Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Ultra

Educated
Haven't played this in about a month 0.o and can't seem to find the enthusiasm which is odd because I thought I was going to crack out after Beta2.
Suppose I bought into the BS about this one bringing fundamentals back but while playing Xrd in the interim I realise that shit that people said ruined 4 like dominant oki, setplay and option selects aren't my personal problem when implemented well because Xrd has that in spades. It even has the air throw OS in one of the tutorials. Games more fun than SF5 for me right now.

Anybody tried Guile? used him in 4 quite a bit, does he make the game fun, general thoughts etc, is DirectInput even in yet?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
DI not in yet, guile is okay to good. His V-skill makes for horrible 500+ damage combos. According to dieminion he's not as footsies-heavy as before. His options are good but still below Chun or Karin.

Last edited:

HotSnack

Cipher
Haven't played this in about a month 0.o and can't seem to find the enthusiasm which is odd because I thought I was going to crack out after Beta2.
Suppose I bought into the BS about this one bringing fundamentals back but while playing Xrd in the interim I realise that shit that people said ruined 4 like dominant oki, setplay and option selects aren't my personal problem when implemented well because Xrd has that in spades. It even has the air throw OS in one of the tutorials. Games more fun than SF5 for me right now.

Anybody tried Guile? used him in 4 quite a bit, does he make the game fun, general thoughts etc, is DirectInput even in yet?
I can sympathise. I've still put in 200+ hours into the game but I do find that I'm not as excited for playing it as I thought I would be. For me I wonder if it's because the game has the Sawyer effect of actually feeling *too* balanced, like every character will have a strength but also a very notable weakness, so I never feel completely satisfied with using a particular character. That said I can never go back to the BS in USF4.

I'm also finding it hard to really enjoy the game because I have yet to find a fighter that really clicks with me. I'll probably have to wait until my old main Juri is released, but I'll probably be playing KoF14 by then. Speaking of GG, I haven't been able to get into Xrd for the same reason of not being able to find a character I like. I'll probably wait until they add Baiken before I get commited into that game.

Still Red Bull Kumite was hype as fuck.

Archibald

Arcane
I think its just PR mode, they were fully aware that they are rushing it out so that it would be available for planned tournaments and I'd assume expected relatively low sales.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
I hope completeness means a good netcode, better lobbies, better tutorials, online training and a training mode that saves your settings. Not pointless single player stuff like arcade and story mode.

HotSnack

Cipher
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...v-cinematic-story-and-additional-june-updates

SFV Cinematic Story and Additional June Updates
JUN9

2XrdqdY.png

Hey everyone!

Big news today! June will be a huge month for Street Fighter V as we introduce the biggest update to the game yet. Tons and tons of new content is in the pipeline and we can't wait to tell you all about what’s in the works. But first, hit the jump and let’s talk about what’s coming to all SFV players in late June.

xOIN7Xs.jpg

Cinematic Story: “A Shadow Falls”

9W8mblH.png

Nn00iEC.png

dCGPXub.png

jW2Z8y3.png

joJBotm.png

CiNsNzQ.png

UW5ZpfE.png

The SFV Story Expansion is a 3~4 hour experience titled “A Shadow Falls” and will be released at the end of this month as free DLC to all SFV players. The 5 chapter story takes place between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III and bridges the events that happen in between the two stories. This is the first time in franchise history that fans will be able to play through this type of cinematic experience in a Street Fighter game.

The Street Fighter V Cinematic Story Expansion, “A Shadow Falls,” depicts the ultimate battle between the evil Shadaloo organization and the heroic World Warriors who rise up against them. Seven “Black Moons” are deployed by Shadaloo, granting M. Bison unimaginable power and enveloping the earth in total darkness. Seeing the moons mysteriously appear in the sky, Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li embark on an epic journey around the world to retrieve fragment pieces that are the key to stopping the “Black Moons” before it’s too late. Along the way, they encounter the rest of the World Warriors, each of whom have their own agendas and motivations in mind. The final battle between good and evil begins now… who will RISE UP?

The next related piece of awesome news: all six DLC characters are fully playable in the story mode. That’s right, in addition to Alex, Guile, and Ibuki, that means that Balrog, Urien, and Juri are also playable! The official release of these characters will not be until later in the year, which means everyone will get to play them in advance through this mode. For the DLC characters that haven’t been released at the time the story comes out, those characters shouldn’t be considered final or tournament ready, as they still need to be properly polished and balanced. So, think of this as a free preview of the characters and enjoy playing with them before they get officially released in the other competitive game modes.

Finally, you’ll be able to earn Fight Money from completing the story mode as well! A higher difficulty becomes unlocked after clearing the normal mode, which you can also earn extra Fight Money from:

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

*Extra Mode (higher difficulty) unlocks after you complete Normal mode

In-Game Currency System Changes

We have an important announcement regarding the in-game currency system. We will no longer be introducing Zenny to Street Fighter V as a real money currency option. After extensive testing and development, we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary in order to carry out our original vision for the product. Instead, we will be utilizing the PlayStation Store and Steam stores to carry out real money transactions.

Our plan for the in-game economy of SFV was always to provide players with choice. Fight Money remains as the basic currency that players can earn for FREE through gameplay and utilize to purchase characters and other awesome downloadable content like stages and costumes. For players who want to just purchase the content outright, instead of introducing Zenny, the process will be much more familiar with purchases happening through the established first party infrastructures.

The in-game store will be upgraded with the PlayStation Store and Steam real money purchase options as part of the update in late June. At the same time, the free trial period for Alex and Guile will come to an end as we previously had stated. Players will need to either obtain the characters through Fight Money, real money, or the season pass to continue using them after the update. We hope that everyone has enjoyed throwing down with these fearsome fighters and feels inclined to pick them up after testing them out during the free trial period!

We know fans have also been wondering about how content will be priced, so we created this handy chart which breaks down the content in Fight Money and real money pricing:

Fight Money

Real Currency

New Characters

$ 5.99 / € 5.99

New Stages

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

Alternate Stages

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Story Costumes

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Premium Costumes

-

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

Additional Content in June Update

The premium Battle Costumes for every character released so far will go on sale this month, and will be available for purchase with real currency only. Now everyone will have access to this hunk of a man:

ko3WfKv.jpg

Story mode costumes will also be available for purchase this month, meaning you will no longer need to complete the Character Stories to gain access to the content. Story mode costumes can be purchased with either Fight Money or real currency. We’ll be breaking down all of the costumes coming with the June update in another blog this month. There may be even more surprises in store, so stayed tuned!

Future Content

Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

That’s all for now, but stay tuned as we’ll take a closer look at the many June update features in the days and weeks ahead.

TLDR: The big news is, we're going to be able to play all the upcoming DLC characters (Balrog, Juri & Urien) during the story update, and that they are scrapping the idea of Zenny (you will just use steam/PSN wallet instead).

Latro

Arcane
That sounds pretty cool. Turns out they are delivering all the content down to the wire, they didn't cut anything. Makes perfect sense why Guile/Alex seem a bit under-developed, it's because they are. I really wonder how different they would have turned out if Combofiend hadn't forced them to conform to the content time-line he created.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
They shat the bed completely. The community isn't happy, the tournaments aren't hype, offline is a miserable experience. Whatever they're doing 6 months down the line to appeal the casuals isn't going to reinvigorate the scene.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...v-cinematic-story-and-additional-june-updates

JUN9

2XrdqdY.png

Hey everyone!

Big news today! June will be a huge month for Street Fighter V as we introduce the biggest update to the game yet. Tons and tons of new content is in the pipeline and we can't wait to tell you all about what’s in the works. But first, hit the jump and let’s talk about what’s coming to all SFV players in late June.

xOIN7Xs.jpg

9W8mblH.png

Nn00iEC.png

dCGPXub.png

jW2Z8y3.png

joJBotm.png

CiNsNzQ.png

UW5ZpfE.png

The SFV Story Expansion is a 3~4 hour experience titled “A Shadow Falls” and will be released at the end of this month as free DLC to all SFV players. The 5 chapter story takes place between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III and bridges the events that happen in between the two stories. This is the first time in franchise history that fans will be able to play through this type of cinematic experience in a Street Fighter game.

The Street Fighter V Cinematic Story Expansion, “A Shadow Falls,” depicts the ultimate battle between the evil Shadaloo organization and the heroic World Warriors who rise up against them. Seven “Black Moons” are deployed by Shadaloo, granting M. Bison unimaginable power and enveloping the earth in total darkness. Seeing the moons mysteriously appear in the sky, Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li embark on an epic journey around the world to retrieve fragment pieces that are the key to stopping the “Black Moons” before it’s too late. Along the way, they encounter the rest of the World Warriors, each of whom have their own agendas and motivations in mind. The final battle between good and evil begins now… who will RISE UP?

The next related piece of awesome news: all six DLC characters are fully playable in the story mode. That’s right, in addition to Alex, Guile, and Ibuki, that means that Balrog, Urien, and Juri are also playable! The official release of these characters will not be until later in the year, which means everyone will get to play them in advance through this mode. For the DLC characters that haven’t been released at the time the story comes out, those characters shouldn’t be considered final or tournament ready, as they still need to be properly polished and balanced. So, think of this as a free preview of the characters and enjoy playing with them before they get officially released in the other competitive game modes.

Finally, you’ll be able to earn Fight Money from completing the story mode as well! A higher difficulty becomes unlocked after clearing the normal mode, which you can also earn extra Fight Money from:

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

We have an important announcement regarding the in-game currency system. We will no longer be introducing Zenny to Street Fighter V as a real money currency option. After extensive testing and development, we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary in order to carry out our original vision for the product. Instead, we will be utilizing the PlayStation Store and Steam stores to carry out real money transactions.

Our plan for the in-game economy of SFV was always to provide players with choice. Fight Money remains as the basic currency that players can earn for FREE through gameplay and utilize to purchase characters and other awesome downloadable content like stages and costumes. For players who want to just purchase the content outright, instead of introducing Zenny, the process will be much more familiar with purchases happening through the established first party infrastructures.

The in-game store will be upgraded with the PlayStation Store and Steam real money purchase options as part of the update in late June. At the same time, the free trial period for Alex and Guile will come to an end as we previously had stated. Players will need to either obtain the characters through Fight Money, real money, or the season pass to continue using them after the update. We hope that everyone has enjoyed throwing down with these fearsome fighters and feels inclined to pick them up after testing them out during the free trial period!

We know fans have also been wondering about how content will be priced, so we created this handy chart which breaks down the content in Fight Money and real money pricing:

Fight Money

Real Currency

New Characters

$ 5.99 / € 5.99

New Stages

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

Alternate Stages

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Story Costumes

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Premium Costumes

-

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

The premium Battle Costumes for every character released so far will go on sale this month, and will be available for purchase with real currency only. Now everyone will have access to this hunk of a man:

ko3WfKv.jpg

Story mode costumes will also be available for purchase this month, meaning you will no longer need to complete the Character Stories to gain access to the content. Story mode costumes can be purchased with either Fight Money or real currency. We’ll be breaking down all of the costumes coming with the June update in another blog this month. There may be even more surprises in store, so stayed tuned!

Future Content

Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

That’s all for now, but stay tuned as we’ll take a closer look at the many June update features in the days and weeks ahead.

TLDR: The big news is, we're going to be able to play all the upcoming DLC characters (Balrog, Juri & Urien) during the story update, and that they are scrapping the idea of Zenny (you will just use steam/PSN wallet instead).

No arcade mode ?

HotSnack

Cipher
Oops I might not have made it clear: you'll be able to play Urien/Juri/Rog when you play the story mode. You'll still have to wait for their scheduled release for the final version of them.

On the state of the game: they've been getting a lot shit since launch, so I wouldn't be surprised if the character previews was put in to appease the fans. The appeal for Urien and Juri are stronk.

On the competitive side, I think the game is fine. I still play everynight and can find matches and have fun. Tournaments are exciting, I have no idea wtf people find boring about them. People need the fake hype of neutral destroying divekicks or X-factor or some shit.

HotSnack

Cipher

JUN9

2XrdqdY.png

Hey everyone!

xOIN7Xs.jpg

9W8mblH.png

Nn00iEC.png

dCGPXub.png

jW2Z8y3.png

joJBotm.png

CiNsNzQ.png

UW5ZpfE.png

Normal Mode= 30,000 FM

Extra Mode*= 50,000 FM

TOTAL= 80,000 FM

Fight Money

Real Currency

New Characters

$ 5.99 / € 5.99

New Stages

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

Alternate Stages

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Story Costumes

$ 1.99 / € 1.99

Premium Costumes

-

$ 3.99 / € 3.99

ko3WfKv.jpg

Future Content

No arcade mode ?
No news so far.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Juri comes out on July 26

http://nichegamer.com/2016/07/21/juri-will-fully-join-street-fighter-v-july-26/

Introduced in Super Street Fighter IV, Juri is a provocative S.I.N. agent from South Korea who goes by the codename of “Spider” and worked under Seth. Juri is a sadistic fighter who enjoys violence and loves tormenting her prey, with a tendency to get involved in anything she deems as fun or dangerous. Fueled by hatred of Shadaloo and M.Bison for the murder of her parents, Juri joined S.I.N. to seek revenge and doesn’t care who she has to annihilate to achieve her goals.

Juri returns to Street Fighter V with a brand new look and some tricks up her sleeves. A trained expert in Taekwondo, Juri also possesses a ki booster called the Feng Shui Engine equipped in her left eye to aid her during battles. She focuses on flashy, fast and furious kicks, and has a wide range of ki-based attacks at her disposal. Her trademark moves are her ki-based fireball attack and pinwheel kick.

What has Juri been up to since defeating Seth? Why is she back? Be sure to check out the free story DLC “A Shadow Falls” to find out!

V-Skill: Kasatsushu

Juri builds charges up and rushes at the opponent, kicking them from behind. Juri can choose to charge Kasatsushu by holding down the V-Skill command. During this charge, she can cancel Kasatsushu at any time by inputting a forward or backward dash. Additionally, she maintains her charge level after the cancel.

V-Trigger: Feng Shui Engine Type Alpha

Juri activates the Feng Shui Engine which allows her to cancel all of her standard attacks, both in the air and on the ground, into one another. In addition, each strength of her Fuharenkyaku attacks will remain in their charged state.

Critical Art: Sakkai Fuhazan

Juri kicks out a large slicing blast towards the opponent that hits multiple times.

Juri will be available to download on the PlayStation and Steam Stores starting July 26. Fans attending San Diego Comic Con this week will be able to experience playing Juri first hand at the Street Fighter V booth, so be sure to stop by!

We will be conducting server maintenance from 9AM to 5PM PT on 7/26 (Tuesday) in preperation of the release of Juri.

Juri’s Story and Premium Battle Costume will also become available at the same time she releases on the 26th.

Summer Costumes

Also just announced at our SDCC panel, summer is turning up the heat, so what better option to stay cool than a new batch of summer themed costumes? Yes, we are happy to announce 3 more Premium Summer costumes for Street Fighter V!

In addition to the Chun-Li and R. Mika summer outfits which are already available, we have three more outfits for Cammy, Laura, and Ibuki coming your way! Each Premium Summer costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and will be available on July 26th as well. Be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores along with our new DLC character Juri when the day comes! Till next time!

Street Fighter V is currently available on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.

Gifs of her alt outfit.

tumblr_oa9djoa7Ch1usrgjso1_540.gif

tumblr_oa9djoa7Ch1usrgjso3_540.gif

tumblr_oa9djoa7Ch1usrgjso2_540.gif

:shredder:

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
In other news, you'll soon be able to buy the unlockable colors(that you could only get with the various survival modes previously) with either fight money or real money(lol).

86d42f2851.png

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a known fact that every SF female has to carter to at least one fetish.

Chun - thighs
Mika - big booty
Juri - feet

So alt costume Juri is for prostate milking people I guess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom