Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Strike Suit Zero - arcade space "sim" on Kickstarter

MetalCraze

Arcane
The game is kinda shitty.

The gameplay is too shallow, it's basically you popping marked targets and there's absolutely nothing else to the game. Select one out of 3 speeds at which you fly and twitch LMB (with an occasional RMB missile lock).
Space looks kinda crappy - think Homeworld 2 - and the uber annoying lens flares don't help. Ship/station models also look like shit. Whole visuals seem to be horribly characterless.

Yeah and there's an anime faggotry too - in case you didn't get a hint from game's title.

Music is also utterly forgettable - Paul Ruskay could do much better.

Typical indie/Kickstarter project: take some good old game (FS2), dumb it the fuck down for consoletards, release. At least if you have paid $200 or more you are eligible for all the upcoming DLC milking (Evil Publishers sell season pass for $30-50). Because the game has very little content (there are like ~10 missions or smth - judging from the mission selection where you unlock them)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Also it seems you unlock different types of weapons, not sure what criteria. I've gotten direct upgrades of the starting weapons, as well as a scatter missile and, just now, around mission 5, a fire and forget missile.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
MetalCraze said:
kinda shitty.

The gameplay is too shallow, it's basically you popping marked targets and there's absolutely nothing else to the game. Select one out of 3 speeds at which you fly and twitch LMB (with an occasional RMB missile lock).
Space looks kinda crappy - think Homeworld 2 - and the uber annoying lens flares don't help. Ship/station models also look like shit. Whole visuals seem to be horribly characterless.

Yeah and there's an anime faggotry too - in case you didn't get a hint from game's title.

Typical indie/Kickstarter project: take some good old game (FS2), dumb it the fuck down for consoletards, release. At least if you have paid $200 or more you are eligible for all the upcoming DLC milking (Evil Publishers sell season pass for $30-50). Because the game has very little content (there are like ~10 missions or smth - judging from the mission selection where you unlock them)
Pretty much. But the thing is I got it for $15, which is reasonable for the description above. I hoped the mecha mode would be more interesting, but unfortunately not.

Also, sadly, there is no detailed cockpit view as I tohught was promised in the PAX video.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I actually prefer my space shooters/sims/whatever to be more like wing commander or Freespace instead of more free roaming games like Freelancer.

If this had great briefings, interesting characters and missions design, i would be lapping this up all giddy like.

DraQ

Arcane
The game is kinda shitty.

HW1 & 2 had beautiful backgrounds.

As for the rest, it conforms to my expectations :obviously: .

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hello! We just wanted to keep everybody in the loop with details on the third patch for Strike Suit Zero, which you can update to via Steam now (GOG version incoming). This third patch adds significant changes, features and fixes to Strike Suit Zero, the most notable of which being:
1. Cockpit added.
2. Difficulty settings added; Easy, Normal and Hardcore
3. Checkpoint saves added; you can now exit the game, and resume a level from your most recent checkpoint.
4. Revised targeting system added
cockpit1.jpg

HELL-FUCKING-YEAH!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A new standalone gamemode came out for the game. It is called Infinity and it is basicly a Horde mode in space. If anyone interested, I can give 2 coupons for them, for a 25% discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom