Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tainted Grail: Conquest Roguelike Mode Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Awaken Realms Digital; Tainted Grail: Conquest

Tainted Grail, the Arthurian board game digital spinoff with ridiculously good graphics from Polish studio Awaken Realms Digital, was released on Early Access last June. Although intended to be a full-fledged story-driven RPG, it initially launched only with a roguelike sandbox mode called Tainted Grail: Conquest. Apparently that turned out so well that in November the developers decided to split it off as a separate product, which left Early Access today. Here's its launch trailer and the accompanying press release:

WROCŁAW, Poland -- May 27, 2021 -- Awaken Realms has released the deck-building roguelike RPG Tainted Grail: Conquest, available today on PC via Steam and GOG.com for $19.99 with a special 10% discount. Following an exceedingly positive early access period, the official launch brings three new classes, full English voiceover support, a revamped tutorial, and a range of enhancements to improve UX, balance and more.

Tainted Grail: Conquest is set in the immersive, dark fantasy universe of Awaken Realms’ hit board game Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon. The game combines narrative-driven RPG elements with roguelike deck-building gameplay, offering a unique twist on the genres. Players set out on the cursed island of Avalon, where an ever-changing map filled with deadly enemies awaits. With a deep character customization suite across nine distinctive classes of heroes plus dozens of skills, runestones, and items available, each playthrough brings a unique set of challenges.

Features:
  • Experience a unique blend of deck-building roguelike and story-driven RPG.
  • Complete quests, save NPCs and build your village to help unlock new passive abilities that carry over from run to run.
  • Travel through corrupted lands inspired by Arthurian legends and learn the secrets behind ancient menhirs, Fore-dwellers and death itself.
  • Create endless combinations with nine distinctive classes, 460 cards, 340 passive skills and 50 masteries at your disposal.
For more information, join the game’s community on the Awaken Realms Digital Discord.

As stated, Tainted Grail: Conquest is available on Steam and GOG for $20 with a 10% launch discount until next week. The story-driven RPG part of the game, now called Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon, is supposed to launch later this year and will be free for people who bought Tainted Grail before the split.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I backed the kickstarter all in pledge for the boardgame (approx $300). Me and a buddy put in about 20 hrs of grindy repetitive play. At least they included a free copy of the PC game, including Conquest. I don't even want to download it. Any codexers play the board game and the PC game?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Why rogue-lite card games are so popular?

What is the secret for Dev love for them?

Infinitum

Scholar
Pfft. Beat the fourth boss on my third blind run. Unlocked Summoner with on my first run, sentinel on the othr and.. turns out Sentinel breaks the game once you add any amount of permanent armor to it. No need to really add stuff to the starter deck apart from the pox arrow quiver and then upgrading/thinning individual arrows and barriers as they become available. Casually throws up 100+ barriers and proceeds to give the enmy a -100 armor debuff every other turn or so. With some planning having a one-hand deck should be plenty possible once you stumble onto the witch.

I do enjoy the general atmosphere though, terrible Unityesque graphics nonwithstanding.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The combat reminds me of Disciples. I am looking into this game as I type!

Zeriel

Arcane
Pfft. Beat the fourth boss on my third blind run. Unlocked Summoner with on my first run, sentinel on the othr and.. turns out Sentinel breaks the game once you add any amount of permanent armor to it. No need to really add stuff to the starter deck apart from the pox arrow quiver and then upgrading/thinning individual arrows and barriers as they become available. Casually throws up 100+ barriers and proceeds to give the enmy a -100 armor debuff every other turn or so. With some planning having a one-hand deck should be plenty possible once you stumble onto the witch.

I do enjoy the general atmosphere though, terrible Unityesque graphics nonwithstanding.

I've played a lot and don't get the Sentinel hype. Barriers expiring every turn until the 20 reforge is so meh, and the arrow/ultimate charge economy is really restrictive compared to some other classes. Guess it's just some classes appealing to some players more than others, but I find Wyrdhunter for instance to be way more face-rolly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom