they were added and will continue to be that way because PDX has no reason to change anything thanks to its sla... I mean "costumers".

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's telling that you end up in a certain mid-game slump where you're the biggest dick on the bloc and can't do much beyond waiting around for something to happen in every single PDX game.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
It's telling that you end up in a certain mid-game slump where you're the biggest dick on the bloc and can't do much beyond waiting around for something to happen in every single PDX game.

Is snowballing to top dog really the midgame? Isn't it the end game?

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Is snowballing to top dog really the midgame? Isn't it the end game?

Not Top Dog of the entire game, just your local area. Which is in some ways even worse.
The one major thing Star Dynasties did right is that power projection is hard. Once you dominate local area you can't just snowball across the map. Well militarily. Using diplomacy strat you can just roll the whole map.

Delterius

Arcane
Look, you can't just have a big overlord AI empire like that. It might be unbalanced in multiplayer.
honkhonk.png
The retarded policy of prioritizing multiplayer over singleplayer in grand strategy games is retarded. If it's uNbAlAnCeD, then just fucking set house rules for your MP games. But no, Paradox has to do even fucking bug (& feature) testing with MP in mind.
I highly doubt any part of imperial fiefdom was designed with balance in mind. Much less multiplayer balance.

My foray into imperial fiefdom entailed being a bulwark who conquered the three capitals of a nearby hegemony ai start. I renegotiated the vassal contract to force my overlord to subsidize my research by 45% so I tech rushed with minimal effort. And when my overlord fell I just conquered the size 30 Gaia homeworld for my self.

All of which just pales in comparison to a trade xenophile build.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Looks like the Fleet Manager is buggy as fuck. I have two admirals supposedly leading the same fleet. Reinforcing doesn't work right because the game thinks my fleet is below capacity when it really isn't.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like the Fleet Manager is buggy as fuck. I have two admirals supposedly leading the same fleet. Reinforcing doesn't work right because the game thinks my fleet is below capacity when it really isn't.
Do you have the dynamic UI mod?
Because I do and I have a similar or at least fleet-related issue where a fleet is a combined single fleet on the actual map and in the right-hand navigation.
But in the fleet manager, it's actually two separate fleets, one of which cannot be modified.

Might be a bug in the mod, or of course just one of many "native" bugs in Stellaris.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Do you have the dynamic UI mod?
Because I do and I have a similar or at least fleet-related issue where a fleet is a combined single fleet on the actual map and in the right-hand navigation.
But in the fleet manager, it's actually two separate fleets, one of which cannot be modified.

Might be a bug in the mod, or of course just one of many "native" bugs in Stellaris.

I HAD the mod but went back to the regular UI. Seems to me like a base Stellaris bug.
The AI is as good as ever in PDX games, seeing how my neighbors can't deal with hostile critters or pirates properly. :|

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The AI that suggested this resolution is retarded!
47WVkhQ.png
Frankly that's smart, there is delay before they can vote on new topic, and putting crap like that to the top of queue prevented voting on more harmful resolution.

Great work AI.
BTW these abstaining have about the same diplomatic power as these who are voting no. Looks like galactic war is brewing.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The AI that suggested this resolution is retarded!
47WVkhQ.png
Frankly that's smart, there is delay before they can vote on new topic, and putting crap like that to the top of queue prevented voting on more harmful resolution.

Great work AI.
BTW these abstaining have about the same diplomatic power as these who are voting no. Looks like galactic war is brewing.

It seems I might be the dumb AI in this case!

The way the galactic council generally works makes that not accurate. The voting list already sorts so that the issues that lots of empires preemptively agree with go to the top, and unpopular issues go to the bottom. Therefore every issue lower than that on the list is likely going to be rejected just as hard if not harder. The only way to pass through these unpopular issues is to spam favors or get really lucky with the AI's "enemy of my enemy is my friend" logic.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay, this is the longest game of Stellaris I've played so I don't know if this is... supposed to be like it is.
I'm not in the lead score-wise, but I didn't really try to min-max everything. Just exploring the late game. Got the techs, got my titans, some megastructures, the works. The game essentially devolved into me just waiting on... nothing in particular. I suppose eventually the Crisis will hit and fuck up the AIs but that's still like 100 years off. Is the late game really meant to be this boring?

Clipboard01.jpg

The default mid game and late game dates of 2300 and 2400 respectively are retarded and only for mouthbreathers and games journalists. It should be put to 2250 and 2300 if you want a chance of the game being interesting.

Keeping in mind that the crisis can only spawn 50 years after the late game date, you're looking at at least another 80 years of watching nothing happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom