Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Adon

Arcane
Being the huge Street Fighter fan that I am :d1p:

Been hearing a lot of interesting, and good stuff about the game. Liking that there is now a buffer window for 1-frame links, but I'm disappointed that they've apparently removed 360 and 720 motions from the game. Not terribly disappointed that delta motions didn't make it in either, tho, never really liked them.

dat Cammy tho

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It looks like what SF4 should've been. Hope they increase the overall speed by like 20%. Also, yeah, Chun and Cammy are pretty :bounce:

Gozma

Arcane
I need the mechanics to be easy enough that I can randomly pick a character I like and beat online kids that aren't talented with basic shit

I wanted to get into SF4 late and I realized I need to be able to hit the stand jab -> sweep 1f link 100% of the time to be really playing Balrog, and I pictured myself practicing that for 20 hours so I could get it to link 75% of the time and I was like nah I prefer to just remember playing fighting games

Tehdagah

Arcane
It looks like what SF4 should've been. Hope they increase the overall speed by like 20%. Also, yeah, Chun and Cammy are pretty :bounce:
mAAInla.gif

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Looks like it's not just Chun's tits that grew, she's a couple inches taller from her bio data. SFV data for Cammy puts her at 30 pounds heavier than in 4. Ryu is 50 pounds heavier. And Birdie... Birdie has gained a staggering 250 pounds since SF Alpha.

Looks like Capcom has gone FULL AMERICA!

Machocruz

Arcane
It looks like what SF4 should've been.

Exactly. Just from a visual standpoint, this looks more in line with SF2 and 3. Compared to 4, the character proportions are longer, the musculature/shading looks more natural, Ryu doesn't look like a toad-boy, the textures are less Nerf. The animation on Birdie looks great. The big feet still look stupid in 3D though.

Still, 100% more tasteful than 4.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Looks like it's not just Chun's tits that grew, she's a couple inches taller from her bio data. SFV data for Cammy puts her at 30 pounds heavier than in 4. Ryu is 50 pounds heavier. And Birdie... Birdie has gained a staggering 250 pounds since SF Alpha.

Looks like Capcom has gone FULL AMERICA!
:patriot:

Gozma

Arcane
I think they made it official that there won't be an arcade release. Probably because Sony is funding development to help PS4 sooner rather than later and they don't give a fuck about arcade profits. Still fucked that Capcom is basically gonna hasten the death of the East Asian arcade era.

stamina bar, power bar, superpower bar, megapower bar, ultratecniques, megacombo, hyperprojections... fuck this shit. give me tekken 3 back.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
From the latest presentation:

All post-launch content will be purchasable with either in-game currency FIGHT MONEY or with real life bux. Apparently there will be no super or ultra SFV as the balance updates will be free and all new characters will be sold for fight money or real money.

Honestly if it's implemented as presented, that sounds extremely good. Too good to be true. Some people will get their panties in a bunch, but that sounds much better than "okay so we're going to release 3 separate paid balance + character packs, then sell a shitton of costumes for each edition"

Either way.

MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYYYYYYY

CKOeMC-VAAAhJnr.jpg:large

Eyeball

Arcane
Wow. Even as silly a character as Birdie doesn't deserve what they did to him in this game. They also seem to have turned him white again.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
There was picture in twitter that Jamie Lee Curtis went to some fighting game con diguised as Vega...apparently she plays a lot of Street Fighter-games.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
From the latest presentation:

All post-launch content will be purchasable with either in-game currency FIGHT MONEY or with real life bux. Apparently there will be no super or ultra SFV as the balance updates will be free and all new characters will be sold for fight money or real money.

Honestly if it's implemented as presented, that sounds extremely good. Too good to be true. Some people will get their panties in a bunch, but that sounds much better than "okay so we're going to release 3 separate paid balance + character packs, then sell a shitton of costumes for each edition"

Either way.

MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYYYYYYY

CKOeMC-VAAAhJnr.jpg:large

Oh god, there's going to be fucking Bison Dollars.

They better be worth 5 pounds each

Gozma

Arcane
I can imagine the f2p DLC thing being very annoying for non-internet tournaments. Even needing an internet connection to do DRM stuff is a big problem.

Maybe if they wanted to be super nice they could just unlock everything for local versus mode, and leave the paid stuff for online. Kinda depends on how much extra they are expecting to make from DLC. The phone shit designed for 5000 dollar whales probably wouldn't want to give their consumer psyche the very certain knowledge that they're paying that much money to flip one boolean.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Either way it's more consumer and tournament friendly than "BUY THE DLC WITH REAL MONEY OR DON'T". While SF was actually pretty good about this as none of the characters were separate DLC, tons of other fighting games like MVC3, SFxT, Soul Calibur, BlazBlue, Smash Bros (lol it's at evo though) and countless others simply have piecemeal fighters, meaning every setup has to have them or the tournament bans the characters.

Gozma

Arcane
Yeah, true.

Skullgirls has piecemeal DLC but a tournament mode that unlocks everything (and the home button doesn't do anything during a fight, and you have to hold down the start button for a second to actually pause, and every time you switch controllers you go into a push-to-set menu for your bindings so there's no excuse to do button checks). SG is a quasi-indie obsession project that has probably cost the main programmer a couple million bucks in foregone wages tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom