Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i will only believe it when we will be able to play it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
How stupid would I be to preorder the big box?

Cartman has an ability to be honest and just at the same time? What in the world have I missed in this world!?

What was I saying? Oh yes, preorder guys, preorder!

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
I am genuinely curious as to what "PC Modding Support" means in that context? Does it mean that they will include an official modding API, add Steam Workshop support, or make sure files are not encrypted?

ciox

Liturgist
I am genuinely curious as to what "PC Modding Support" means in that context? Does it mean that they will include an official modding API, add Steam Workshop support, or make sure files are not encrypted?
Not only are encryption keys for Unreal games all over the internet, but editing the blueprints in JSON format is a huge pain in the ass and doesn't take you very far.

Someone who gave a shit would make sure that you get enough Unreal project files and C++ files that you can write a real mod, if not actually compile the entire game from scratch.

potatojohn

Arcane
The demo is a bit dark for me. Is there no way to adjust gamma or am I missing it?

Otherwise it seems fine.

wishbonetail

Learned
Played SS1EE not long ago for the first time and loved it. Theres no way theyll stick to the original. I bet there will be some kind of quest compass or dodgerolls or someshit idk.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Did you miss the whole debacle about them deviating too much, getting fan backlash and then backtracking? Obviously the game feels different but they haven't gone too ham on the changes.

toughasnails

Did you miss the whole debacle about them deviating too much, getting fan backlash and then backtracking? Obviously the game feels different but they haven't gone too ham on the changes.
They "backtracked" due to lack of funding and manpower, their previous attempt was a grounds up reimagining with AAA(ish) pretensions.

kangaxx

Arbiter
They "backtracked" due to lack of funding and manpower, their previous attempt was a grounds up reimagining with AAA(ish) pretensions.

I have no doubt that all of the above contributed to the decision, but even if they had limitless funding and manpower I don't think they'd have continued down that route post-backlash. By their own admission they were also stuck in creative hell.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3458370

March Update

Welcome back Hackers,

The finish line is approaching and we will be closing out backerkit at the end of this month, so make sure your survey is updated. If you have sent an email for Backerkit assistance, we will be getting to it asap, but feel free to bump your email with any updated information needed for your survey!

https://system-shock.backerkit.com/

If you still need assistance, our support email is open:

support@nightdivestudios.com

New Screen Shots
An updated look at cyberspace:

3d123e0962f852df39bd3d9a17d3151f_original.jpg
e0a207af6172e7a245a4ce52f38cd206_original.jpg
d76f3479f6d25d7ad36eb5adc138220e_original.jpg

More Storage:

8383a512ff73b8a7d01613938ac19cd1_original.png
1be20e60213f06d2754f67137b5d9816_original.png
3adaf96e2824df402ebba00f93d15e74_original.png

Studio News
Many Nightdive Studios titles are ready to play on Steam Deck:

We are also participating in the Standing with Ukraine Humble Bundle, please think about supporting it!

Support Here!

912992e1b4bf2f4650a9c959967eee67_original.jpg

Be sure to follow us on:

Nightdive Twitter

System Shock Twitter

Nightdive Facebook

Nightdive Discord

Nightdive Instagram

See you next time!

e52b8631b037b554493a24249daba6e4_original.gif

Lemming42

Arcane
Flogging a dead horse, but: it's too dark!!! I can't see anything!!!

What's wrong with having lights on?

Favourite part is that the ceiling lights do actually seem to be functioning fine, so the darkness isn't down to SHODAN shutting down power or some shit like that. That's just how the storage area is meant to look. People are carrying heavy crates and operating dangerous machinery in those conditions. Nothing like driving a forklift around when you can barely see the other end of the fucking room.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I personally really like how dark it is and the atmosphere it creates.

Favourite part is that the ceiling lights do actually seem to be functioning fine, so the darkness isn't down to SHODAN shutting down power or some shit like that. That's just how the storage area is meant to look. People are carrying heavy crates and operating dangerous machinery in those conditions. Nothing like driving a forklift around when you can barely see the other end of the fucking room.
Could be explained as emergency power, or as a power saving state.

People should try Arma 3 now.

?

Regarding latest screenshots - it's so cluttered and tiled at the same time. Worst of both worlds.

And that cyberspace looks like inside Winamp visualization. Why not go with PC inside aesthetics instead? Like tunnels are wires then rooms are programs with some architecture. This feels like poor man's Descent and it does not have to be Descent, it can be simpler looking and still be interesting.

Painful.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
People should try Arma 3 now.

?
It's just so big and impressive, I know it's a different genre but other indie games should see how far behind they are. System Shock was great 30 years ago but today it's less so, and an amateurish remake of a 30 year old game should feel uneasy today.

But they keep getting away with it. That shitty empty Amazon MMO releasing in a world that already has EverQuest and 28 expansions full of content, should not be possible. Too many devs get away with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom