Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion thread for codex-themed content in Wasteland 2

Lord Rocket

Erudite
I liked phelot's idea of a cult locked in eternal pointless battle with RPGWatch/some other bunch of fuckwits.

But since I guess RPGWatch isn't having a drive like we are, we could just have a Codex cult. It would sit around in a circle repeating it's mantras over and over again at the top of their voices, each member trying to be louder than the others. The cult would be situated inside a lightless old vault, the air heavy with the smell of the cultist's own piss, and their bodies would be hunched and pale from the lack of sunlight. They would have a treasure room that has been obviously broken into, and the oldest member of the cult would live there, and sing an endless litany of what they once had but has been stolen from them. If we get a quest, the PCs could be sent to recover these treasures only to find they have been broken apart/squandered/otherwise debased by the thieves.

pipka

Savant
Ever tried to draw a fully shaded realistic looking horse with the aim of it looking as closely as the one in a very detailed and anatomically perfect illustration?

- i didnt think so.
I did, and yes it's hellova difficult. But should it be there in the first place?
Don't give me the usual "If you criticize my chef-d'oeuvre, DIY" bullshit puffing you chest with "I'm an artist" moto. You are (probably) better then that.
Because the subject fitted perfectly, showing a saint - st George, striking, slaying a dragon which is the devil - while codex made a significant (for codex) stroke against "publishers and game design they perpetuate" ...
Which we all hope will bring their complete downfall ... (doesnt matter how unrealistic that hope is)
And I'm fine with that. Is it so fucking difficult to use the general theme, and not the same fucking pose on the same fucking horse holding the spear in the same fucking manner?
What is the horse even supposed to represent? And it's not Locue, he's cute but not on the level of Volourn/Andhaira/skyway cute.
yeah? invent one.
I'm sure your original example will be epic.
Know why I didn't propose anything yet? Because I don't invest in potential vapourware. Since I didn't give a dime, I'm not entitled to propose anything. Still it doesn't meant that I can't point a shit or something moving in shitty direction when I see one.

You could've said that "It was the most fitting and POPAMOLE-y pose to represent the current state of affairs in the gaming industry, particularly RPGs"(the accent being on pose obviously) and I wouldn't have said anything. Yet, you haven't. Instead you steamrolled you picture and tl;dr without giving any proper though. Saying to anyone who criticized you GTFO. Trully, the most distasteful matter.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Don't boitter pipka, only brofists and positives comments/ego reinforcement is what the human turd accepts. Everything else, including constructive criticism, will get answered with his trademarked feces treatment.

hiver

I did, and yes it's hellova difficult. But should it be there in the first place?
Don't give me the usual "If you criticize my chef-d'oeuvre, DIY" bullshit puffing you chest with "I'm an artist" moto. You are (probably) better then that.
Derp.
for what i wanted to do - yes it should be there.
Baring differences in tools or technique used because of which the end result will not be completely the same. (the end result that you didnt see at all btw)

Oh no, not the "youre not allowed to use these arguments because i dont like them" and then totally moronic, retarded, imbecilic inventing of me saying anything about being "an artist".

And I'm fine with that. Is it so fucking difficult to use the general theme, and not the same fucking pose on the same fucking horse holding the spear in the same fucking manner?
What is the horse even supposed to represent? And it's not Locue, he's cute but not on the level of Volourn/Andhaira/skyway cute.

look retard, how many times do i have to say that i did that intentionally?
The whole point was to make it look as similar to original so that someone might possibly recognize it. Of course i cannot draw the troll as the greek perfect human warrior since that would not look like the troll. Therefore the only remaining thing is the horse.
The horse is supposed to represent a fucking horse from that particular illustration, imbecile.
Thats also why the spear is completely the same and troll holds it in the same way.

In short - the fucking subject fits (not only because of story behind it but also because that statue should be in front or inside the codex shrine in what was once a monocle wearing utopia) and looking very similar to original is fucking intentional.
FOR TEH SAME FUCKING REASONS!
In the same way that i could have used Michelangelo`s Moses and just added a trolls face or whatever.

And this AGAIN, is just a basic second pass... not the fucking finished piece.
yeah? invent one.
I'm sure your original example will be epic.
Know why I didn't propose anything yet? Because I don't invest in potential vapourware. Since I didn't give a dime, I'm not entitled to propose anything. Still it doesn't meant that I can't point a shit or something moving in shitty direction when I see one.
No but it means you should STFU and maybe red a few prior posts before attempting to give yourself an easy ego stroke.

You could've said that "It was the most fitting and POPAMOLE-y pose to represent the current state of affairs in the gaming industry, particularly RPGs"(the accent being on pose obviously) and I wouldn't have said anything. Yet, you haven't. Instead you steamrolled you picture and tl;dr without giving any proper though. Saying to anyone who criticized you GTFO. Trully, the most distasteful matter.
moron, imbecile, dumbfuck, turd brain etc...

I told you but you just cant get over ego stroking yourself.
I dont give a fuck about what you cant understand or what exact sentence you would fucking prefer.
I wasnt asking for technical critique at all, i clearly said its just a basic second pass and i only wanted to hear is the whole thing acceptable because i wasnt sure i should put MHD in the role of Great Declline.
If DU or someone else told me it doesnt fit when i asked the first time it would have saved me a few hours of work all together.

Its just the problem of those few idiots i have on ignore that they are butthurt about it and they just wait around for some opportunity to "strike back" or something equally retarded and pathetic so they jumped on it and made total dumbfucks out of themselves.

Fucking quotes...

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
hiver, no one is angry at you. Why do you believe that?

Seriously

pipka

Savant
Kosmonaut
Polite reciprocal brofist.

Dear hiver,
Your childish pseudo-machismo is nauseating.
You can consider that I'm angry(even if it isn't the case) if it turns you on.
I will stroke again my ego and descent to your level. My sincere fuck you for your uncultured approach. Go rot in tracer hell. It's most fitting for your inability for parley in civilized manner refraining to insults when you can't write anything coherent.

Or maybe I just don't understand the true artists. Hmmm, I'm probably should ask Prosper for help.
And without further ado my ignore list is richer. Nothing of value was lost.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Here's my suggestion:

How about everyone stops fucking trying too hard because like 75% of the suggested suggestions are shit, not funny and as subtle as a brick thrown into someone's face by a weightlifting circus freak.

Quite honestly, I do believe blessed minimalism is the best choice, and simply placing the :rpgcodex: statue somewhere in the shifting sands is really the maximum we should opt for. It drives the point home, it's not that much in your face and it's the most iconic aspect of the Codex. Having it stand over a tomb of Saint Proverbius for a whole 'location' would probably be best as a tribute to our fallen comrades, and much better icon of fighting against the decline than some cheap St George calque.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Subtle is best. Random bunker, bunch of dessicated (black) corpses with lootable machetes and a dead obese guy who is identified as "Cleve" by the tooltip.

It'd be instantly recognized by any codexer and noone else would give it a second thought.

hiver

Polite reciprocal brofist.
reciprocal... thats a word i would suggest you remember.

Your childish pseudo-machismo is nauseating.[/QUOTE]
Says a guy with that avatar. Not to mention anything else.
:cry me a fucking river:

You can consider that I'm angry(even if it isn't the case) if it turns you on.
Nope. You can ask kosmonaut about coprophilia. and that M4r2di2 and the rest of my ingore list inhabitants.

I will stroke again my ego and descent to your level.
You have no fucking idea what my level is.

My sincere fuck you for your uncultured approach.
You should thank me for giving you an opportunity to wiggle out by pretending that was all and so having sa cheap way of ignoring the arguments and facts.

Go rot in tracer hell.
:lol:

It's most fitting for your inability for parley in civilized manner refraining to insults when you can't write anything coherent.
riiight. an advice.
next time if you want to have a normal conversation with someone dont use that g....
CPVVD.jpg

Or maybe I just don't understand the true artists. Hmmm, I'm probably should ask Prosper for help.
Yup, that would be your level.

And without further ado my ignore list is richer. Nothing of value was lost.
Another asshole taken care off.
LifEG.jpg

I wish all you morons on my ignore would also ignore me instead of following me around like some starving turd slurpers you are.

hiver

Unintentionally awesome - thats my middle name :p

It was a longer sentence actually but i just deleted the rest. Its hard to find real inspiration these days...
Not to mention being ze artiste!

-damn!... i could have posted Salvador dali pic with the text "you takin to me?"
damn! horse poop!

btw, i managed to make another version with MHD instead of the horse after several more CTDs and my win7 suddenly changing group policies for photoshop by themselves and fucking around with that for few hours.
And after that joyous workout for my little gray cells i come here and find that post.

-ok, enough derailing, let glorious suggestions continue!

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I think that prosper and hiver should join forces: prosper modelling characters and hiver doing the textures.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Ok, since I love making up stories, I'll take a stab at this. Here's my idea:

The Codex was a pre-war cult of devil/alien worshippers (trying to explain the codex troll statue here, open to ideas about this one) who predicted the coming of the war, or The Great Decline as they used to call it. They preached about the coming darkness but noone listened. Finally, they took refuge inside an abandoned military bunker in a remote location, in hopes of escaping the coming disaster. Unfortunately, when the Great Decline came to pass, they too fell victim to its destructive power (hey, we have 200+ pages of Mass Effect, don't act like we are somehow immune). Now, all that remains is the abandoned bunker with some skeletons, a statue of their God and the last copy of the actual Codex, their holy book describing the principles upon which they were planning to rebuild society after total destruction.

It should be simple enough to implement, just a remote small area with a statue and a book. Thoughts?

This. Now close this thread.

Lonerville

Educated
Liking the idea of something subtle & classy. In the (possibly unlikely) event the game becomes a classic: are you totally sure you want to explain multi-headed dicks and other in-jokes to your (sister's) kids in 10+ years?

Probably stating the obvious: if you're writing text, perhaps get someone (not me) to edit it slightly?

Example:

The Codex was a pre-war cult of devil worshippers who predicted the coming of the war, or The Great Decline as they used to call it.

The Codex: a pre-war cult of devil worshippers who predicted a gathering conflict once called The Great Decline.

(Apologies to Alexandros for butchering his creation.)

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I always loved the idea of a cult that did not believe that a nuclear war happened, but instead believed that the world was always like that in a wasteland state. At one point I believed that such a cult was present in Fallout but it is not. I guess I came up with it myself somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom