Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tale of Ronin - a game about the human side of the Samurai

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
http://www.taleofronin.com

I really like the look, although I wonder if it's going to be more of a CYOA than RPG. Maybe in the vein of Banner Saga?

Live as a ronin, survive the consequences of your choices in a dynamic world of turmoil and violence. An RPG game about camaraderie and betrayal, about war and peace, and above all honor, coming to PC and consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shame about the setting.

What's wrong with the setting?

429610_problem.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Promising. I'd be fine with an extensive CYOA with some combat sequences thrown in.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
For those interested by the (1st ?) comic book, here is the pdf version. Last page is about key feat of the game
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwS0ufdZK4lFSlV2dG4tWnphVWM/view

feat:
- A dynamic world to explore and create your own story as a free ronin.
- Focus on the human side of the samurai and the role of their personal emotions in their adventures and combat.
- Simultaneous turn based combat system that includes the details of katana swordmanship.
- Sekai system, you die, the world lives : play the story of a new ronin int he same world after each death.
- Unique traditional sumi-e art providing a hand painted inky look and feel.
- A world standing on a fine line between reality and fantasy.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Cowboy Densetsu XD

Live as a cowboy, desu! Follow the dramatic adventure of Johnny America and his friends as they travel through the deserts of New York in 1880. An RPG game about camaraderie and betrayal, about war and peace, and above all honor, exclusive for PSVita.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom