Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion thread for codex-themed content in Wasteland 2

A statue, shrine or whatever else we can think of. It can be something as simple and subtle as having the password to an electronically locked door be "BEESFLYVERTICALLY". Or a prostitute that is strangely well-versed in latin and greek philosophy. Or finding a black cat inside a dungeon-like sewer system.

It's sad how a dumb sack of shit like me can think of a thousand things in seconds while you monocled gentlemen keep derping about the fucking statue

Why does anyone care about having a statue in the game?

For the codex I would think that a lot of dialogue content would be the priority: intelligence checks, the ability to complete the game as a mentally retarded person, having quests entirely unique to characters with low intelligence.

Because Fargo said that he would sneak in some easter egg if we raised some money. That's it. No one decided that getting a statue was more important than the chance to suggest combat mechanics, it's just what was offered to us.

Some of you seem to be under the impression we can order Fargoth around because we donated to the project, like the biodrones who seem to think that romances and emotional engagement should be in the game because they donated to the project.

We can't, and thank fucking god for that. All it would take to ruin the game is a biodrone fundraising campaign.

In the heat of desert combat, a bond deeper than friendship is forged...

I support the Homosexual Recruitment Quota for the Ranger HQ

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I could not care less, Metro.

To clarify, I'm simply voicing what I think would make a better game in general, and also what aspects of those are Codexian in nature.

Except that has nothing to do with this thread.

hiver

Eh...ah...
We cant get stuff like that. Its not given. Rewards for funds are clearly stated on kickstarter page and thats it.
Fargo said he could possibly throw us in a shrine apart from the statue. Shrine which is only given for 10,000 moneys regularly.
+ an artifact item, smaller additional stuff like digital copies, concept art, boxed collectors edition and stuff like that,... So thats all we are getting and everyone who can read knew it.

So why dont you read teepo, it seems youre capable.
I also said that the drawing is just a first draft and asked for any opinions or suggestions so i dont waste time going into detail on something that majority find wrong in some way.
READ MY F`ING WORDS!!!

Teepo

Scholar
I'd rather not, you're a terrible writer. (I'M JOKING ITS A JOKE DONT RAGE AT ME)

We can't, and thank fucking god for that. All it would take to ruin the game is a biodrone fundraising campaign.
I agree with you there. I didn't donate any money so my comments are simply take it or leave it. I'm pretty content with that.

Teepo

Scholar
I could not care less, Metro.

To clarify, I'm simply voicing what I think would make a better game in general, and also what aspects of those are Codexian in nature.

Except that has nothing to do with this thread.

Ok. I suppose you're right.

I just hope this artifact weapon isn't going to be like Fallout 3's nuke gun. The monocle that's a targeting device is not bad though.

hiver

I got this done on the second day but didnt feel i should show you fucks anything. On account of numerous comments the first one got. (three brosfists appreciated as a sign im not too far of the mark)

-deleted-

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why is there a horse in it?

Why isn't he RIDING the MHD and skewering the Popamole?

hiver

because its a direct ... er... re-imagining on a very old school piece of art

mRnACs.jpg

An engraving showing a statue of St. George slaying the dragon, by J. E. Boehm, A.R.A. St. George is here depicted as an almost-naked man riding a horse, a Roman centurian wearing only sandals and a helmet, with a cape flowing about his shoulders and a spear in his hands with which he slays the scaly dragon.
There is also a detail of the dragon in which the head is more clearly visible.
According to Mr. Boehm, we cannot be Greeks, for we have no mythology. Our art must be Christian and modern. ‘It is in vain to complain of the paucity of inspiring subjects in our age, of our ugly costume and the dearth of suitable figures for sculpture. You may regard objects and compose like Homer, but you may not inanely copy the antique. Do not return from Rome with some more bad nymphs, another Venus or another Cupid. Try to use the much-abused dress. Treat a coat-sleeve, a woman’s gown, con amore, ennoble it by art, and it will be a pleasing object in the sight of those whose prainse is worth having.’ ” (p. 335)

/

And i asked for suggestions when i made just a first sketch!
Whats an MHD and how would i draw a popamole? - ah ok, Multi headed Dick
Whats it look like?

besides, i meant to add letter to multi-dick tentacles and its "head".
head would wear the great decline inscription, while tentacles would have the rest of deadly game development sins chiseled in too.
popamole, real time, action, epic, emotional engagement, gay sex, whatever-

hiver

So desperate for recognition... Codex... :/
this would just represent the codex role in the funding of WASTELAND 2, dickus retardimus

I thought about adding the letters signifying this historic codex move above the statue, maybe in latin or something

hiver

damn... :(

- i meant what the popamole look like, above.
I guess then i dont need to bother?

hiver

Yeah what? Im going to draw a mole head sticking out of the monument or something resembling a hole in it?
That will look like a mole, not a popamole. I guess someone might connect it but thats only one aspect of bad game design anyway.
-dont have any interest to troll the dragons either-
I guess it wont be difficult to change the horse and use MHD instead though... but riding a horse does give it a more monocled aroma...hmm..

-any ideas what can serve as Great Decline?

hiver

yeah, in that version and hundred others over all christendom.
-just made one with troll riding the mhd and then my photoshop crashed... i fuckin love that-

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space

• Make multi headed Chtulhu outline less thick.
  • The light / shadow work is reallt wonky. Use just one source of light and stick with it for all the elements
  • Make the base of the statue less symmetric.
  • Where is the horse standing? It looks like it's floating.
  • Try to make the horse a little bit different. The reference you used is blatantly obvious.
  • Again, less thick outlines please.
  • Multi headed monster lacks shadowing, and Codex troll shadowing looks too cartoony.
Although I apreciate your effort, I still like better Peter's work. It's simpler and as a small game element it has the possibility of standing out better.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
-any ideas what can serve as Great Decline?
something jewish
something representing romances in video games, bonus points if homo
jennifer hepler (and/or disgusting vaginas)
a group of small retarded/malformed-looking blind beasts
or cowering polished miniatures of major publishers icons
the often used reaction images from bioware/bethesda games (excited/shocked hawke/sherpard)
:balance:
:retarded:
gaming media
particularly biased or retarded forums, kind of like opposite codex
people using or trying to use games to promote their shit
the covers of the shittiest games released lately too
cinematic experience
DLC

the idea is obviously people promoting false stuff and obviously near-universally fucking gaming up

and of course there's also your fetish : shit, living shit, smears flying towards the troll's chest for bonus points

hiver

ffs... only retards on my ignore list responding...
Must be something genius...let me look... oh for fuck sake...
:facepalm:
the shadows, the lines, all the technical details are like that because im just trying everything out!
the horse reference is intentionally obvious as is the whole fucking figure and posturing!
of course the troll looks cartoony, its a fucking cartoon!

also, i cant fucking draw fifty six different things for GD!
There needs to be one figure on which i can attach words.

Your both on ignore for good reasons so you dont have to even try answering anymore.
for fuck sake...

/

btw, im thinking a generic nosferatu as Great Decline figure, then writing main sins of game design on him... or a casket that he is rising from.
representing blood sucking and... meh... shame that publishing doesnt have some universal mascot...

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
OK dipshit. Then what's the point of showing your pile of feces draw if you don't want any comment nor critique? But keep making a retarded turd of yourself.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
ffs... only retards on my ignore list responding...
Must be something genius...let me look... oh for fuck sake...
:facepalm:
the shadows, the lines, all the technical details are like that because im just trying everything out!
the horse reference is intentionally obvious as is the whole fucking figure and posturing!
of course the troll looks cartoony, its a fucking cartoon!
:thumbsup:

let's see if he realizes what's going on or not by the end of this page
also, i cant fucking draw fifty six different things for GD!
was that directed at me?

obviously I wasn't telling you to put all that shit into one image, hence explaining what "the idea" is along with the examples, everything I mentioned is a direct consequence or directly causing what's wrong with the industry ( :decline: )

regardless of direction I must say I greatly appreciate your butthurt, you are truly tireless

hat's off to you

btw, im thinking a generic nosferatu as Great Decline figure, then writing main sins of game design on him... or a casket that he is rising from.
representing blood sucking and... meh... shame that publishing doesnt have some universal mascot...
do some multi-headed thing with poorly photoshopped kocktick & john riccitello, with the face that never remembered there to make up for the rest

there, you got some sort of mascot

making the troll look smug is also an option

pipka

Savant
There are so many opportunities in the world for originality.
Too bad most people opt for banal tracing and overused references.

hiver

Ever tried to draw a fully shaded realistic looking horse with the aim of it looking as closely as the one in a very detailed and anatomically perfect illustration?

- i didnt think so.

I sure as hell aint going to spend several days doing it on my own. I wanted it to look obviously traced. If i wanted to avoid it you would not notice it.

overused references? o_O

so many opportunities in the world for originality.
yeah? invent one.

And lets just forget i got the idea from angothron post with that drawing and actually wanted it to look as similar to that as i can make it, which is what i said from the start.
Because the subject fitted perfectly, showing a saint - st George, striking, slaying a dragon which is the devil - while codex made a significant (for codex) stroke against "publishers and game design they perpetuate" ...
Which we all hope will bring their complete downfall ... (doesnt matter how unrealistic that hope is)

i know, i know... you thought you have it all figured out...

Im sure your original example will be epic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom