Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion - Revert to old avatar system

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
In my opinion part of what gave this forum so much character was the restrictions on avatar choices. You either chose an avatar from a Codex Approved (more or less) game, or went without one at all.

Now everyone is running amok with whatever shit they feel like. Kind of drags the place down.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Read the big thread. Avatar restrictions are not part of XenForo and need to be codded in by DU. Could be awhile.

On the plus side ChristofferC's avatar is arousing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Suggestion: Get yourself an avatar bro.

DakaSha

Arcane
It's been explained already but yes. I really agree.
Get your rance avatar so that its hard to distinguish u from vaarne aarne again (unless he changed)

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Don't really care one way or the other, except maybe those japanime avatars should be flushed down the toilet.
But as long as those fucking img sigs are gone, i'm relatively happy.

Now that I have experienced the glory of custom avatars I simply can not go back to life with out them. Surprisingly anime avatars aren't so bad actually, they work like a voluntary dumbfuck tag. :smug:

ChristofferC

Magister
Read the big thread. Avatar restrictions are not part of XenForo and need to be codded in by DU. Could be awhile.

On the plus side ChristofferC's avatar is arousing.
I think my avatar has made me visit this place even more than I used to. Little Anbellas everywhere. :)

Phelot

Arcane
I like my dead nazi from PiD very much, thank you so please allow FREEDOM.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Only if they add Dungeons of Dredmor avatars -- I like my monocled werediggle, thank you very much.

Shitposter
In my opinion part of what gave this forum so much character was the restrictions on avatar choices. You either chose an avatar from a Codex Approved (more or less) game, or went without one at all.

Now everyone is running amok with whatever shit they feel like. Kind of drags the place down.

No. Old system was lame. This way we don't see the same fucking avatars all the time. You are free to choose an avatar related to an RPG, in fact now you can have one from whatever RPG you want, not restricted to a set list. And why do you care about other people's avatars anyways? What difference does it make to your posting experience other than "durr I hate demz animez dudez".

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We could just declare a prohibition of non-game avatars and ban everyone who doesn't comply in 24 hours...

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
What about hybrid/mix/pastiche ones? Where a game avatar is 'Shopped into a non-game element?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The old system was better, it put the codex apart from every moronic forum out there.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
No. Old system was lame. This way we don't see the same fucking avatars all the time. You are free to choose an avatar related to an RPG, in fact now you can have one from whatever RPG you want, not restricted to a set list. And why do you care about other people's avatars anyways? What difference does it make to your posting experience other than "durr I hate demz animez dudez".

Restrictions on avatars are good because I don't want to see your face when I'm reading the Codex.

Antagonist

Liturgist
The wide range of different avatars helps me to distinguish individual members more easily as it's less likely now that two people will share the same one. Additionally I would be :sadface: if I had to get rid of my ninja bird.

Melcar

Arcane
I know I have that junkie stashed away somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom