Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Weasel
All joking aside I think all bosses level scale, not sure about regular mobs but I think they may as well.

And in DM mode they can be buffed, debuffed, disappeared or brought in at will by DM.

To clarify:

Mortiel, on 18 Oct 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

I have been asking numerous times so we Can manually spawn boss monsters as DMs and be able to customize them.
So far nothing has been done to make this possible. And no one answers if this is gonna be made or not.
I feel my account here is total waste of time and efforts to bring a nice feature to the DMs arsenal.

[NS]Ash Community Manager

Your request was logged and placed on a long list with a multitude of other requests (I moved this one onto the list myself).
It's not that folks are ignoring you or your requests, we just have a lot going on pre-launch and will focus on new features post-launch.

When it is decided what those new features are, I'll let you know.

I've asked about this in nearly every twitch they've had since HS2. Dan O'Leary explained to me that they didn't give us the bosses to customize because the boss encounters run on unqiue scripts that only function in the boss room.

Presumably, they intended to give us the (slightly) more challenging fights than the rank and file creatures we sweep through. I hope, at least, that they can later give us versions of the boss creatures without the extra scripting so we can use them at will in the dungeon.

sstacks

Arcane
To clarify:

OK so to clarify in response:

If you have enough threat built up as a DM, you can bring in some pretty nasty monsters at any time.

So they could be considered "boss" as in their challenge, but not "boss" as in checking off a quest. You have to set that before the module or dungeon crawl or what have you begins.

Weasel
While digging up those quotes I stumbled on some more hilarious apologism from the fanboys on the SCL forum. That place is comedy gold.

There have been so many vague promises of improvements to come that there were a number of requests for a "post release roadmap" to clarify what would actually be worked on. Unsurprisingly, it hasn't arrived yet so:

Keeping fingers crossed. Tomorrow is the official launch so today will absolutely be a post with the road map. They wouldn't go back on what they said..would they?
"A roadmap will be released closer to launch that will provide some additional clarity on what players can expect following the live date for the game."

http://www.tentonham...and-ash-sevilla

Technically closer to launch could mean slightly after it too...
Close simply means in "the ballpark of". Before, after, to the side, adjacent, near...

It indicates that it MAY be before launch, not that it will. Just an FYI.

Again, I'm all for a roadmap coming out, but if it doesn't make it out before launch, I'd like to see less indignant threads condemning N-Space for more "broken" promises they didn't actually make.

Weasel
Zorba do you have some sort of fetish for stalking bad games ? Just let it go dude,let it go:lol:

I've been trying to go cold turkey, but keep getting drawn back in. Wasted some time when it was first announced trying to get honest answers to questions about the mechanics (as an old DnD grognard who was skeptical) .... after that the slow motion car crash became quite fascinating.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Well cheers for lets play Shane, but it looks bloody dull and clunky from what you've shown so far, got no real hook or owt.

Can't believe that they're having
the Prince of Demons, Demogorgon
be even an objective. Fucking ridiculous.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
OK so to clarify in response:

If you have enough threat built up as a DM, you can bring in some pretty nasty monsters at any time.

So they could be considered "boss" as in their challenge, but not "boss" as in checking off a quest. You have to set that before the module or dungeon crawl or what have you begins.
Can someone explain to me the whole "Treat" idea?

So, as a DM who creates a dungeon, you can't simply put a huge ass high level Dragon in every room ? Why not? Because it would be too dificult for the players to clear? And is there a requirement that players should be able to clear all and every dungeon created or what? Is it not the players that can choose which dungeons they would like to run and simply quit it if they see that there some stupid bullshit going on. Hell, add to that the ability to give a dungeon a review score by the players and players will quickly downvote the ridiculous dungeons yet the DM will be able to create whatever he wants, no matter if it is retarded.

Or is it that DM must be present during the time that a dungeon is ran and he will place some monsters in real time when his "Threat bar" fills up enough?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Can someone explain to me the whole "Treat" idea?

When someone does something good - it's nice to encourage that behaviour with a small token gift or sign of appreciation, whether a tiny candy or chocolate or maybe a small gift.
This can commonly be used on dogs for a desired behaviour or other lower intelligent mammals like Liberals.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Works on birds too. When our lass has been nice i'll be nice to her, not spit on her face while we're fucking or choke her too much, maybe even talk to her for a minute or so about whatever bullshit she's interested in.

sstacks

Arcane
Or is it that DM must be present during the time that a dungeon is ran and he will place some monsters in real time when his "Threat bar" fills up enough?

That's pretty close to it.

As the party you are DMing succeeds, you get threat you can use to spend on monsters, buffs to monsters, traps, etc. It can only build so high, and the monsters and traps and etc cost more or less depending on their difficulty.

You can remove monsters or debuff them etc to gain threat, and if a PC dies you lose threat. Etc.

It's a way of letting the DM be spontaneous but also keep things somewhat balanced.

sstacks

Arcane
SHALL.... WE...... PLAY.... A.... GAME....?

Not saying you should set aside your preferences, just saying it is an enjoyable game with a certain mindset. I love "pure" RPGs, but also love D&D and am enjoying playing around with SCL.

If I had my druthers, all D&D cRPGs would still basically be gold box versions from SSI :P

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not saying you should set aside your preferences, just saying it is an enjoyable game with a certain mindset. I love "pure" RPGs, but also love D&D and am enjoying playing around with SCL.

If I had my druthers, all D&D cRPGs would still basically be gold box versions from SSI :P
The mindset of enjoying bad games?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
it's a cool game...
Ugh. It's a cheapo knock-off of NWN2 OC with less D&D in it than you can fit on a match head. I mean, thanks for taking one for the team with your letsplay, dude, and all that but your attempts to like this game are disgusting. It's like eating from a garbage can and telling yourself you're enjoying the exquisite taste. For your own sake - snap out of it!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No review copy, no Codex review. These indie devs must be taught a lesson.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
What followed now was genuinely the most exhilarating half hour of my time at Gamescom. I embarked on a journey, generally having a hell of a time.

they already have your overwhelming positive opinion to slap on the box.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
As long as they specify that it's about the live DM mode, I give them my blessing. It's too late for the regular box cover now, but there's still plenty of time for the GOTY box.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No review copy, no Codex review. These indie devs must be taught a lesson.
The real lesson they deserve is a Roxor review. :lol:

BTW, I saw in the LP that there is weight allowance for the inventory. This game already has one advantage over PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom