Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Streaming and Streaming Accessories.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Just using my headset, my desktop, and xsplit gamecaster.

I had one friend watching to test.

I played:
Hearthstone at 1080p, windowed, it was fine (duh)
World of Tanks at 1080p, windowed, smoother and fine as well.
Skyrim at 1080p, fullscreen, silky smooth according to my friend.
XCOM Enemy Within at 2560x1440, fullscreen - as a test, as this is the preferred way I like to play games. This seemed to run ok as well.

So here is the question I have for you knowledgeable streamers - is the paid version of xsplit gamecaster worth it? It isn't expensive, but all I seem to be able to tell is that it enables some in game chatting and removes some watermarks.

I'm playing around with this, it might be fun. It is hard for me to know how long I can do something, what with real world issues constantly cropping up. For example, had the air conditioner condenser line clog, overflow and do a lot of damage to the condo.

Plus other various things.

Still, it was fun. I enjoyed it.

Any tips would be appreciated on how to cheaply improve the experience, or again if xsplit gamecaster paid is worth it, ir whatever.

DakaSha

Arcane
Use obs and dont stream over 720p. The receiving end also has to download the data + decode. Shitty laptops and tablets (and bad connections) wont be able to handle 1080p

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yup, thirding OBS. From what you're saying it doesn't seem like you're having any problems with your setup, but if you're not already using it use the Nvidia NVENC or AMD VCE options to record, no performance hit with that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anthony Davis versus Zed in Hearthstone going down soon! Sadly I can't watch the stream because that would be cheating.
Also I just finished up the tutorial so I barely have any cards.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anthony Davis versus Zed in Hearthstone going down soon! Sadly I can't watch the stream because that would be cheating.
Also I just finished up the tutorial so I barely have any cards.
1 - 1

well played!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom