Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

Santander02

Arcane
http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145/?

15 years of in development and still churning out updates now and them, as for progress, they have a "Pipeline" and progress page that details what has been done up up until now and how far along they are on what remains.

However what they have done is already massive, a landmass the size of Vvanderfel itself full with finished quest, npcs, items and factions, even if the project goes belly up, what's already released should be enough to entertain any MW fan for a few dozen hours.

Can't wait to play the full release on OpenMW 1.0 in 2025! :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

circ

Arcane
In 15 years they could have released several rpg's with better lore and better gameplay.

201451_5_.png

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I've been playing this recently, although I didn't get this last version yet. The Telvanni questline is entertaining enough, with some decent intrigue. Too bad it's not finished yet. Some other factions in the Telvannis region have quite developed questlines as well. The new books, creatures, plants, etc. are implemented well. There's plenty of new and unique stuff without being typical overdone modder cancer. Plus, it's nice to just explore the cities and country. The added viewing distance of MGE really adds something here, since the mainland area is bigger than Vvardenfell, although about half of the landmass is still without buildings that can be entered or NPCs that say anything.

Santander02

Arcane
New version out since Tuesday.

Tamriel Rebuilt - 1807 Release

Submitted by Atrayonis on Tue, 2018-07-31 21:11

releaselogo_oldebonheart.jpg

Download Tamriel Rebuilt 18.07: Main Mirror | Morrowind Nexus

• CRC-32: 3c717082
  • SHA-1: 708795075cc331a8d3f1033e9a849946db0af62f
  • MD5: f407fc00cc0db2c3fe33cce89ed5aac3
Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 18.07 "Old Ebonheart"!

A long time in the making, we are proud to unveil our first major content release since Sacred East. Old Ebonheart is the very heart of Imperial power in Morrowind, a slice of civilized Cyrodiil in the alien east. But even within its fortified walls, danger and intrigue lurks and many an unwary traveller have lost their money and their influence here... or worse.

The newly released area

What's New
The eponymous settlement of Old Ebonheart is, of course, the main new attraction of this release. With it at the forefront, we moved our finalized landmass further west to the river Thirr, the largest river in Morrowind. The new settlements of the Aanthirin ("around-the-Thirr") region, namely Dondril, Felms Ithul, and Vhul, are also made available, with local dialogue, a new (non-player) guild, and several miscellaneous quests. Though the Aanthirin, part of House Indoril's heartlands, and Old Ebonheart are essentially next to each other, they are worlds apart.

ironmask

Arbiter
I completely forgot to mention the new soundtrack.

There is going to be a new soundtrack composed by two people, Rytelier and ASKII. Tamriel Rebuilt already had a original soundtrack but it was old, outdated, very amateurish, and the quality was overall mediocre. The rest of the new TR songs can be found on their channels if you all want to check them out.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
They will not be finalizing and implementing Almalexia's design, until the rest of the province is completed. You can visit the city, but nothing's there except Mournhold and an earlier layout of Almalexia. After that, they want to revisit the Telvanni holdings and bring them up to current standards, a decision which I agree with. So 30 years after release, Morrowind should finally be finished.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Tamriel Rebuilt is as good if not better than Vanilla Morrowind gameplay imo. Running around doing quests in Old Ebonheart was the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a Scrolls game in awhile.

ironmask

Arbiter
Tamriel Rebuilt is as good if not better than Vanilla Morrowind gameplay imo. Running around doing quests in Old Ebonheart was the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a Scrolls game in awhile.
You might also enjoy project tamriel then, some of the people who work on Tamriel Rebuilt also works on PT. It's like beyond Skyrim but for Morrowind. The only playable provinces right now is skyrim and a small island near cyrodiil.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Can one join Houses Indoril or Dres?
In a dozen years, yes perhaps. When I last tried Tamriel Rebuilt, they hadn't even created the terrain for Dres holdings in southeastern Morrowind, and only a small portion of Indoril's territory was finalized (sans quests).

Poseidon00

Arcane
You might also enjoy project tamriel then, some of the people who work on Tamriel Rebuilt also works on PT. It's like beyond Skyrim but for Morrowind. The only playable provinces right now is skyrim and a small island near cyrodiil.

Is this also in Morrowind? I'll still be exploring new content by the time the new, even more watered down Elder Scrolls 6 comes out.

I'm glad I waited years and years to touch Tamriel Rebuilt, since apparently it took ages to get to this state. Amazing it is still being worked on.

ironmask

Arbiter
The new update has finally been released!

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 19.12 - Aanthirin.

In the last Old Ebonheart release, we showed you a glimpse of the lands that once Prophet Veloth himself has passed, who tamed its tumbling waters during his great exodus to the Sacred East; and now, we are presenting you the whole region. Venture through the rich soils and gently flowing waters of Aanthirin, the crossroads of Morrowind.

Newly released area, along with newly created Idaverrano and Wavebreaker Keep

What's New?
The main attraction of this release is the region of Aanthirin; large and unnatural landscape dominated by the Thirr River, the largest river in Morrowind. The region's picturesque landscape hides the vicious power struggle between the encroaching Great Houses. New settlements in the release include Almas Thirr, a Temple stronghold built where the Prophet Veloth and his followers once crossed the river on their great journey to the East, and Roa Dyr, the chapel stronghold of Indoril Ilvi, located in the Indoril-controlled side of the region.

We are also proud to say that this new release adds more than 60 quests to the mainland. Almas Thirr features a lengthy and branching Temple questline where the player is tasked with keeping the fragile peace between House Hlaalu and House Indoril in the face of an impending House War, as well as a sacred Temple order intended for high level players. In addition to a new pilgrimage, faithful acolytes will see their belief tested and perhaps, rewarded. Both back in Old Ebonheart and across the Thirr River in Hlaalu-controlled lands, players can find many more adventures waiting for them. Race a man who runs as fast as lightning, collect bounties to earn a lord's favor, help an ambitious wizard to break the laws of time and space, and investigate the disappearance of a sailor in the isolationist lake town of Aimrah and many more.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Are the quests in TR any good? I've only ever noclipped around in the mainland just to look at pretty environments, but by the time I'm half way through morrowind MQ I get bored and uninstall, so I've literally never gotten to any of the xpacs or TR stuff..

Just for comparison I REALLY enjoy goofy quest mods like the Telvanni quest line expansion mods (uvirith's legacy/RoHT/etc..).

Open Path

Learned
Are the quests in TR any good? I've only ever noclipped around in the mainland just to look at pretty environments, but by the time I'm half way through morrowind MQ I get bored and uninstall, so I've literally never gotten to any of the xpacs or TR stuff..

In my experience yes. I played many quests already in a couple of playthroughs, 80-100, some very old ones and some added in the last years -but not yet from the nearly 100 new quests added in last two releases which I have read included some of the best quest lines-. My impression is that they are usually well designed, fitting Morrowind atmosphere very well, I haven't experience out of place or cheesy content in any quest or dialogue as is so common in some other good mods -LGNPCs or at least extent in RoHT e.g.-.

There are many more miscellaneous quests already than in original MW, which help to make the world more alive and consistent, however the geographic distribution of those quests is very concentrated yet, with some zones around some locations with far more content density than any place in original MW but entire regions in which the feeling of emptyness is yet very noticeable -talking only of the playable parts-. Most faction quests have been only half implemented or in a initial stage, however Tribunal Temple*, Fighters Guild, Telvanni House, Magues Guild and Thieves Guild, in order of how much content include, have enough quests to offer to reach highest ranks and give the feeling of a complete faction.

There is some inconsistence in the quality level, probably associated with the large and always changing set of modders that designed quests along the years, but the worst of them are only "simple", mostly not bad, some fetch quests, some simple "kill that guy/monster" quests, etc. However there are a good amount of them with multiple paths to solve the problem and more diversity in general than vanilla ones: more investigation, more unfaithful quest givers, more optional steps, some very good examples of exploration and directions, some new spells, animations, interactive objects, puzzles, etc.

*Edit: Last release added many new Tribunal Temple quests -19 or so-, so that faction seems to have more quests in Mainland than in Vvardenfell now, I count about 31 mainland quests vs. 29 in the island.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Did they fix the massive engine-related bugs which occur at long distances from 0,0 coordinates? Literally your whole screen starts shaking (more of a problem with Project Tamriel).

Comte

I tried out the latest update and its just a huge land mass with some boring quests I encountered so far. I think if I wanna play morrowind the regular game is enough.

Molina

Savant
Did they fix the massive engine-related bugs which occur at long distances from 0,0 coordinates? Literally your whole screen starts shaking (more of a problem with Project Tamriel).
Wait what. Morrowind doen'st fix the floating point problem ?

Luzur

Good Sir
Wait what. Morrowind doen'st fix the floating point problem ?

Actually, from what ive read it was more like if you got far enough from the main map area the game would jsut quit loading in the ground and you'll sink right through and die in the void.

also:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom