Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Indie Swords and Sorcery - Underworld: Definitive Edition

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Saxon1974, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Yeah this game is amazing. I can't remember the last game I played that had this level of exquisite itemization. Finding a Magic Sling and an Apprentice Robe is like a huge upgrade. And everything is handplaced and semi-hidden for the explorers to find. It's magical guys, truly. Besides itemization, the combat is oodles of fun, leveling up is so simple yet so fun and rewarding, and you feel the power difference as you get stronger, faster and smarter. It has all the perks of a good dungeon crawler as well as apparently having 3 towns? Wow, can't wait to see more! I'm kind of on a binge of this one at the moment, while cycling thru a handful of games that I'm also playing. This one though, truly remarkable and special. Imo. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Cryomancer Arcane Glory to Ukraine

Cryomancer
    I liked a lot the game but would't put it above M&M VI~ṼIII.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    I still have to play those for the first time Meredoth . If they're *that* good then what a treat that will be! :) Thanks for the heads up.

^ Top  
  4. unseeingeye Cleric/Mage Patron

unseeingeye
    Strap Yourselves In
    They are that good, at least I think so. Might & Magic 6 is such a peculiar game that is fascinating, addicting, and engrossing with one of the ugliest aesthetics ever seen that is yet somehow transcendent. I'd have to include it in my all-time favorites.

I'm excited to check this game out too, I still haven't gotten a copy for myself but will be doing so very soon, if not tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    Project: Eternity
    Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words.

Sovereign is still TBA and I've been finishing up Iron Ruler, the TB strategy title I fall back on when I get writer's block and such.

TBA, but still definitely coming out some time soonish.

Thanks again for all the support!

Charles

Dorateen Those screens take me back and bring a tear to me eye :D

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Glad to see you're still alive and kicking, Charles-cgr! I'm looking forward to seeing your next projects when they're ready.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Hey guys! :) Loving this game but have a question. Does Paladin cap Strength at 11? For the last 2 or 3 levels I can't raise my Paladin's Strength stat past that. Seems kinda weird to cap so low but maybe it's a bug or something? Any clues here? Thanks! :)

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Contagium Learned Patron

Contagium
    Charles-cgr

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. boobio Arcane Trigger Warning Shitposter

boobio

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I can't wait for this game to come out in 2032!

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Can someone please answer this so i can actually play? My female paladin is stuck at 10 Strength and it doesn't allow me to raise it when she levels up. Gotta be a bug or something right? If so, any way to fix? Oh, her Spirit is capped at 10 too! Weird.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    I don't suppose the character has a disease or other affliction suppressing the stat? I don't recall if that was a feature, but I also do not think there was a cap on raising ability scores. But I played an earlier version.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Nope, no disease or anything that I can see. It's been like this for 3 or 4 levels now, so if it is something like that I have no idea how to remove it. I do think it's capped because both Spirit and Strength won't go past 10. I dunno, seems weird for sure but, would really like to hear from Charles-cgr on this!

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Sacibengala Savant

Sacibengala
    You can't handle strong independent paladin womyn. If she gets more than 10 STR, she will leave you.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Anyone know what's going on? I am hesitant to play further before getting this answer. It's unfortunate too because I am really enjoying the game. Ah well. Anyone else?

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    Did you go through the steam forum to check if someone else had a similar problem?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    oh God, it's because she's a Gnome! lol. D'oh. All other races are capped at 20 for stats except the Gnome which caps at 10 for STR END & SPI. Wow. Well that kinda ruins my game at this point, lol. Not sure I can really continue, I'm already in Moltenore. Ugh, so that's why at least. It was answered on the Steam forum, thanks Darth Canoli for the tip to check the forums. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 2
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Contagium Learned Patron

Contagium
    The prospect of a gnome Paladin is just hilarious to me. Glad you figured it out

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Reason being, I generally like to make odd combinations when the game allows it :P . Usually if I know beforehand that a Gnome can't go past 10 STR, i'd never roll one as a Paladin! Lol. Ah well. What do u guys suggest here? Can I replace her or something, or any ideas?

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    Fluent Apparently you're in the 20-30K experience range? The game ends around 250K so it seems feasible to create a new pally and just grind a quick lvl4-5 before resuming.
    Or you can try to make it to the end. Compensate with high ACY and SPD. You can't wear plate, but
    Show Spoiler
    you'll find dragonscale armor with no STR restriction
    . It seems feasible to me, although slightly more challenging.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fluent Erudite Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Looks like i'll continue then. Gonna have the fastest, most accurate Paladin out there! :D Thanks Charles-cgr , appreciate the help! Onwards! :)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    I see Laura's been doing OK after all :)
    I recreated the forums on the olderbytes site. We had some good discussions going before it got swarmed by bots. Hopefully I can keep it clean this time. phpbb seems more secure now. olderbytes.com/community
    Iron Ruler is just about ready and the SSUDE rework for NVIDIA is done. I'm looking into putting together some material to show progress on Sovereign.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.