Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Summer Daze - light-hearted Hero-U mini-sequel

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Abdul does have a lot of friends,i am sure he is bangable in the game.

Boleskine

Arcane
It sounds like the game's two stories were split into separate titles?

The first one called "Tilly's Tale" is coming March 2021.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/summer-daze-at-hero-u/posts/2982009

Don't worry. Ifeyo isn't going anywhere. But it turns out that Wizards have a more intensive course of study than Rogues. It will take longer for Ifeyo to graduate to Summer Daze at Hero-U: Ifeyo's Adventure. More in the next update!

Wow...

rating_racist.png

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Every time a Sierra veteran makes a game, it makes me wonder whether Ken Williams actually deserves most of the credit. QFG minus Ken Williams = Hero-U. Gabriel Knight minus Ken Williams = Moebius Rising. Space Quest minus Ken Williams = SpaceVenture.

Every time a Sierra veteran makes a game, it makes me wonder whether Ken Williams actually deserves most of the credit. QFG minus Ken Williams = Hero-U. Gabriel Knight minus Ken Williams = Moebius Rising. Space Quest minus Ken Williams = SpaceVenture.

I think he does deserve a lot more credit than he has historically gotten, but to be fair his ruthless business approach also led him to put out quite a few projects that were just not ready for market (most notably QFG3&4).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Steven Kelly voices two characters in the upcoming Summer Daze at Hero-U: stoic teacher Gerhard and the cantankerous headmaster's assistant Terk.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Cyrus Nemati plays an over-eager canine chef in the upcoming Summer Daze at Hero-U! I also learn a bit about German culture and my daughter perfects the art of torturing me during recording sessions.

Boleskine

Arcane
The release date on Steam had said June 22 for a long while. Now it's estimated as October.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/summer-daze-at-hero-u/posts/3223593

Update #42
New Summer Daze alpha patch 0.0.9 for beta test backers
1fd4eab253f1ff236d0807b3c0c1324a_original.jpg

Corey ColeCreator
June 18, 2021

Summer Daze at Hero-U: Tilly's Tale alpha 0.0.9

Build alpha 0.0.9
  • On Beta channel on Steam
  • Around 80 music changes and 200 more voice lines
  • Journal button hidden; no longer available at all times
  • Journal is now available from Tilly's bedroom as a before-sleep option
  • Journal reading before bed allows the player to choose a second option as well, other choices do not
  • Journal reading before bed does not appear behind choices menu
  • Journal reading before bed can be closed instead of staying open forever
  • Journal reading before bed does not cause all further NPC dialogue to appear as interrupt text
  • Fixed issue where at various times after changing scene, the game would mysteriously pause and not unpause until the player entered and exited the menu or journal or bug report screen
Still To Do

As always, "close to the end" is never quite as close as we'd like it to be.

• We need to finish breaking out Tilly's thousands of voice-acted dialogue lines.
  • We are still tweaking the music for each scene
  • We want to launch simultaneously on Windows, Mac, Linux, Switch, iOS, and Android. We have only tested on Windows so far.
My best guess for the release date is October or early November. Making that date will depend on building and testing the non-Windows builds.

We might do an Early Access version on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux. If we take that route, we'll make it available to all of our Kickstarter backers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For whom this game is for ? Do kids play such games? Clearly it is not for Quest for Glory fans. To me it looks like game for pre teens and young kids.

For whom this game is for ? Do kids play such games? Clearly it is not for Quest for Glory fans. To me it looks like game for pre teens and young kids.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Looks disgustingly sugarcoated. I also never got into their Hero-U, simply had nothing to do with the adventurous mystery and the feeling of wonder of QfG. This one here looks like it's completely made for the young smartphone generation, with not the slightest ties to tradition at all. I find it almost revolting.

Boleskine

Arcane
Release now set for December 2021. This is the intro movie to the game:

No diversity. All white characters. Even the horse and cat were lighter tones. I think I see now why the Coles cut Ifeyo from this game and shelved him for a different one.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh man. I hope this finds its intended audience of ... little kids? I wish the Coles a lot of success but even as much as Hero-U wasn't aimed at my demographic (or completely missed the mark if it was), this is even further from it.

Although I'd be tempted if it was less kiddy and you could actually play the minotaur paladin and smack some monsters around. At least I can still replay QfG 1-5.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
When we made Order of the Thorne, in the middle of development, we thought we'd make a more "King's Quest-y" game with kind of a broader "family" appeal as opposed to QFI, which was for a more decidedly mature audience. There were rumblings on some message boards/comment threads at places where people complained about the language, "sex", and violence in QFI and KQ seemed to have fans, so we thought it'd be a good idea to try that.

The thing is... there's no "family" fucking audience that plays adventure games anymore. And the prudes that don't like more adult fare like QFI... they don't buy fucking games anyway! They don't vote with their damn wallet, and OotT ended up more cutesy than I originally wanted and it tanked compared to QFI. People like that might be vocal on social media and whatever, but they don't buy shit. And not to sound like a greedy capitalist, but to make our games, it requires capital, and we need to sell some to make more... these things don't just happen out of the kindness of artists, programmers, animators and writers hearts. So, I gotta be honest - targeting that kind of audience in this milieu seems kind of foolish to me. Something I don't intend to do again - even OotT's sequel is going to change things (It looks like we're going to make an OotT special edition to be more in line with how the original plan went, so that tonally the sequel matches up, because Fortress of Fire isn't as cutesy-King's Quest-y, it's a Fantasy game, and it's not like we injected tits and fire and blood everywhere, but it's definitely less "let's hold hands and skip through the forest!" than it's predecessor.)

I cannot play these character anons anons! I cannot! Can you give me cute heterosexual human male WHITE main character anon anons! Can you! Thank you anons! You are all good anons!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom