Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summer Game Fest + Summer of Gaming - E3/Gamescom 2020 online replacements - May 7th to August 31st

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Final show of the day:

I'm through watching streams for today, will check up on it later.

Well, I'm certainly glad Ragnar Tørnquist still finds work.

retinoid

Savant
I can't take these conferences anymore.

wTYNJjC.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guerrilla Collective Day 2:

What will the D:OS 2 announcement be?

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Clicked on Guerrilla Collective's stream and I see this:

510eab750fa00acdeaa6f5360d4dfab4.jpg

I mean, coincidence, I guess, but da fuck?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today's IGN Expo:

Publisher Showcase:
The Guerrilla Collective Showcase Day 3 (9am PT)

Pre-Show Charity Stream (11:15am PT):
Portal 2 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by CantEven

IGN Expo #4 (12:30pm PT):
Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, Previews

Reveals:
Unannounced Game Reveal - Exclusive Reveal Trailer
Unannounced Game Reveal - Exclusive Beta Reveal Trailer

Trailers:
Humble Bundle Indies Showcase
Ninjala (GungHo Entertainment) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal
Vigor (Bohemia Interactive) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal

Gameplay:
Corepunk (Artificial Core) - Exclusive Gameplay and Interview
Destroy All Humans! (THQ Nordic) - Gameplay and Interview
Fight Crab (PLAYISM) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal and Gameplay
Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller) - Exclusive Trailer Reveal, Gameplay, and Interview
Recompile (Phigames) – Exclusive Gameplay Interview
New World (Amazon Game Studios) - Exclusive War PvP Gameplay, Developer Interview
Shing! (Mass Creation) - Exclusive Developer Gameplay Walkthrough
Solasta Crown of the Magister (Tactical Adventures) - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer and Gameplay Interview
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (THQ Nordic) - Rehydrated Exclusive Early Access Livestream
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (THQ Nordic) - Rehydrated Exclusive Gameplay Interview
Scarlet Nexus (Bandai Namco) - Exclusive Trailer and Gameplay Interview with Game Director Kenji Anabuki

Special Icons Interview:
Tony Hawk tells us about the origins of the upcoming Pro Skater remake, and how it might answer hardcore fans' prayers.

Check Out This Game! With Tom Marks:
30XX, Massive Damage - Exclusive Gameplay
Boyfriend Dungeon, Kitfox Games - Exclusive Gameplay

Post-Show Charity Stream:
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by Rubbertoe64

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Publisher Showcase:
Baldur’s Gate Gameplay Live Stream (10am PT)

Publisher Showcase:
D&D Adventure and Product Reveal (12pm PT)

IGN Exclusives, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews:

Trailers:
The Falconeer (Wired Productions) - Exclusive Story Trailer
Drake Hollow (The Molasses Flood) – Exclusive Gameplay Trailer and Announcement

Gameplay:
Remnant: From the Ashes (Gunfire Games) - Gameplay and Interview with Gunfire Games
Humankind (SEGA) - Exclusive Gameplay Interview
Unannounced - Developer Interview and Exclusive Gameplay Deep-Dive

Special Icons Interviews:
Chris Avellone, writer of Fallout New Vegas and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, discusses the magic ingredients in a great RPG.
John Romero, creator of Doom, and game designer Brenda Romero, discuss RPGs and shooters in 2020.

Publisher Showcase:
EA Play LIVE (4pm PT, with IGN pre- and post-shows)

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Some minor events this week before the Cyberpunk 2077 showcase.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Pre-Show Charity Stream:
Sekiro Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by LilAggy

Publisher Showcase:
Marvel's Avengers WAR TABLE stream (Square Enix) (10am PT) with IGN pre- and post-shows

IGN Expo #5:
Exclusive Reveals, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, Developer Interviews, Previews

Trailers:
Cartel Tycoon – Exclusive Trailer Reveal
Dreamscaper (Afterburner Studios) - Exclusive Gameplay Feature Deep Dive
Shadow Arena - New Hero Exclusive Trailer Reveal
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One (Frogwares) - Exclusive Behind the Scenes Look

Gameplay:
Surgeon Simulator 2 (Bossa Studios) – Exclusive Gameplay
Fall Guys - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer
No Place For Bravery (Ysbyrd Games) - Exclusive Gameplay and Interview
BioMutant (THQ Nordic) - Exclusive Gameplay and Experiment 101 Interview
Overcooked! 2 (Team 17) - DLC Exclusive Announcement and Reveal Trailer, and Exclusive Gameplay Reveal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Last day of IGN's Summer of Gaming:

Publisher Showcase:
CD Projekt RED Livestream (with IGN pre- and post-shows)

Charity Stream:
Resident Evil 7 Speedrunner Challenge (by Marphoria) - Pre-Show Charity Stream

Gameplay:
Torchlight III (Perfect World Entertainment) - Gameplay and Interview with Series Creator Max Schaefer

Special Icons Interview:
CD Projekt Red's Marcin Blacha discusses how the studio imbued The Witcher series with meaningful choices and iconic consequences.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Microsoft June event never happened: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...lose-out-june-without-a-big-xbox-20-20-moment

Microsoft will close out June without a big Xbox 20/20 moment
Series S reveal currently set for August.

In early May, Microsoft laid out its plans for Xbox 20/20, a series of "monthly moments" to reveal details of its next-gen consoles, services and games. May's 20/20 moment was the episode of Inside Xbox which focused on third-party games. July, meanwhile, was pegged as when we'll see next-gen games from Microsoft's own studios.

May's event had its critics - with Microsoft admitting it had "set some wrong expectations". But what about June? A day away from the end of the month and with no further mention of Xbox 20/20, it should perhaps come as no surprise to hear Microsoft does not have a big reveal still tucked up its sleeve for tomorrow.

All Microsoft said publicly on its Xbox 20/20 plans for this month was a vague comment from Xbox marketing exec Aaron Greenberg that the "June news will be done differently than [an] Inside Xbox show".

Microsoft has spent June recapping Xbox Series X details in a series of Xbox Wire blogs. The content has largely been about features we knew about already, such as game optimisation on Xbox Series X, Smart Delivery, and... a round-up of everything else announced so far. The month's biggest Microsoft "moment" was, arguably, the surprise it was killing streaming service Mixer to work with Facebook Gaming instead. It's fair to say that was not Microsoft's intended next-gen marketing beat.

So what happened here?

Eurogamer understands June was, months ago, when Microsoft had planned to reveal its second next-gen console: the lower-powered Xbox Series S, codenamed Lockhart. Microsoft is still to officially acknowledge this console exists, although public evidence of it is now getting increasingly difficult for the company to ignore.

The original plan was to showcase the Xbox Series S as part of Xbox's big E3 2020 show, so the proposition of a cheaper next-gen option could be explained properly, sat alongside the graphical powerhouse provided by the beefier Series X, both playing the same next-gen games.

But when E3 was cancelled and remote working hindered progress on various internal game projects, it became clear Microsoft could no longer show both its boxes and next-gen games all at the same time. It had to rethink the timeline for all these plans, and instead opted to spread its reveals over a longer timescale - something the company publicly branded Xbox 20/20.

Earlier in the month, Venturebeat's Jeff Grubb reported Microsoft was now saving a big June announcement for August (which is when Eurogamer also understands Xbox Series S will finally be revealed). This prompted a carefully-worded response from Greenberg stating the company had "not pushed anything back", and that its next big digital show was still July.

The argument here seems to be whether Series S was still a June announcement for Microsoft after Xbox 20/20 was detailed. The lack of any other big reveal would appear to suggest so, though I've heard from others in Microsoft who say not - that June was always supposed to be a quieter month for announcements, and the idea of a "moment" for June was always a little out of step with reality. I also understand Microsoft's June plans were made quieter still as the company shuffled its cards yet again to accommodate the real-world events dominating headlines.

Of course, Microsoft cannot control global events and can adapt its marketing schedule however it pleases. But the lack of any update this month on its June Xbox 20/20 "moment" has left a hole in its regular-sounding announcement schedule - and one it has not publicly addressed. Microsoft declined to comment further when contacted by Eurogamer.

After a lacklustre May and largely non-existent June, all eyes are on Microsoft's July Xbox 20/20 show to finally deliver - and August, for the reveal of that second box.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Looks like there's going to be one more day of IGN's Summer of Gaming today, including an awards show.

Two interviews that were only uploaded now for some reason:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

IGN Exclusives*, Trailers, Gameplay Demos, and Developer Interviews:
Airborne Kingdom - Exclusive Gameplay Trailer
Fallout 76 - DLC Roadmap
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Exclusive Deep Dive
Madden NFL 21 - Gameplay Interview

Pre-Show Charity Stream (1:15pm PT):
Resident Evil 3 Speedrunner Countdown Challenge by Hazeblade
Summer of Gaming 2020 Awards and After Party (3pm PT)

Opening Act: FUSER demo with Zoe Schneider - 3:50pm PT

After Party featuring musical performance by Galantis (DJ Set 4pm PT)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Xbox Game Festival: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/01/summer-game-fest-demo-event-xbox/

Summer Game Fest Demo Event Coming July 21 to an Xbox One Near You

GameFest.png

If you’ve been lucky enough to attend E3, PAX, gamescom or another show in the past you know that above-and-beyond the spectacle of these shows, one of the great joys of attending a marquee gaming event is being able to get your hands on games – lots of games. Getting to try them out early and discover lots of news games is awesome.

While we can’t recreate the experience of attending a big show entirely, we can help you get your hands on lots of cool new games early. As announced by Geoff Keighley as part of Summer Games Fest, Xbox is proud to reveal that our Summer Games Fest Demo Event will be live on Xbox One from July 21 to July 27.

We’ll have more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games available to check out for free! Look for the special Game Fest Demo tile on the Xbox One Dashboard that week to find the collection of available demos.

A few things to keep in mind:
  • These are not normal “game demos.” Typically, the demos you see in our Demo channel are created after the game is completed (or nearly completed) and represent the final version. Many of these demos are early, and some are for games that won’t be out for quite some time. We’ve never done this before; what that means is that you’ll get to experience these games early – some way early – which is awesome, but you should also note that these games will continue to evolve and be polished as they near release. In other words, think of these as akin to “show floor demos” and not necessarily indicative of the final product. And speaking as somebody who has worked in the industry for a while – that’s not a bad thing! In fact, being able to check out games early and then see how they evolve is freakin’ awesome!
  • These demos will only be up on the Xbox Dashboard for a week. Some might be re-published to the Demo channel later, but many will simply evaporate at the end of the week, so make sure to check them out while you can.
  • The developers would love to hear what you think. Hit them up on social media or through their websites. If you like the game – tell them! If you have constructive criticism, they would love to hear that too.
As I mentioned, we’ll have a lot of games – somewhere between 75 and 100 when the dust settles. We’ll announce the full list closer to July 21 but here are some highlights:

risTales.jpg

Cris Tales: A gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future — all on one screen as you play!

DAH_Preorder_004_4K.jpg

Destroy All Humans! The cult-classic returns! Terrorize the people of 1950’s Earth in the role of the evil alien Crypto-137. Use an assortment of alien weaponry and psychic abilities in the remake of the legendary alien invasion action adventure. Reduce cities to rubble with your flying Saucer! One giant step on mankind!

Haven_Chase.jpg

Haven: share the journey of two lovers escaped to a lost planet in a desperate attempt to stay together. You play as Yu and Kay, gliding over the grasslands of a shattered planet. The demo will give you a glimpse of the beginning of the adventure.

Hwllpoint_Screenshot_1.jpg

Hellpoint: An intense action RPG taking place on Irid Novo, a derelict space station soaked in an intoxicating dark sci fi atmosphere. Fight dreadful creatures, face the Cosmic Gods and unravel their twisted story. Should the challenge be too great, play with a friend in local or online coop

with-UI-2020-07-05-screen-2.jpg

Skatebird: Grind on bendy straws, kick-flip over staplers, and carve killer lines through cardboard and sticky tape parks. Above all else, skate birds try their best!

TheValeTitleComp.jpg

The Vale: Shadow of the Crown: An audio based, action-adventure game that unlocks the full potential of 3D spatial sound. The Vale sets out to breathe new life into medieval combat and provide a truly novel experience for visually impaired and sighted gamers alike.

Raji_KeyArt.jpg

Raji: An Ancient Epic: An action-adventure game set in ancient India. A young girl named Raji has been chosen by the gods to stand against the demonic invasion of the human realm. Her destiny? To rescue her younger brother and face the demon lord Mahabalasura.

WelcomeToElk.jpg

Welcome to Elk: A biographical adventure set on an island like no other, where every character you encounter has a story to tell. From the weird and wonderful to the dark and desperate, all the tales told on Elk are based on true stories of life on the road less traveled.

And that’s just a small taste – so many great games to discover and enjoy. I know I’ll be diving into a bunch of new games that week but if you get a chance to check it out, we’d love to hear what you think. If you like this program and would like to see us do it again hit us up on Twitter: @ID_Xbox (not all the games in the program are ID@Xbox, but many are). Stay tuned to Xbox Wire to learn more about what Team Xbox has planned in July and have a great summer of gaming!

Also Devolver:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom