Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SureAI's new project: Enderal - The Shards of Order (Mostly about Enderal SE now)

Codex Year of the Donut
i have seen some combat ovehail mods for this, does it worth the 5 bucks to spent on skyrim?
really enjoyed nehrim when it got out but its world looked and feeled barren.
I despise skyrim combat and this was still worth playing. I played as a summoner btw.
Easily one of the most underrated modern RPGs.

razvedchiki

Erudite
ERYFKRAD i know you will recommend anything with 2handed melee in, but could you give me some more feedback?
just reaaally dont want to give even a peny to bethesda for no good reason.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ERYFKRAD i know you will recommend anything with 2handed melee in, but could you give me some more feedback
Regarding what, precisely? I played some of this a long time back and that run got halted because my laptop died.
In terms of exploration this game does a lot of things right, in terms of combat it's merely tolerable, and writing, while better than whatever Bethesda spouted, well, it ain't planescape.
I am not sure what you want feedback on or why you're asking me of all people. I mean wtf.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Would have been cool to see this released on Skyrim SE so i can run it in VR. Skyrim VR's combat is much more tolerable than pancake version.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would have been cool to see this released on Skyrim SE so i can run it in VR. Skyrim VR's combat is much more tolerable than pancake version.

SE is also a lot more stable due to the 64 bit engine.

There are some ad hoc guides for converting Enderal to SE I've noticed, but it sounds like it has a lot of issues.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

The final patch for Enderal (there will be no SE port). And they probably will announce their commercial game this year.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/933480/view/4542410836184487562

Enderal Patchnotes 1.6.4.0 (Final Patch)
Enderal Patch 1.6.4.0 is now available. Here are the patchnotes.

Walk blessed,

the new patch 1.6.4.0 is now available! This patch will be the final one for Enderal, because we no longer have the amount of free time we used to have to keep on patching it! This also means that we will not create a port for Skyrim Special Edition.

SureAI is currently working on a new, commercial project which will hopefully be announced this year. So stay tuned for news and keep an eye on our social media channels.

Twitter:
@SureAITeam

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SureAI
Discord: https://discord.com/invite/zdJyuHV

Furthermore, the Korean localization is now available on Steam.

Steam will automatically download and install this patch for the English and German version. It needs to be translated for other localizations of the game (currently Simplified Chinese, Italian, Russian, French, Spanish, Japanese and Korean) and it will be available as soon as the responsible translation teams finished their work.

Be careful, the patch notes contain spoilers to some extent.

Thanks to community member overdev who provided fixes to this patch.

Stay safe and have fun playing!

Tech:
  • Fixed that the damage dealt by the talent Archaic Might was reduced by armor directly, very often resulting in dealing 0 damage on the highest talent rank.
  • (Set of the Tracker) Fortune of the Tracker now properly increases Rhetoric when being worn.
  • Disenchanting Sublime Garments now grants the proper enchantment.
  • Fixed that some bows would disappear when they were dropped from the inventory.
Sound:
  • Fixed two sound files.
UI:
  • Fixed various typos.

vazha

Arcane
How many members of the original SureAI team are involved in this new game? Wasnt there a massive schism or something?

Reader

Scholar
They split. But the saddest thing is that Enderal's project lead and writer Nicolas Lietzau seems not involved in any project and writes Enderal books for now.
This info is kinda old though and things might have changed. I'll be happy to be mistaking.
I'm still eager to see what game sure ai will present though.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I played Enderal for a bit, and I appreciate that it's well made, but I couldn't really get into it personally. For one thing, one has a double-image when playing it - one still has the vague sensation that one is playing Skyrim, so all the Enderal-specific lore just seems jarring. I had the same problem with Nehrim - even though there, again, I could agree that it was an amazing mod.

For another thing, I just find the Enderal lore itself a bit - dull. I dunno, maybe something is lost in translation, but the names and concepts just don't do it for me.

But I would definitely say that anyone interested in RPGs should give it a try, absolutely.

Reader

Scholar
I just find the Enderal lore itself a bit - dull
Yes, the game throws names and concepts at you in the beginning. Then you are presented with a very fat book which is just a first of ten. I stooped playing at that point.
But there was something in that game so i returned to it. When i reached the first village things have settled and clicked with me. The rest was such a good journey that i'm gonna replay it at some point.
Yes, despite the fact that the ending is determined
Also the game has such a great gloomy world which only germans can create. Not that we have many.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They split. But the saddest thing is that Enderal's project lead and writer Nicolas Lietzau seems not involved in any project and writes Enderal books for now.
This info is kinda old though and things might have changed. I'll be happy to be mistaking.
I'm still eager to see what game sure ai will present though.

I mean, the good part about SureAI's mods wasn't the writing but the level design.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For another thing, I just find the Enderal lore itself a bit - dull. I dunno, maybe something is lost in translation, but the names and concepts just don't do it for me.

Nah. I'm German and I played Nehrim and Enderal in their original German versions before the English translations even came out, and the lore is just as meh in its original.
It's not like the Gothic games, where the writing is simple, colloquial, and down-to-earth.
Nehrim and Enderal are filled with pseudo-intellectual atheist takes and everything is about this abstract religious stuff like blah blah gods existed but they were bad and therefore atheism is good or some shit. It's all highly esoteric, but not in the intriguing way like Morrowind, but in an obnoxious and annoying way.

I liked a lot of the side quests and minor characters but the main plot is just retarded.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Nah. I'm German and I played Nehrim and Enderal in their original German versions before the English translations even came out, and the lore is just as meh in its original.
It's not like the Gothic games, where the writing is simple, colloquial, and down-to-earth.
Nehrim and Enderal are filled with pseudo-intellectual atheist takes and everything is about this abstract religious stuff like blah blah gods existed but they were bad and therefore atheism is good or some shit. It's all highly esoteric, but not in the intriguing way like Morrowind, but in an obnoxious and annoying way.

I liked a lot of the side quests and minor characters but the main plot is just retarded.

Yeah I felt the po-faced German atheist vibe too. It felt a bit like I was at a club of Young Hegelians listening to a lecture by Bruno Bauer :)

Reader

Scholar
Nehrim and Enderal are filled with pseudo-intellectual atheist takes and everything is about this abstract religious stuff like blah blah gods existed but they were bad and therefore atheism is good or some shit. It's all highly esoteric, but not in the intriguing way like Morrowind, but in an obnoxious and annoying way

Yeah I felt the po-faced German atheist vibe too
Or maybe you are too devout

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Nehrim and Enderal are filled with pseudo-intellectual atheist takes and everything is about this abstract religious stuff like blah blah gods existed but they were bad and therefore atheism is good or some shit. It's all highly esoteric, but not in the intriguing way like Morrowind, but in an obnoxious and annoying way

Yeah I felt the po-faced German atheist vibe too
Or maybe you are too devout

I'm an agnostic, and I was an atheist in my youth, so it's not like it's alien to me. I just find atheists to be a bit tone deaf and heavy-handed proselytizers sometimes. It's like with Christians, you know, some of them give Christianity a bad name :)

vazha

Arcane
Quests & dialogues were well-written in Enderal, same goes about the overall setting. The main quest though was a weak point in an otherwise very solid game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm wondering about their new game. What kind of a game it will be? Now that they have to make a game from scratch, and based on Linkedin listings for both SureAI and ColossusArc (SureAI's commercial branch. It seems they don't use this name anymore), they don't seem to have much of a team to make an RPG, let alone a big 3D RPG.

Maybe announcement this year will be about Kickstarter? Or hopefully they're aiming for more smaller game for the first project. Or maybe they're actually doing something more RPG thing at Grimlore Games, where their project lead and lead writer are currently working at. (FYI Grimlore's next game also will be a top-down game according to job postings.)

Sharpedge

Prophet

Nehrim definitely does the, "Religion bad," thing but if anything, Enderal is an inversion of that. The driving threat throughout the majority of the game is a group of fanatic atheists. Mind you it could definitely be written better, but its not pushing an anti religion narrative the way Nehrim was. It was also written by a different person to Nehrim, which I think is the reason why so many of the core aspects of Nehrim's lore got retconned in Enderal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom