Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Support group for new users trying to understand buttons

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As already stated over and over and over again, this place has far too much obscure lore to keep track of. One of the most interesting and suggestive mystery has to be the lore surrounding buttons and their meanings: what are they? Where do they come from? Where are they going? Are they allies or enemies?

As a new user, I always find myself wondering about the meaning of buttons and asking questions like "what's in a button?". Questions that nobody around me is able to answer. This is why I think we need a support group for new users trying to navigate the complex world of buttons (a world that is certainly beautiful, but a world full of risks and dangers, where it's easy to get lost forever).

In my case, I could use some help to understand which buttons are actually entirely positive and which ones have an hidden mean meaning behind them. At first, I thought that
rating_lulz.gif
was a strictly positive button, but then I found out that it can also be used as a "ahah, you are a dumb dumb and your opinions deserve to be laughed at". Even the most unsuspected buttons can hide an harmful meaning, take
e9pGgox.png
: usually it means "I share your opinion on the subject", but put it under a post that says "I think I should kill myself" and it's no longer a friendly button. Every button has its secrets. I thought that
informative.png
stood for "I learnt something useful thanks to your post", but usually I see it under the "this morning I took a giant dump" kind of posts.

We could start this support group by helping me with the
honkhonk.png
button. What does it stand for? Does it mean "ahah you did a funny" or "you're a clown please die" ? Please help me, not knowing its meaning paralyzes me and prevents me from clicking on it.

Also, please, don't report me for
honkhonk.png
farming.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
As already stated over and over and over again, this place has far too much obscure lore to keep track of. One of the most interesting and suggestive mystery has to be the lore surrounding buttons and their meanings: what are they? Where do they come from? Where are they going? Are they allies or enemies?

As a new user, I always find myself wondering about the meaning of buttons and asking questions like "what's in a button?". Questions that nobody around me is able to answer. This is why I think we need a support group for new users trying to navigate the complex world of buttons (a world that is certainly beautiful, but a world full of risks and dangers, where it's easy to get lost forever).

In my case, I could use some help to understand which buttons are actually entirely positive and which ones have an hidden mean meaning behind them. At first, I thought that
rating_lulz.gif
was a strictly positive button, but then I found out that it can also be used as a "ahah, you are a dumb dumb and your opinions deserve to be laughed at". Even the most unsuspected buttons can hide an harmful meaning, take
e9pGgox.png
: usually it means "I share your opinion on the subject", but put it under a post that says "I think I should kill myself" and it's no longer a friendly button. Every button has its secrets. I thought that
informative.png
stood for "I learnt something useful thanks to your post", but usually I see it under the "this morning I took a giant dump" kind of posts.

honkhonk.png
button. What does it stand for? Does it mean "ahah you did a funny" or "you're a clown please die" ? Please help me, not knowing its meaning paralyzes me and prevents me from clicking on it.

honkhonk.png
farming.

That specific button is clownworld. A right wing meme, that the (((SJWs))) are ruining the world with their insane policies, and one needs humor to endure it.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/clown-pepe-honk-honk-clown-world

It started more harmless but /pol/ decided to drag it super far right and make it one of these faux hate symbols. You will see it usually gets used when SJW insanity is linked somewhere.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

:M = emphasis, indeed, interesting, hmm..., worth considering, pirates, tongue-in-cheek, mischievous

9Vw0hwR.jpg

NG
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_______
rating_brofist.png
________
cat.gif
CN

LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE

decline.png

NE​

The parrot is a creature both majestic and versatile.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

rating_lulz.gif
e9pGgox.png
informative.png

honkhonk.png

honkhonk.png
farming.

That specific button is clownworld. A right wing meme, that the (((SJWs))) are ruining the world with their insane policies, and one needs humor to endure it.

It started more harmless but /pol/ decided to drag it super far right and make it one of these faux hate symbols. You will see it usually gets used when SJW insanity is linked somewhere.
I've had an internet connection (and a lot of spare time) for the past 10 years, so I'm not THAT MUCH out of touch. But I still don't know how
honkhonk.png
gets used around here. Usually, whenever I try to say that probably the gyth in BG3 won't cause western civilization to collapse with her unfaithfulness I get mass-rated with
cuck.png
and not
honkhonk.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

:M = emphasis, indeed, interesting, hmm..., worth considering, pirates, tongue-in-cheek, mischievous

9Vw0hwR.jpg

NG
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_______
rating_brofist.png
________
cat.gif
CN

LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE

decline.png

NE​

The parrot is a creature both majestic and versatile.
This is EXACTLY the kind of help I was looking for. I think I figured out the logic behind the parrot, but both
cat.gif
and
rating_shittydog.gif
still elude me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Shouldn't brofist be positive since it's the default 'like' here?
Think of the venerable Brofist as being the city of Sigil at the center of the Outlands. Technically true neutral, but nonetheless a positive term of approbation.

This is EXACTLY the kind of help I was looking for. I think I figured out the logic behind the parrot, but both
cat.gif
and
rating_shittydog.gif
still elude me.
cat.gif
= CN, mercurial, fickle, kitty, feline, attractive female
rating_shittydog.gif
= CE, Undertale, Mephistopheles (Faust), doggy, canine

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

rating_lulz.gif
e9pGgox.png
informative.png

honkhonk.png

honkhonk.png
farming.

I've had an internet connection (and a lot of spare time) for the past 10 years, so I'm not THAT MUCH out of touch. But I still don't know how
honkhonk.png
gets used around here. Usually, whenever I try to say that probably the gyth in BG3 won't cause western civilization to collapse with her unfaithfulness I get mass-rated with
cuck.png
and not
honkhonk.png

The clown pepe references the honkler meme. It's usually rated when a post references some facet of insanity that is CURRENT_YEAR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom