Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion - Revert to old avatar system

Random

Arcane
Patron
My avatar is from a Codex-approved RPG. :smug:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
We could just declare a prohibition of non-game avatars and ban everyone who doesn't comply in 24 hours...

Poor Varg

photo32.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The old way will come back just as soon as someone codes a gallery feature for XenForo.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I like my dead nazi from PiD very much, thank you so please allow FREEDOM.

Nah, the skeleton was what completed you as a Codexian icon.

We should keep game developer mugs, though. Prestigious as fuck.

Your new avatar is unfitting for you. Your old ones had a certain level of class that kept up with your Codexian character.

No. Old system was lame. This way we don't see the same fucking avatars all the time. You are free to choose an avatar related to an RPG, in fact now you can have one from whatever RPG you want, not restricted to a set list. And why do you care about other people's avatars anyways? What difference does it make to your posting experience other than "durr I hate demz animez dudez".

This is going to sound extremely autistic - but in a way, the avatar restrictions caused you to play a role of sorts while on the codex.

phage had an anime avatar so i guess the irony speaks for itself

I have my avatar saved on my computer, I can very easily re-obtain it. I'm choosing not to at the moment. Also anyone with half of a brain knows that Rance was a bro, through and through.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What a pointless thing to complain about

What gives the Codex its "character" are the users and their willingness to fling shit at everything that deserves it (including each other), not an avatar gallery.

I always liked you, you know that CK? Ever since the first time I set foot here.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Your new avatar is unfitting for you. Your old ones had a certain level of class that kept up with your Codexian character.

Nah, my new avatar perfectly characterises both my personality and the nature of my current contribution(s) to the Codex. :P

PorkaMorka

Arcane
What a pointless thing to complain about

What gives the Codex its "character" are the users and their willingness to fling shit at everything that deserves it (including each other), not an avatar gallery.

Still, restricted avatars gave the Codex a unique, classy look, when compared to other forums which are about 50% ironic hipster avatars. They suit a prestigious, monocle wearing institution like this one.

racofer

Thread Incliner

That would be a valid argument back on old Codexia.

But 2012 marks a new beginning. We now ditch the old ways for a prosper future, for Codexia is entering a new age..... a special age....

A DRAGON AGE!

HOPW REWOUR NE!

meh

Educated
Why is racofer "Learned"? Bring back "Thread Incliner" tag! HUEHUHHEHUEHUEHUHEUEHUEHUHEUHEUAHEUAHEUAHEUHEAUEHU

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still, restricted avatars gave the Codex a unique, classy look, when compared to other forums which are about 50% ironic hipster avatars. They suit a prestigious, monocle wearing institution like this one.
9311.jpg

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither.

tindrli

Arcane
meh. what puts the rpgcodex apart from every moronic forum out there is the ability to say fuck you without mods swarming down and explaining to you how you have to behave in this wonderful and magical internet wonderland

TOTTALY AGREED!!!!!!

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatar-gallery.5668/

individualized avatars have greater social value, and most users nowadays upload their own avatars anyways. In fact, many popular social sites get along just fine without that feature.

Why are so behind newest trends, codex? Is this because you're stuck in the nineties, era when your beloved turn-based roleplaying games thrived? You need to let go and move on, codex.

TripJack

Hedonist
why in the name of allah did you pick this shitty forum software du

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom