Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yeah the aesthetics are great. Now let's wait how they'll fuck up the UI and gameplay so that we can all rage ourselves into coma.

Murk

Arcane
I look forward to Excidium LXIX's views on it.

God I hate post-processing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Typical to go full retard with new engine's gfx capabilities. It'll get toned down eventually.

But it'll still be the same game you've already played.

Mustawd

In one of their interviews or Q&As they mentioned you'd be able to turn all the effects off.

otsego

Cipher
BEST. FUCKING. TRACK IN THE ENTIRE GAME, just FYI. It is awesome.

I prefer the second one, mainly because of the awesome ending. But the first is more faithful.

As for this SS1 remake... looks good, lot of over-the-top shininess but I remain cautiously optimistic

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
RPGCodex is just a bunch of pretentious grognards playing at running the dosbox. But the world left them behind long ago. Decline is the future. Bethesda's dumbing-down corpus is far in advance of theirs, as is Unity engine's post-processing. And Codex's ethical inflexibility has allowed big AAA-companies to make regress in areas Codex refused to consider.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

This looks good. And all the fucktards that think the world revolves around them and whine about bloom and depth of field can go fuck themselves.
If the game will be shit, these will not be the reasons behind it.
From the video, the aesthetics are right and this is a rare thing to accomplish these days and a very important part too.
But the average forever butthurt moron can't compute that.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
more liek

sq4_zombie.jpg

zombies look too cartoony. It worked with old graphics just fine. But it doesn't work in HD.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

This looks good. And all the fucktards that think the world revolves around them and whine about bloom and depth of field can go fuck themselves.
If the game will be shit, these will not be the reasons behind it.
From the video, the aesthetics are right and this is a rare thing to accomplish these days and a very important part too.
But the average forever butthurt moron can't compute that.

Sorry to say, but you have shit taste.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
I think they've done a surprisingly good job of translating the textures and geometry into something that looks functional and "realistic". I recognized all the areas immediately. I don't really get the horror vibe they're going for, the first SS was never really a horror game. Overall it looks better than I expected, especially for a pre-alpha, but yeah they really need to tone down the post-processing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks okay too me, I am with Kingston here. The horror thing... eh. Modern audiences are easily spooked. I mean, Amnesia is considered scary these days. Doesn't surprise me.

Hybrids look like shit though; they should fix that. Can't take them seriously.

Definitely not a fan of the excess post processing (hopefully can be turned off), but otherwise it looks good. I get the nice claustrophobic space station feel, and I too recognize all of those areas.

Dunno where you guys are seeing the excessive horror vibes. There's, what, a handful of extra blood splatters? Original SS had some horror elements (starting on the first level, then IIRC level 3 and the pods had plenty of horror), so so long as they aren't going for that aesthetic on every level it should be alright.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/14/11224752/system-shock-remaster-video

"We've kind of shifted the tone from the original game of a horror adventure to more of a horror experience," Kick says, naming Dead Space as an influence on the revamp of System Shock, which will otherwise maintain the original's story.
:M

"It's a little too archaic to hold a lot of people's attention," he says. Making use of modern conveniences and redesigning for contemporary sensibilities is thus a priority for the development team.
:M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know if it's really shifted to a horror experience or if they just cut the video to make it seem that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom