Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
That does worry me, too, esp. since there's only so much time left before they can stop making tweaks to the game. I know there are patches, but I don't think most people want an MKX situation where there is a new patch every week changing the meta.

Every day is a nerf day at Capcom. Except for Lord Bipson.

Lord Bison got hit hard. Knee Press no longer safe on block, Psycho Blast is ass and that Psycho Inferno thing was also hella nerfed.

Adon

Arcane
Lord Bison got hit hard. Knee Press no longer safe on block, Psycho Blast is ass and that Psycho Inferno thing was also hella nerfed.

It was a bit of a joke since early on they kept giving Bison buffs. But he's still pretty damn good from what I understand in comparison to the other characters even with these nerfs.

Also just to throw this in, let's not pretend like MK was ever above fanservice.

8c8b434c43469ac0e3373ee1cfebcf16.png

AstroZombie

Arcane
Is low Knee Press or max distance KP still safe, like in IV?

I don't think so, but it maybe the (few) Bisons I played against just weren't spacing it properly.

It seems that Capcom has decided to make most specials unsafe in this game and, to be honest, I don't think that's a terrible idea. Just gotta make sure you still have some safe stuff to pressure with.

It was a bit of a joke since early on they kept giving Bison buffs. But he's still pretty damn good from what I understand in comparison to the other characters even with these nerfs.

Also just to throw this in, let's not pretend like MK was ever above fanservice.

Definitely still a good character.

I miss Chun-Li's aerial moves from the first playable build they showed, she looked incredibly fun.

I hope they introduce a few stages without crazy, distracting backrounds. More stuff like Ryu's classic stage. I got kind of tired of seeing so much Training Stage in big tournaments, I always assumed it was always picked because it's easy on the console framerate.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I hope they introduce a few stages without crazy, distracting backrounds. More stuff like Ryu's classic stage. I got kind of tired of seeing so much Training Stage in big tournaments, I always assumed it was always picked because it's easy on the console framerate.
Overpass? Run-down Back Alley? Morning Mist Bay?

I guess the NPCs are the big thing, yeah.

I don't mind most of the levels personally, but I just never see them in used in tournaments.

AstroZombie

Arcane
I think that the stages affecting fps was something that only happened on the PS3 version, never noticed that while playing on 360.

The training stage is convenient because it doesn't have any stuff on the background that might make fireballs/whatever hard to see and you have the blocks to help with spacing(which is why I think it should be banned).

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
And the Season pass for the next 6 characters

I guess I will wait for the Super Turbo Championship Edition on Steam sale then
There won't be one, that's the point. They changed it because of the whining bitches complaining about the expansions.

Now it's a single base game purchase, they add characters and you get them either grinding ingame currency, or paying individually or in packs via season pass.

Overall the final price for all characters will increase, so you morons can pat yourselves in the back for it.

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2015/12/05/fang-finally-emerges-in-sfv-and-psx-announcements

In-Game Currency

Capcom has a long term strategy to support SFV with new content over time, and the in-game currency allows everyone to choose how they get it. To recap, there are two types:

Fight Money: Can only be obtained by playing the game. Can be used to earn new content for free.
Zenny: Can be purchased with real money, and used to access new content immediately.

So when it comes to post-launch gameplay content, everyone has two choices:

Accumulate Fight Money through gameplay, and use it to earn gameplay related content, such as new characters, for free.
Purchase Zenny with real money, in order to gain access to the content immediately.

100 Zenny essentially equals $1. However, Zenny will be sold in several denominations, giving everyone choice and even bonus amounts depending on how much is purchased! Some of the options are listed below:

100 Zenny = Purchase for $0.99 / €0.99 / £0.79
550 Zenny = Purchase for $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 (receive a 50 Zenny bonus)
1200 Zenny = Purchase for $9.99/€9.99/£7.99 (receive a 200 Zenny bonus)
4000 Zenny = Purchase for $29.99/ €29.99/£24.99 (receive a 1000 Zenny bonus)

Street Fighter V provides everyone with choices and options that never existed before, ensuring that the game has a healthy lifespan for years to come, with new content always on the horizon for fans to enjoy.

Post-Launch Characters and 2016 Season Pass

So what are some things you can purchase with the in-game currency? Glad you asked! We are happy to confirm the identity of the six additional characters that will be released post-launch in 2016. Without further ado, here they are:

That’s right! The six additional characters in the first year are: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien!

As a reminder, all of these characters are earnable through gameplay for free, but for those of you who want to get them right as they release, the 2016 Season Pass goes on sale today in North America for pre-purchase so be sure to check it out. It will be available to European consumers at launch.

For $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99, SFV players get all six additional characters, each with a premium costume, in addition to an exclusive PS4 theme. Each character would cost 600 Zenny individually, and each premium costume would cost 400 Zenny individually, making this a $60 value for half the price! As a final incentive, in North America, if you purchase the 2016 Season Pass before February 16 you will receive three PS4 avatars (Ryu, Chun-Li, and M. Bison) for free!

For our European consumers, we have a special deal with the Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition available to pre-order today. The Deluxe Edition contains the full game and the 2016 Season Pass and will be available to pre-order at a special 10% discounted price (until launch) of £71.99 / €89.99. After launch, it will be £79.99 / €99.99 so act now if you want to take advantage of the deal!

And this is where all those stupid non-player whining took us to. Fucking mobile game pricing and full price for a non-expansion :negative:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
BTW there is a suprising lack of Sagat in the game and dlcs,wtf?

HotSnack

Cipher
He'll be back. Capcom are just trying to avoid adding too many shoto-likes in the game at the start. They haven't said anything about Akuma either and he's too popular with the fanboys to not be in. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the secret boss in this game.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I saw F.A.G.'s video where in the background the four statues have him instead of Sagat but my question was mostly about Capcom's logic,not some in-game story reasons,if they plan to follow the 'milk until its tits run dry" business model not having popular characters like Sagat,Akuma or even less popular like Dan,Adon,Fei Long,Gen,Sakura even as DLC is weird,unless they plan to add all of these in the year two season pass

Mozg

Arcane
If I were them I'd have a backup plan for going back to the "super street fighter 5" expansion model in case the micropayment/DLC shit doesn't work out, in which case you'd hold back some fan favorites/titty girls to lead it. If selling characters one by one works out they'll come eventually.

I know there is going to be some angst about new characters being p2w. Like you think an online warrior type that buys a new character because it's really strong is gonna take it well if capcom nerfs the shit he just specifically paid for? How bad is power creep in "mobas" that sell characters?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Same as with IV, they'll keep adding for years. Vanilla shipped with 19 characters and Ultra ended up with 44.

If I were them I'd have a backup plan for going back to the "super street fighter 5" expansion model in case the micropayment/DLC shit doesn't work out, in which case you'd hold back some fan favorites/titty girls to lead it. If selling characters one by one works out they'll come eventually.
The Season Pass are the expansion packs, and the first one has been announced before release. Instead of getting it at the end, you pay now and get a char every other month. The price has increased from $15 to $25 because greed.

Mozg

Arcane
pakoito You're a moba guy, right, I edited in a question about power creep in mobas because I don't know myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom