Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion: lulz button

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Very similar to Brofist.

There are many times when I am sure the Codex wants to know what *I* think is funny. To that end I suggest we add a lulz button that added a lulz counter, almost exactly like brofist. There are many times where I would like to commend someone of their quality humor, but I do not feel a brofist is the proper recognition for humor.

Example:

I laugh at post, so I click lulz.

now the post says something like:

Anthony Davis and 3 others laughed like idiots over this post.

Whatdayathink?

Morkar Left

Good idea because I use brofists for everything, lulz included. Would make brofists more prestigious again when it's separated from the lulz :obviously:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
How topical. I just brofisted andhaira for the first time for this post:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fiscal-cliff-profit.75412/#post-2239656

And i'm kinda regretting it.

See, this made me laugh, but lo... I have no lulz button to press.

EDIT:

I can only edit this post now and forever. I can never increase or decrease my post count.

Yeah... there is the temptation to add a button for every last thing under the sun, but I think 3 would cover it:

brofist
lul
and something that is the opposite of a brofist.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You currently have 666 posts, Anthony.

That means this suggestion is hellish and its implementation will surely bring forth the Antichrist.

Phelot

Arcane
On the one hand, I think it would be cool to have different buttons like "I think this guy is stupid" or "LOL I laughed at this" and then we could compile all this data into glorious lists and determine who is funniest, most retarded, most prestigious, etc etc.

On the other hand, we have the brofist which is probably enough.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
On the one hand, I think it would be cool to have different buttons like "I think this guy is stupid" or "LOL I laughed at this" and then we could compile all this data into glorious lists and determine who is funniest, most retarded, most prestigious, etc etc.

You mean like... RPG Stats?! :eek:

There goes my post count to 667. :(

kaizoku

Arcane
Screw the streamlined popamole interface. We need something in the spirit of the golden day:

Buttons needed:
+1
brofist (for monocled material)
funny successful
shitposter
fuck that you loser
potato
brb, fapping
alt detected
kingcomrade

You mean like... RPG Stats?! :eek:

There goes my post count to 667. :(
nahh... he means achievements... for the extra degradation :smug: (tip: already implemented)

edit:
I don't really care about a lulz button, but a retardo button would be useful.
(especially for the extra butthurt)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Brofist is enough. It's there to save scrolling time, remember when people would quote each other's walls of text just to add a :salute:

EG

Nullified
We've all been trolled by Anthony . . . Or he's dropped a few points in Intelligence.

EG

Nullified
lol, I wasn't trying to troll anyone. I didn't know this was a "thing" on other forums. Really... this is the only forum I read.

You are a rare and sheltered breed, Anthony. One unlikely to procreate virtually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom