Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Chamezero

andhaira revealed on 9/11 :smug: nice capcom

Gozma

Arcane
It looks like the idea is he's a "Whirling Dervish" Sufi

so Isis fans would probably want to burn him alive

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It looks like the idea is he's a "Whirling Dervish" Sufi

so Isis fans would probably want to burn him alive
Are you trying to impart culture in the internet. Errone knows this is a Japanese insult to Kwanzania.

Gozma

Arcane
Think pakoito is just talking about Rashid

The only big execution thing different from 4->5 is gonna be that 5 has a 3 frame input buffer that works for linking normals. SF4 technically had no buffering (meaning a 1 frame link really requires a 1 frame precise input) but because the priority linking trick was discovered 1 frame links were actually only 2-frame precise. No p-linking in sf5

Now, links get much more than 50% easier going from 2 frames to 3 frames of precision, but you do have to practice to hit 3-framers 100% of the time.

A downstream effect is that a big part of being a good player in sf5 vs. sf4 won't be about having the ability to confirm crouch tech normals into real damage, 'cause crouch techs have been removed and they've said in the final game you won't be able to link heavier normals off of lights, so no more (for example) doing jab jab jab sweep with Balrog.

Adon

Arcane
Aaand the next SFV character is Karin. If the last 4 are 2 classics and 2 new ones as I've heard, it means 3S characters are probably going to be DLC in the future instead.

Man, I stayed up and all the streams I was linked to were duds, and outside of the Twitch one, the other ones were non-Capcom related. I have no idea if Capcom was even streaming this. I didn't mind staying up, but I stopped what I was doing just to completely miss the reveal. Someone needs to get shot.

Regardless, Karin is looking pretty good.

Stompa

Arcane
Both Karin and R.Mika being in confirms that Siliconera had some insider info. Expect Alex and Urien in the core roster.

HotSnack

Cipher
My old main is back. At least now I know I have a character I will definitely learn. :love:

Gozma

Arcane
Karin's face is fucked, what are you doing

Also Ameripeans don't know that haughty rich twintails girl is a z-tier animanga cliche. It's like having a fighting game with a southern lawyer in a white seersucker suit. Which would actually be great tbh

KK1001

Arbiter
She'll probably get slowly fixed. Cammy started out super derpy and she looks pretty good now.

HotSnack

Cipher
She'll probably get slowly fixed. Cammy started out super derpy and she looks pretty good now.
I disagree for Cammy. Her debut face made me think they based her look on European models, which makes sense. Now she's typical anime.

Adon

Arcane
I always figured there would be one character that had a focus attack type of thing as a v-skill. No surprise there.

Fucking fan service. Look at the size of his bulge, is that necessary?

Well, sir, clearly it's all to cater to the male power fantasy of being half-naked and with their bulge sticking out showing that their fertility is stronk.

Or whatever nonsense those people like to come up with.

HotSnack

Cipher
I feel a little underwhelmed with this announcement. Though I was hoping that the next character reveal would be a new fighter.

Yeah, I was hoping focus attack died with SF4. At least its not a true FA (I hope...), but the thought that gief gets a parry armoured attack, FA and the Tager-like suction mechanic makes me think he is going to be very hard to zone out.

Actually, SFV is looking to be a very bad game for zoning chars in general. :negative:

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane
That's actually been the recurring theme with the v-skills. Almost all of them are for anti-zoning purposes. I guess it's neat that they're giving players an extra tool to get around zoning, but there are ways to do that already so it just makes it harder on those types of characters.

As far as Zangief's Iron Muscle goes, it seems more like a parry than it does a focus attack. Apparently you're only supposed to be able to absorb one attack which is converted to gray health (much like a focus attack obvs) but in the video he absorbs about 3 attacks in a row before grabbing Bison.

Also, leaked character!

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvkopl6ItN1qdlwiko8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvko7pqLZd1s5zwdxo8_1280.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom