Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

Funposter

Arcane
it broke every single mod that relies on TR_Data because they renamed all of their meshes and deprecated assets, AGAIN : )

edit: You can use the file patcher included in the Tamriel Data docs to fix some of these. Certain old file names will get redirected to their new, correct name. It's not perfect, but it's a stop-gap until some mods are updated.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
Giving the mod a whirl and it's pretty great so far. Ditched vanilla entirely and embarked towards Old Ebonheart straight away, and build up my level 1 character there. Lots of fun quests to do and places to visit.

Funposter

Arcane
Giving the mod a whirl and it's pretty great so far. Ditched vanilla entirely and embarked towards Old Ebonheart straight away, and build up my level 1 character there. Lots of fun quests to do and places to visit.
I will always tell anyone who is willing to listen that the Almas Thirr Tribunal Temple quests are better than anything in vanilla MW.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I wish that Province Cyrodill had the same release pace as TR, in a better world by now over half of Colovia would be done but i guess manpower probably cant even compare.

Harthwain

Magister
It's weird how many different projects are around: Skyblivion, Morroblivion and this.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
By the time it's finished Colovian Fur Hats will be all out of fashion.
"M'aiq longs for a Colovian Fur Helm. Practical, yet stylish. M'aiq is very sad he does not have one."

MW-npc-M%27Aiq_the_Liar.jpg

Zariusz

Arbiter
It's weird how many different projects are around: Skyblivion, Morroblivion and this.
Even more considering that they never got finished on time. Every time they get decent amount of progress, new TES entry is released and with it new generation of TES recreation projects. Its funny that Oblivion ones are in this redundant state, thanks to Todd not making TES VI Skyrim ones are still relevant hoarding most of the modders, most of attention and better graphics, on the other hand Morrowind projects offer superior gameplay, content, modder experience and cooperation.

I imagine that even if only half of Skyrim coomer modders population got harnessed to work on those projects, all of them would get finished in no time.

thesecret1

Arcane
I wish that Province Cyrodill had the same release pace as TR, in a better world by now over half of Colovia would be done but i guess manpower probably cant even compare.
By the look of things, they're focusing on Skyrim over Cyrodiil

Zariusz

Arbiter
By the look of things, they're focusing on Skyrim over Cyrodiil
Dont they have separate teams with like only some people jumping between after finishing certain larger parts?

Arryosha

Learned
I can't help wondering what a project of similar scale and quality for Daggerfall would have looked like. It wouldn't involve expanding the map, of course. It would involve various kinds of "filling in."

thesecret1

Arcane
Dont they have separate teams with like only some people jumping between after finishing certain larger parts?
Could be. But I imagine that any new modder is more likely to join the project that seems to be making progress rather than one that's moving at a glacial pace.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Luzur

Good Sir

ironmask

Arbiter
I think they finally gotten started on working on quest for PC so there's that.

Deadyawn

Learned
Just finished House Hlaalu quests from the new area.

They were alright. More involved than vanilla and tried to account for how I handled previous quests. It even acknowledged when I murdered an npc for the Morag Tong that also was part of a quest. Good stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom