Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Surviving the Aftermath - post-apocalyptic colony builder from Paradox

Alpharius

Scholar
So its shit right?

Alpharius

Scholar
Was planning to play this a little while waiting for the other game's release and delete it immediatley, but that was not to be (fuck Microsoft and their dx12 :argh:).
Ended up wasting far more time on it than i should have. :negative:

So, its pretty much the same shit as Surviving Mars. It doesn't actually take any effort to survive even on max difficulty, not even sure if its possible to lose other than on purpose.
Was overrun by the raiders in the beginning but they just damaged some buildings, took some resources and gone away.
Then i haven't built enough water storage and half the colonist died of thirst during the heat wave (which doubles water consumption or something - so water production was enough for the other half of the colonists). I thought the other half will rebell, but nope, only took a few days to restore the population with outposts.
Then there is this toxic fallout and contagion things but the didn't do anything noticable. (Don't even need medicine to cure radiation poisoning or covid57, no long term effects from them either.)
Food is never a problem and after opening trade with the other cities its possible to trade it for all the other resources as well.

Logistics is as shitty as in Surviving Mars. All the resources will be taken to the nearest warehouse so if you dont build the fields and hunter cabins near the cookhouse, the cooks will spend most of the time running to and from the warehouse to get the food ingridients. Its possible to forbid to store certain types of resources in one warehouse but then the hunters and farmers will do the running around instead of cooks.

Other than that its pretty similar to frostpunk on game journalist difficulty with no time pressure of any kind and unlimited resources.

Dropped it after the next stage of the main quest required me to build some kind of research outposts all over the map to study technologies for doomsday bunker, and i've calculated that it will take me about 50 days to get enough when i've played 120 or something days total before that point.

Btw the main quest is kinda retarded:
- So we've just emerged from these shelters and bunkers after the apocalypse and built us a self sustaining city, what do we do next?
- Lets build the best underground bunker in the world!

:0/5: not worth pirating.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are After the collapse, the alst haven and endzone, A world apart better? Because it seems there are quite a few post apocalyptic settelement builders.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are After the collapse, the alst haven and endzone, A world apart better? Because it seems there are quite a few post apocalyptic settelement builders.
It's the best of the bunch IMO but your mileage may vary. It's got a similar vibe to Surviving Mars and I love that game.

Norfleet

- So we've just emerged from these shelters and bunkers after the apocalypse and built us a self sustaining city, what do we do next?
Makes sense to me. You emerge onto the surface, see how fucked everything is, and then decide THE FUTURE IS UNDERGROUND. DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Makes sense to me. You emerge onto the surface, see how fucked everything is, and then decide THE FUTURE IS UNDERGROUND. DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!
This surface expedition was just a mean to get a betterer bunker!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom