Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
thinking.png

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything about the content shown in the trailer looks very inspired. Strangely, it reminded me of Whispers of a Machine. That was a good adventure game, but creatively bland and just not interesting. This game looks like it will be interesting even in the (very unlikely) event it turns out to be a bad game.

Also:
The secret is a lack of success.

I think anyone slightly familiar with your real-life circumstances would disagree with that! But perhaps the secret is that you do not strive for the abstract "more", as I imagine many in your position do.

agris

Arcane
Patron

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
And MRY, if that anecdote is one of your most memorable inner horror experiences - you have lived a blessed life, sir.
Ha! It is not. It is just the most memorable that applies to the effect of literal darkness.

I think anyone slightly familiar with your real-life circumstances would disagree with that!
I think I have underperformed my potential in law, creative writing, and teaching. I am very confident I could've done much more in any of those fields (and likely in parenting too--what if I went full-on Captain Fantastic!) if I had given them more time, energy, and focus. But that's just not the life I want. I couldn't live without my family, I'd be miserable without a creative outlet, I would feel that I had betrayed my calling if I did no teaching, and I probably would not be able to comfortably and reliably support my family if I didn't practice law. So I muddle through all as best I can.

Vatnik Wumao
I think I have underperformed my potential in law, creative writing, and teaching. I am very confident I could've done much more in any of those fields (and likely in parenting too--what if I went full-on Captain Fantastic!) if I had given them more time, energy, and focus. But that's just not the life I want. I couldn't live without my family, I'd be miserable without a creative outlet, I would feel that I had betrayed my calling if I did no teaching, and I probably would not be able to comfortably and reliably support my family if I didn't practice law. So I muddle through all as best I can.
Having several important commitments and doing all of them justice is just as praiseworthy as excelling in a single field.

And at the end of the day, what's most important is that you are content ('happy') with this state of affairs.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I have underperformed my potential in %AREAS_OF_INTEREST%.

I can't help but notice that this is the most generalized biography of the teeming mass of humanity that I've read.

We're humans... as if born to compare, appraise, to no end.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Acclaimed point-and-click supremo Wadjet Eye Video games is teaming up with Wormwood Studios, the developer behind celebrated post-apocalyptic journey Primordia, as soon as extra, this time to deliver surreal horror Strangeland to PC on twenty fifth Could.

:D:D:D

Though Strangeland is described as a basic point-and-click journey – one which blends narrative and puzzles because the style dictates – Wormwood notes the sport favours non-linearity and multi-solution puzzles, lending the roughly five-hour expertise, which incorporates full voice performing and a number of endings, an added diploma of replayability.

time to get a phd in strangeland

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Acclaimed point-and-click supremo Wadjet Eye Video games is teaming up with Wormwood Studios, the developer behind celebrated post-apocalyptic journey Primordia, as soon as extra, this time to deliver surreal horror Strangeland to PC on twenty fifth Could.

:D:D:D

Though Strangeland is described as a basic point-and-click journey – one which blends narrative and puzzles because the style dictates – Wormwood notes the sport favours non-linearity and multi-solution puzzles, lending the roughly five-hour expertise, which incorporates full voice performing and a number of endings, an added diploma of replayability.

time to get a phd in strangeland
:D

Look, at the prices Fry's charges, they can't afford to have their aggregator bot do anything more than run the text they're copying back and forth through a translator. :)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Dunno. Dave said he updated it but maybe it didn’t take. I’ll try to fix today. Thanks for the heads up!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Should be fixed -- Dave had filled out the requisite field but not clicked a box (which was a fairly misleading box to check). Can you confirm it looks right on your end?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the only place the release date is displayed in in the small text on the right-hand side of Roxor's picture, but not the big box most people look at below the images, nor in the forum embeded steam link (bottom part of the picture below).

strangeland.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
MRY do you prefer to sell from steam/gog or from the wadjet eye site? I'm guessing with wadjeteye you get more money, but with steam more exposure...

Too bad, I wonder why they stopped selling from their own site? I guess they just weren't making enough money off of it to justify hosting it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom