Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tale of Immortal - chinese open world sandbox - now available on Early Access

kreight

http://lightning.games/en/games/5

Tale of Immortal is an open-world sandbox based on Chinese mythology and cultivation. You will grow to become immortal, conquer the beasts from the Classic of Mountains and Season, make your choices carefully and grasp your own destiny.

Doesn't support English at the moment. Might be coming later.

Last edited by a moderator:

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What is cultivation? Seems to be a concept employed regularly in chinese fiction and games. Is it related to the german concept of bildung?

kreight

What is cultivation? Seems to be a concept employed regularly in chinese fiction and games. Is it related to the german concept of bildung?

Cultivation (修炼 xiūliàn) (修真 xiūzhēn) (修仙 xiūxiān) – the process of improving health, increasing longevity, and growing powerful. This is accomplished by cultivating True Essence and training in martial & mystical arts. Usually, the ultimate goal of cultivation is to become an Immortal or attain godhood.[1]

In a broader sense beyond the Divine Realm, cultivation is not only by using True Essence, but rather by using other forms of energy such as Astral Essence and Spirit Essence.

These three energies are the foundation of cultivation in the 33 Heavens and is the basis for all life.

https://martial-world.fandom.com/wiki/Cultivation

kreight

Westerners are ever so practical. Rationality is in american blood.

Chinese have their spirituality. Something like Japanese have.

Take this japanese game Sekiro. It's basic as fuck. Parry, dodge. Parry, dodge. Do this 1000 times and you'll master it. It's like "The Book of Five Rings" by Musashi - "Learn one thing to learn 10 thousand things" or something like that. Kaizen for you motherfuckers.

Ironmonk

Augur
Like I said in the Dyson Sphere Program, the chinese are coming for video games, steadily they are going to dominate the market while westerners developers are preocupied with woke shit.

The quality and quantity of games in development/releasing is improving at a quick pace.

As much as it hurts for me to say, that is incline.

kreight

It's not only about chinese. Devs from other parts of the world are also rising. Eastern Europe for example. One of the reasons - it's cheaper to make games there.

Uncreation

Savant
Honestly i would rather play a well made chinese game than a sjw filled western one. If this hurts woke western game devs and we don't have to see that garbage all the better, i welcome our new chink overlords if that's the case.

Like I said in the Dyson Sphere Program, the chinese are coming for video games, steadily they are going to dominate the market while westerners developers are preocupied with woke shit.

The quality and quantity of games in development/releasing is improving at a quick pace.

As much as it hurts for me to say, that is incline.

Perhaps, but have the Chinese made a single quality video game yet? Right now, with Western video games complete wrecked on the AAA level by being all business, zero art, and lately also the SJW crap, minus the occasional indie effort, most of the interesting development is done in Eastern Europe and Japan.

kreight

Steam chart Feb 8-14

1. Valheim
  2. Tale of Immortal — 鬼谷八荒
  3. Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition
  4. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  5. Rust
  6. Valve Index VR Kit
  7. HuniePop 2: Double Date
  8. Cyberpunk 2077
  9. Sea of Thieves
  10. Dyson Sphere Program.

PrettyDeadman

Is it good? How many social credits do I get if I purchase it on steam?

kreight

Is it good? How many social credits do I get if I purchase it on steam?
English is not supported. To be fair Steam has been launched in China a few days ago. It has like 50 or so games available. Perhaps this is one of them.

Playing it now. Shit is addictive.
Grindy, and combat is a messy 2D hack and slash. At higher tiers whole screen is full of shiny shit so I don't even know where to aim, but I'm still putting hours into it.

Harthwain

Magister
How is this in the General Gaming section and not General RPG?

The game seems to have an official English language support now, but the reviews are very mixed (53% out of ~187 000 reviews), apparently because the developers have shitty attitude and managed to anger both their Chinese as well as Korean community (on top of the game not running for other people at all, for some reason!).

I will wait for it to be on sale, because despite all that the game looks interesting enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom