Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Survey of the Reddit Fallout fanbase (results inside)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
A redditor named leemcd56 made a survey in the different subs of Reddit that cover the Fallout franchise. You can see the results in this page. Post your thoughts and feelings on the results.

Frankly, I'm amazed at the love Fallout: New Vegas got. In particular the graphics chart. Two conclusions I draw from this:

1) People genuinely recognize New Vegas as the superior Fallout game.
2) OR, the FO3 and FO4 lovers have moved on from the franchise.

It's also incredible how closely the love chart for FO4 matches that of FO3. It really shows people who love FO3 love FO4 in the same measure.

However, these observations of mine mean very little, as there's no direct relation between these results. A proper correlation would be something like "95% of the people who said they love Fallout 3 also love Fallout 4". A good example of this fallacy of mine is the following: "The people who side with Caesar's Legion are the same people who play Wasteland 2", based just on the fact that the charts are similar.

Anyhow, I want to hear what you have to say about this.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
why are you on reddit?

Ever since my computer is in plain view of my parents, I'd rather view a site that's safe for home. Also, a lot of times I can take part in good discussions, though sadly, 90% of the time it's me explaining to some retard why FO4 is a shit RPG.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Preferred Fallout game style

Pseudo-isometric 2D 169 6.9 %
3D FPS 2297 93.1 %

:retarded:
At least they like NV more than Bethesdashit, that's really all one can ask for from redditors.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
69f656a4963f5548dd4e00a8e612c6fd.png

All you need to know about this survey and its participants.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Based on the rest of the results from this poll I really think Davin is underrepresented in the companion section.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Honey, Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game.

Being your first Fallout game is not excuse for retardation, though. Eventually I found New Vegas and saw the light.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Fallout 1 and 2 are Fallouts. The rest is just dumb shit for the unwashed masses, including your FNV. Welcome to the "RPGs" dude, there's another one or two I can recommend, try Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Great stuff. Oh gee I'm such a nerd that I even know these two titles, tee-hee.

And maybe try something from this great recommendation vid:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now it is time to out edge the edgers by pointing out that only Fallout is the true Fallout, Fallout 2 is for the unwashed masses along with Fallout: NV and all the other non-original Fallouts.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I understand the sentiment when people say F1 is good, while F2 is some pop culture product. There is some truth to that. I love them both though, but I understand.

Mustawd

Bester and Morality Games throwing down some truth bombs ITT.

Lucas, FO3, in any form, is not a Fallout game. You played something that sorta looked like it and NV is a good game. But it's not Fallout.

typical user

Arbiter
Preferred Fallout game style

Pseudo-isometric 2D 169 6.9 %
3D FPS 2297 93.1 %

:retarded:
At least they like NV more than Bethesdashit, that's really all one can ask for from redditors.

I will get some hate for that but I think 3D FPS is a step forward in the franchise just like GTA 3 was a leap by advancing into 3D TPP. I would love to have a Fallout with the care to different builds and details like in VTM:Bloodlines but in Fallout universe with same level of graphics and fps mechanics like in Fallout 4. Something like STALKER successor. Isometric is good for tactical turn-based shooters, Fallout was more about story, the exception being Fo:Tactics. You can create memorable places and great stories in FPP too, it is more expensive but I believe it also gives you more freedom since you can create more complex areas, puzzles, characters and have much more details than just have it written in contextual window. That's why I play games, they allow for interaction, isometric games have their limits.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
This is exactly what I was talking about. Fallout 1 and 2 are Fallouts. The rest is just dumb shit for the unwashed masses, including your FNV

No offense, but your opinion is retarded, so I hope you are actually attempting to bait me.

Also, the

le Fallout is a smart RPG

meme has to die. It's not difficult. It's not particularly complex. It isn't even "smart", as long as we understand "smart game" as "something only smart people can play". Most of the time the line is drawn by "I like isometric games" or "I don't like isometric games". The only difference between New Vegas and the first two games is the engine. Other than that, New Vegas is a much more complex than Fallout 1 is. I know, because I've played both. And the only advantages Fallout 1 has over New Vegas is:

a) The engine that makes character skills matter more in certain cases.
b) Low Intelligence dialogue thanks to lack of voice acting.

Other than that, New Vegas all the way, baby. Ring-a-ding.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've probably played the original Fallouts before any of you Cuckdex faggots. FNV is a fucking amazing game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who cares which is "best". Everything done for the series post '98 is shit one way or another. That's enough knowledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom