Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Who's the other grappler? Necalli?

I *need* gief.

HotSnack

Cipher
Who's the other grappler? Necalli?

I *need* gief.
Birdie is the other grappler, and he seems to be filling the niche of the traditional "big body" grappler, at least for the initial cast. Necalli does have a command grab, though I get the feeling he is a very offensive rushdown character rather than a grappler. He defintely gives me vibes of claw Iori from kof, mixed with the pillarmen from jojo.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
IIRC Birdie only has one grapple that can't be just blocked, he's more of a brawler with the cans and headbutts.

HotSnack

Cipher
IIRC Birdie only has one grapple that can't be just blocked, he's more of a brawler with the cans and headbutts.
Ah that makes sense. I was kinda confused why they said that R. Mika was there first "full" grappler character.

With SF4/SFxTekken I somehow lost interest with this franchise, dunno maybe I felt burn-out after all these years but now I only return every possible incarnation of SF2 - none of my favuorite games of all time and I'm still mad at Capcom that they still haven't released Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD REMIX on PC - original 1995 port is almost unavailable to buy now and I'm sure it would be a HUGE Steam hit. I care of it much more than of SF5.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
You should also be mad at Capcom for never releasing 3rd Strike Online Edition and Darkstalkers Ressurection on PC, I know I am.

Last edited:

Stompa

Arcane
3rd Strike is already perfectly playable online on PC through Fightcade.

KK1001

Arbiter
After the fuck up of 4 I am honestly surprised that Capcom has bounced back this hard. 5 looks really, really good.

Inspectah

Savant
I don't know, SF4 kinda grew on me.
When it was released, I was one of the cunts shitting on the "09rs', but eventually I saw that it actually revived the competitive fighting game comunity

HotSnack

Cipher
Yeah, I think SF4 gets a lot more flak than it really deserves. I certainly won't be missing focus attack and ultras, but it was a pretty fine game all in all.

Gozma

Arcane
They made a lot of weird decisions that make it seem like there was a lot of wheel-reinventing going on. Like making reversals incredibly easy (I think the game has a crazy 5 or 6 frame reversal window) and combos incredibly hard.

But people played it and that's by far the most important thing about a fighting game so whatever

Inspectah

Savant
They made a lot of weird decisions that make it seem like there was a lot of wheel-reinventing going on. Like making reversals incredibly easy (I think the game has a crazy 5 or 6 frame reversal window) and combos incredibly hard.

But people played it and that's by far the most important thing about a fighting game so whatever
Yeah, the 1 frame links were very weird, considering the rest of the game was simplified

Adon

Arcane
There were a couple things not to like about SF4, but overall it isn't bad, certainly not the same level 3S fanatics like to say it is. I enjoyed a good deal out of it, and it is the fighting game I've put in the most hours into in the past few years. But I certainly am glad stuff like focus attacks, and invincible back dashes are gone.

And ah, Darkstalkers Resurrection, that probably would've taken SF4's place for me if I knew more people who had it.

KK1001

Arbiter
SFIV is only halfway decent because it had 5 years of continued development, balance patches, and content. The game was an absolute piece of shit on launch.

Gozma

Arcane
Wait the 9 months it will take before it goes from 60 bucks to F2P

HotSnack

Cipher
Some videos are just coming out now for the new character Rashid. His design is pretty... yeah. :smug:

Reveal trailer:

Gameplay footage:

HotSnack

Cipher
Was just about to post that. :D

Now that I have a clearer look at his moveset, his playstyle actually kinda reminds me of my main Juri: With the fireball lockdowns and aerial manoeuvrability. Except like, with more tools with the feints and what looks like a legit reversal?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Absolutely halal in my book too. I only hope the execution level is not too high because I'm a scrub.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom