Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tactics: Age of Affliction - King of Dragon Pass-like RPG-strategy game?

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Just stumbled upon this while browsing for games similar to King of Dragon Pass. Screenshots look appealingly similar to KoDP. Has anyone here played it? It released on early-access December 3rd (2019) but I can't find any information on it outside of the steam page.

Demo is available and is, apparently, EXACTLY the same as what's being sold, according to the developer. So not much reason to pay anything at the moment. I'm not really in the mood for being a a crash-test dummy right now though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Nothing about the combat anywhere (pics, videos, forum), doesn't smell good.

I can also feel a Banner Saga wanabee vibe and games which tried that didn't end very well.

Let's hope i'm wrong.

I'm not going to be the dummy though, where's Fluent when we need him ?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Formerly known as Magnolia:

Some details here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66588.0

Tactics: Age of Affliction
formerly Magnolia

My Discord
All Imgur Gifs
My Twitter

What started me on this project

I've been working on this project, since early October '18, (after Roguebreaker, and Build Up The Base before it), and I'm ready to start sharing stuff with you guys! Right off the bat, if you want to talk to me about the game, or get a free pre-alpha Steam key for it, join my small discord I started, and message me there! I'd love to hear what you think!

I've been playing Dominions 5 pretty casually over the last year or so, and I loved getting into these huge battles where all these stats came together in very impressive ways, and I thought that I could make something similar, with a much smaller scope and some user experience improvements. One thing led to another and now I'm basically making a 2D combat simulator, where you set up a bunch of orders in advance and then watch it play out. The set up is as follows:

The Premise

The world is angry and cyclical, dark souls style. so every XX years, this huge ragnarok event happens and wipes everything out. You wake up and need to get your shit together to rebuild civilization and stop the thing from happening next cycle.

The idea is that you'll have a shitty camp, go out out on an excursion with a few buddies, fight some dudes, gather their bones and gear, craft some new upgrades for your base, unlocking new gear, and levelling up your dudes. The idea is that you're in a constant loop of going out of base for resources, then spending those resources on gear and unlocks.

The trick is that you don't have much active control of anything, you set up itineraries for your parties to go to, and before battle, you set up Tactics so that your dudes attack someone if they're weak, or cast a fireball if they're vulnerable to fire. Say you schedule a trip to the Plains of Smapply to get some sweet green ooze for your homies at home, you might get ambushed by some dick trolls and need to fight them off, then you decide whether you want to go back to base to heal poor Tommy, or to continue as planned and potentially sacrifice the guy for a few more bits of ooze to slap on your sword.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks!

Setting seems like a good fit for a KoDP-like game.
Dick Trolls sound horrifying :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom