Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summer Game Fest + Summer of Gaming 2022 - June 1st to 21st

Codex Year of the Donut
the real reason microsoft bought so many studios is so that they can match the output of a single older studio

Gargaune

Magister
What a literal shit show. Every time I alt-tabbed back to it, it was another candy-coloured, stylised, Snarky Joss Whedon-written crapshoot set to an atrocious soundtrack. A couple of exceptions, but a stark minority. I know it's normal for the current adult generation to "not get" the incoming generation's culture, but zoomer aesthetics are objectively terrible. Only sat through this embarrassment for Todd.

P.S. Pentiment is what happens when Josh Sawyer plays South Park and decides to Balance everything about it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Hope everyone had as much fun shit talking and laughing at the show as I did.

Best part - Reading the dex
Worst part - Starfield character creation

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
T38SdpV.jpg

fdtsbDN.jpg

Machocruz

Arcane
Yes medieval Rimworld is interesting. And I liked the look of Lysara: Summit Kingdom. I've never played a single city builder before, so take that as you will.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Todd's presentation had a couple of moments, like the first big creatures shown are mudcrabs spacecrabs :lol: and then there was that "see that ship? you can fly it" moment :lol::lol:

And yeah, it's 2022 and Bethesda still hasn't learned how to do proper seamless loading, something a bunch of German nerds did in Gothic (2001 :lol::lol::lol:), along with other advanced features for the time such as NPC schedules.

Overall it was :lol::lol::lol::lol: out of :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Venser

Erudite
Couldn't sit through the PC presentation even tho I looked forward to it. Looked like absolute garbage so I quit early.

Derringer

Prophet
All I saw in Capcom's stream was dogshit, Monster Hunter and VR garbage. And the usual announcing ports for games they already fucking ported.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So Fallout 4 with space ships is the most interesting thing to come out of this shit show? Is that where we are here?

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
So Fallout 4 with space ships is the most interesting thing to come out of this shit show? Is that where we are here?

Yeah.

It's possible I'm just getting older and am disconnected from what's hip in games, but it feels like the last two-three years have been lacking - even from just a blockbuster appeal, not even taking into account the actual quality of the games.

Like... it's all remakes or remasters.

Feels like 20 years ago the show would have been "new Zelda, new Metal Gear, new Halo, new Final Fantasy, new Metroid, new Resident Evil" etc - not speaking to the quality of the stuff, but what's the point in having a big ass Summer festival for games reveals if the spectacle isn't there? Now we got... what Resident Evil and Last of Us remakes and Starfield.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom