Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://otherside-e.com/wp/games/system-shock-3/

Take a survey here. They're asking your preferred platform and interest in VR: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJMH7H6

pVuaBJZ.jpg

Lwlt6Ko.png

806m5iz.png

http://www.othersidetease.com/strawberry.php

Found this in the web page source code. :M (Yes, I'm ruining the fun.)

Anyway, cautiously :bounce:

(If this game turns out to be more of FPS-ish than RPG, please move this thread to General Gaming.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ash

Arcane
I am waiting untill it will be remade in Unity with modern graphics, gameplay and design philophy.

:shunthenonbeliever:

Troll or ignorant decline-enabler detected. It's one of the finest examples of the medium to date.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
System Shock 2

Release date:
August 1999

Project budget: $1.7 million

Project length: 18 months

Team size: 15 full-time developers, 10-15 part-time developers

Now, Otherside Entertainment is like 6 people which are already working on another challenging project - Underworld Ascendant.

Their progress on that project is underwhelming (check below) and that's why I don't think they will actually finish either one of these projects.

Ash

Arcane
Just let us dream, if only for a little while...

Robert Jarzebina

So you think it will be RPG?

15420891.gif

poor bastards here

in b4 dumbed down MODERNIZED, REVISED AND REIMAGINED for consoles and mobile

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Why can't they just leave System Shock alone...

Dunno man, I'm kinda excited. I hope we are given the best gear early on. I hated how in previous games you had to have high skill and research requirements to wield the most powerful items.

potatojohn

Arcane
Dunno man, I'm kinda excited. I hope we are given the best gear early on. I hated how in previous games you had to have high skill and research requirements to wield the most powerful items.
I guess you didn't actually play SS2 then, since you -were- given the best stuff in the beginning, and the researched and high skill stuff was mostly worthless.

potatojohn

Arcane
"they"? Which "they"?
Pretty sure we're talking about two different developers here.

Night Dive Studios: System Shock Remake
Otherside Entertainment: System Shock 3
Those, and also

EA (Dead Space)
2K (Bioshock)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom