Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock 2 Mod Guide

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's no point, really. The game doesn't look that different - the effect is very subtle. Bloom effects doesn't mean Oblivion, folks.

But fine, here's a screenshot of SS2 with bloom effects enabled:

0bv84Xy.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You're right, that actually looks nice and un-garish.
EDIT: no wonder, since it didn't use Bloom. The new editied pic however shows some sign of garishness.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Registrations are closed, can this guide be found anywhere else ?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Registrations are closed, can this guide be found anywhere else ?

Not that I know of. The site is experiencing massive traffic, for obvious reasons. It'll pass...eventually.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Has anyone tried this with the GOG version of yet?

Also,post more screens!

You know, I'm actually not sure that screen I posted actually has bloom effects enabled. Let me take one of my own.

EDIT: There. Replaced the original one.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Has anyone tried this with the GOG version of yet?

Also,post more screens!

You know, I'm actually not sure that screen I posted actually has bloom effects enabled. Let me take one of my own.

EDIT: There. Replaced the original one.

At one point there was a high texture, high poly mod in development. Is this that mod or does it have similar work? Haven't had time to investigate it and now the site is borked.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
At one point there was a high texture, high poly mod in development. Is this that mod or does it have similar work? Haven't had time to investigate it and now the site is borked.

There are all sorts of mods that fit that description. This screenshot includes some of them, yes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just using the faithful texture mods and of course the GOG patched version, trying to keep it OG style.

Modron

Arcane
It is nice to relive a time where the approach of bloom was something interesting and not a weapon used to blind consumers.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

I downloaded SS2Tool 5.0 and pointed it at my GoG install of SS2.

I hear people also going ons about SHTUP, which seems like an abandoned (?) High Res Texture Pack.

Now we have these goo and enviro tex packs. Does anyone have a definitive list without redundancies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom