Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Talking to yourself is not normal

Codex Year of the Donut
Many codexers have no inner voice it seems, sad.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I try to only make friends that are more intelligent than I am.

Still looking...

5aBZO7.gif

Semiurge

Cipher
Being logically intelligent doesn't make you less socially competent. Social competence has a name: Emotional Intelligence. You can also call it intuition if you like.

It's very common in humans to be socially intelligent, but intellectually dimwitted and vise-versa. The important point though is that none of it set in stone.

You can make yourself smarter, or more charismatic, but it requires **work**.

Nah, emotional intelligence and intuition are not the same. Intuition is related to creativity, the intuitive are very much in touch with their subconscious thought processes. This makes their logic fluid, or "fuzzy" if you will. It helps them connect with other persons who process reality in similar ways. Yet these people can be complete logs socially and emotionally. Practicing the steps of this social dance is risky, it's better to not fake it than to appear as a hollow, manipulative charlatan. Some people can spot fakers quite easily.

Alex

Arcane
I thought the way Blood Omen did it was fun, even if over the top. Kain would go on and on about the lore of the world even as a huge battle was taking place (which would result in the lore dump being sprinkled with battle shouts both from Kain and the enemies).

Hagashager

Educated
Being logically intelligent doesn't make you less socially competent. Social competence has a name: Emotional Intelligence. You can also call it intuition if you like.

It's very common in humans to be socially intelligent, but intellectually dimwitted and vise-versa. The important point though is that none of it set in stone.

You can make yourself smarter, or more charismatic, but it requires **work**.

Nah, emotional intelligence and intuition are not the same. Intuition is related to creativity, the intuitive are very much in touch with their subconscious thought processes. This makes their logic fluid, or "fuzzy" if you will. It helps them connect with other persons who process reality in similar ways. Yet these people can be complete logs socially and emotionally. Practicing the steps of this social dance is risky, it's better to not fake it than to appear as a hollow, manipulative charlatan. Some people can spot fakers quite easily.
That makes sense on intuition.

Yes, while cliche and not as much the wonder solution as entertainment likes to say it is, "Just be Yourself" is ultimately the right answer.

You are going to get mocked regardless. You are going to have trolls try to put you down regardless. You are going to get rejected regardless. Most people are too lost in their own insecurities to be all that socially competent.

One thing I've learned is that if you think you're awkward, there's a very real chance everyone around you thinks it even worse of themselves and are overcompensating.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Talking to yourself is nice and all but talking to animals, now that's where it's really at.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Animals are lower beings and i would never be caught dead talking to an animal. Anyone who replaces higher beings with animals is fucking retarded

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Humans are animals
Humans are higher beings than any other animal. It makes sense to seperate them into different categories. At the very least it's implied that when I say animals i don't mean human beings.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
I talk to my dog all the time. He's a good boy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom